What are you buying for your children?

ebony0421

Guest Deals4Me
Okay, Gotta ask, are you REALLY getting ya'll under 12 crowd a TV? I didnt have my own personal TV till I bought it when I was working!!!

Okay, Gotta ask, are you REALLY getting ya'll under 12 crowd a TV? I didnt have my own personal TV till I bought it when I was working!!!

When we get our new house bulit we plan on getting our daughter one and she just turned 3. I think it's ok for younger children to have their own tv just as long as you monitor what they watch and don't let them sit and watch it all day.

We have a four bedroom house so, oldest son has his own room, two girls share, and two youngest boys share. They have tvs, video games, and the oldest three have dvd players in their rooms. The two youngest boys have a vcr in their room but we will probably get them a dvd player this year. I love them all having their own, saves on fights about what to watch and when they have sleepovers, they can sleep in their rooms and not in my living room.lol I don't have a problem with them watching too much and they all have times at night that they have to be off for bed. I know what you mean, though, I got a tv in my room for the first time when I was 16. But I guess as times change...when I was little most houses only had one tv, now most people have them in every room.

My kids are 16 and 13 (She will be 14 in January) and I'm thinking she'll get a miniDV camcorder and a sewing machine and probably jewelry and he'll get probably the xbox 360 if my husband can wait that long to open it--if not he'll get games, CD's and maybe a new sax

For my daughter (11)- Gameboy Advance SP, 2 games for the GBA, 3 videos for the GBA, Bratz doll, My Scene doll, Karaoke Cam music video maker machine and 3 additional cartridges for the machine. I actually am almost done with her, just have to pick up the GBA SP and the 2 games. Bought everything else already.

For my son (8) - PSP system, 2 games for the PSP, 2 UMD movies for the PSP, Nascar radio controlled race car, WWE ring giants action figure. Beyond that I'm not sure. He is harder to buy for then my daughter. Whats worse is his Bday is 2 days after Christmas so I have to think of a few things to buy him for that too!

For my niece (almost 3)- Dress & Dance Dora doll, Disney princess dress up trunk, Baby Born doll.

My 5 yr old dd has her own TV, VCR, and DVD. In her room she also has a video now and I am planning to get her a personal DVD this BF...

Yes I know she is my spoiled little princess!!!!LOL

I still don't know exactly, but I am certainly getting my 2 year old daughter some DVDs up there (I'm teaching her how to speak English with the DVDs), speaiclly Barney ones, she's a huge Barney fan. I'll try to get the little people sets at Walmart on BF... But I wanna get her more things, since I'll have a bit more money, and I'll go up there, where we can buy cool stuff we wouldn't even dream here.

Do you have any other suggestions for this 2 year old cutie?

<==========

I still don't know exactly, but I am certainly getting my 2 year old daughter some DVDs up there (I'm teaching her how to speak English with the DVDs), speaiclly Barney ones, she's a huge Barney fan. I'll try to get the little people sets at Walmart on BF... But I wanna get her more things, since I'll have a bit more money, and I'll go up there, where we can buy cool stuff we wouldn't even dream here.

Do you have any other suggestions for this 2 year old cutie?

<==========

She's adorable!! My niece is 2, also. She loves Cinderella--the movie and all the accessories and "princess" toys. I also got her a Fisher Price ride on car thing and a Tea Set so far (it's the Princess one)

Those tracfones at Wal-Mart are nice for pre-teens. They are pre-paid and gives them responcibility to buy their own minutes by doing extra chores.

Hubby and I have Tracphone and son has Virgin Mobile. The Virgin Mobile seems to be better on minutes, they last longer on it, even for a teen. So, we are getting the three oldest Virgin Mobiles at Radio Shack. They will be 19.99:wizard:

She's adorable!! My niece is 2, also. She loves Cinderella--the movie and all the accessories and "princess" toys. I also got her a Fisher Price ride on car thing and a Tea Set so far (it's the Princess one)

Thanks! My daughter likes Cinderella, too. Maybe I'll get her a costume, and toys. What's this Fisher Price ride on car thing?

My daughter has had hers since she was 2. At first I questioned wether it was a good idea or not...but she actually watches less tv this way than when she didn't have one. My husbands cousin couldn't believe how little tv she watches...stating that's all her 3 yr old does. I think it's because when they watch YOUR tv you watch w/ them and they will be more still and pay more attention than if they have other distractions. Also...not sure how old you are but..tv's were ALOT more expensive back when I was a kid(80's) and I didn't have one til I was 9. I paid less than 100 for my daughters 20in on black friday back in 2001.

For anyone with younger children, my daughter (3) got the Care Bear Share A Story

:g_thumble

Thanks for the idea SuperMommy! My dd is 19 months, and I am so thankful she can't ask for things like the older kiddos do and ask for the expensive stuff :gd_stars: I'll be trying for a cabbage patch newborn or two, carebear with dvd, and I wanna see what the 4 post princess canopy bed looks like!

DD 13 has a big screen( 52 inch):: with a built in DVD player in her room... Now she wants a plasma ... ( still debating this one )