Do you pick up stuff for friends & family (as a favor, not gifts) on BF?

Marcster

Last year, my Grandfather's second wife wanted a complete computer set-up to replace her Windows 98 desktop.

So, before BF, I bought her a laptop and case. In my mind, BF and laptop selection don't mix -- too crazy.

Then on BF, I bought the Sony DSC-P72 digital camera, media card, media card reader, all-in-one printer (and USB cable) and plenty of photo paper.

She doesn't get around as well as she used to (she lives in one of those assisted living complexes), and definitely wouldn't have wanted wait in those lines... She really appreciated it.

And I saved her $270.00 in rebates!

I do also offer every year to pick up stuff for my wife's cousin who always has to work, but he always turns me down...

Who (if anyone) do you buy for? :slaphappy

I do, but why do people look at you so funny when you put 7 dvd players in your buggy?:D

This year (so far) I'm picking up another dvd player and the HP laptop.

Actually, the guy that wants the laptop lives 20 miles from me, and he's going to HIS walmart, and I'm going to mine, and whoever gets it first will call the other (just in case they sell out too quickly at the other store).

I'm sure that list will build as more ads come out.

I usually split stores with friends. A couple of us will goto bestbuy and pickup extra items. Others will pickup exta items at their stops. We all have are 1st stops. Its the only way to get in on most of the good bargains.:)

That is a great idea, all of my friend say Im crazy for going, they just dont know how much fun it is.

I usually split stores with friends. A couple of us will goto bestbuy and pickup extra items. Others will pickup exta items at their stops. We all have are 1st stops. Its the only way to get in on most of the good bargains.:)

I agree, we will be doing the same thing this year.:grandpa:

That is soooooo practical! :2drunk:

yep. my boss usually goes out of town so i will get a couple things for him for his kids. brownie points :-D if someone asks, i will pick something up for them if i know i'm going to that store.

It's only brownie points if you weren't planning on going there in the first place. You're just being considerate & nice. :)

Mom, aunt, and myself sit down and decide what each of want from different stores. Then we divide the stores. Mom and I go to some and she goes to the others. We get what she wants and she gets what we want. That is so much easier because there is no way we could make all of the stores if we didn't split them up. If any of us have out of town company who do not go to BF, we enlist them and split it up even more.lol

The only way that I do that is if we are shopping in a group and split up the stores. If they don't want to go BF shopping and want me to pick something up for them, I won't do it. If they want to wait in line at another store at 4am and help me out, too, I'm more than happy to pick something up.