hcg??

I bought some from Amazon but only used them for a couple of days. A couple of days after purchasing, I was watching Dr. OZ and his show was all about it that day. There were some ladies on there that had a bad experience with it such has hair loss, migraines etc. I myself, did not have this happen but again, I only used them for a couple of days. Your supposed to follow the 500 calorie diet with it. I think with most diets, especially 500 calorie, your going to have some negative side effects.

I don't see how one can go on 500 calories but the thing was that the first 2 days of taking the drops were also your "loading" days. The first 2 days you were supposed to eat as much as you possibly could of very fattening foods so that it could be stored once you started the 500 calories to keep you going. Theres alot of info on the net about this, some bad and some good. I have read alot of success stories though but 500 calories does seem dangerous. Talk to your doctor to see what he thinks, he may even prescribe hcg injections. Buying off the internet, you don't know really know what your getting. I did buy from a merchant on Amazon that had a lot of great reviews but still................

Would be safer to check with your doctor first.:yup:

500 calories a day is dangerously low. You should not be consuming that small amount of calories unless under a doctor's care. "fat loading" before starting a diet program seems crazy.

It'd be better to cut your caloric intake to 1500 calories a day, and work off 500 a day (difficult, I know. Aim for 200ish as a safer range.) Limiting calories suck, I know, but it's more effective than fad diets limiting your calories to a crazy low number.

i can tell you that i used to work for weight watchers until i had my last kidlet. the last 20 lbs would NOT budge no matter what i did....exercise three hours a day, drop my calories, you name it. so i'm turning 40 in a month. told my husband i am trying this diet for 30ish days. if the weight doesn't come off, i'm giving away ALL my clothes that don't fit and believe me there's a bunch. i have a friend that is doing it with me. this is my 2nd day of 500 calories and i'm down 5lbs!!! i'm 5'4" and weigh 145. my goal weight is 120. i'm not hungry!! i'm taking biotin every day to combat the hair loss. i've read where the hair loss doesn't happen until around two months after the diet stops. i've also read where it doesn't happen as much on the hhcg drops which is what i'm taking. i bought hhcg drops over the internet from a person on hcgdietinfo.com. i read and read and read and she seemed reputable, around a long time, and people had had success on these drops. so far so good!! by the way, i have three kids that i have to cook for every night and i'm not tempted to taste anything!! it truely is amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...
Please share what exactly you are eating in a day...I have 2 pharmacists in the family and they both have been on this diet...one swears it's safe and had tremendous success, she lost all her baby weight right away. Actually she was on it for a couple cycles. The other one experienced headaches and lack of concentration so she stopped. I also have a nutritionist in the family and she says not to do it. So...I am torn about this....I would also like to try this, maybe moderated style,lol, but I've heard that you have to follow it to the T. or it slows your weight loss. I did have the book for awhile but gave it back as another friend was going to try it, so now I don't have the book anymore. Is there a website that has daily recipes etc. ? TIA ;)

sure i'll share...for breakfast i make myself a spinach smoothy with spinach, water, frozen strawberries, and liquid chocolate stevia. YUM! for lunch yesterday i had a ground chicken breast browned with chicken seasonings, mixed in a can of fireroasted tomatoes. for supper last night i had a sirloin steak and a salad. i'm not hungry, no headaches, nothing. i have three friends doing it with me. lots of support for each other. IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!! hunger is not an issue so the mind comes into play and tells you you want to eat, but that happens in any diet or everyday eating. you must control your eating or you will gain IMMEDIATELY. i still cook for my family of five and they still eat mcdonalds and pizza. i just choose not to. the immediate success of this diet is what keeps me going. no weekly weigh in...I WEIGH IN EVERY DAY to see my hard earned efforts rewarded. i will do this for a 30 day cycle. my motto is FAT IS HARD AND DIETING IS HARD....pick your hard! the website that has tons of info and helpful forms is www.hcgdietinfo.com. hope i can post that without getting in trouble. im mabennett on there so feel free to ask any questions you like.

HappilyThinnerAfter.com is a great place for info. You have to read Dr Simeon's "Pounds and Inches" article to understand the process. He was the first person to study this protocol in depth. The article is kind of tedious at first but gets better and explains the whole process. Part of the controvesy and negative thoughts are because of fake product. If you take fake HCG and only eat 500 cal, your metabolism is going to be messed up. The real deal does work and it is the only diet I've ever been on that got rid of my lower abd fat. however, it is not easy and there is very little leeway with the food. Also, the spinach/choc smoothie is great. Congrats on your loss.

sure i'll share...for breakfast i make myself a spinach smoothy with spinach, water, frozen strawberries, and liquid chocolate stevia. YUM! for lunch yesterday i had a ground chicken breast browned with chicken seasonings, mixed in a can of fireroasted tomatoes. for supper last night i had a sirloin steak and a salad. i'm not hungry, no headaches, nothing. i have three friends doing it with me. lots of support for each other. IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!! hunger is not an issue so the mind comes into play and tells you you want to eat, but that happens in any diet or everyday eating. you must control your eating or you will gain IMMEDIATELY. i still cook for my family of five and they still eat mcdonalds and pizza. i just choose not to. the immediate success of this diet is what keeps me going. no weekly weigh in...I WEIGH IN EVERY DAY to see my hard earned efforts rewarded. i will do this for a 30 day cycle. my motto is FAT IS HARD AND DIETING IS HARD....pick your hard! the website that has tons of info and helpful forms is www.hcgdietinfo.com. hope i can post that without getting in trouble. im mabennett on there so feel free to ask any questions you like.

Where do you buy your liquid chocolate stevia? Although I am not doing this diet, I do use stevia. I didn't even know they made liquid chocolate stevia.

i've lost a total of 17 lbs in 30 days....im now on a 7 day planned interruption where i eat meat, dairy, good healthy fasts...just no sugar or carbs...ive maintained beatifully and even lost another pound this week. after Easter i will go back on the drops for two more weeks to finish losing the last 5-10 lbs. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this diet. i can eat peanut butter by the gallon and not gain weight where as before i'd gain by looking at it. im able to eat the same meat, cheese, dairy that my family does without having to buy and fix "mine" aka low cal, low fat, big price. i am a firm believer and will never do anything else to lose weight. oh, i planned the week's interruption around easter and my 40th bday so that i could eat good fats and dairy for these meals without gaining weight.

I would think if you did nothing else but eat 500 calories a day you would lose weight; drops or no drops.

Exactly, that's how I do it. I can't cut back and lose anything. I took a womens walking class and we learned with your regular exercise you shouldn't eat more than 1300 calories anyway or you will gain. The only way I can lose weight is to not eat at all. I drink diet green tea and eat no breakfast or dinner and just a small amount of supper and maybe some popcorn at night. I can lose 5-10 pounds a week that way. I maintained a 20 pound loss for the last year that way. I weigh myself every day and if I gain a little, I don't eat again for a few days.

500 calories a day is dangerously low. You should not be consuming that small amount of calories unless under a doctor's care. "fat loading" before starting a diet program seems crazy.

It'd be better to cut your caloric intake to 1500 calories a day, and work off 500 a day (difficult, I know. Aim for 200ish as a safer range.) Limiting calories suck, I know, but it's more effective than fad diets limiting your calories to a crazy low number.

I would think if you did nothing else but eat 500 calories a day you would lose weight; drops or no drops.

They are safe and so is the diet... but as freesia39 says, it definitely should be done under doctor's care. Most side effects are simply from something else going on in your body and changing your nutrition without correcting any underlying causes. Other side effects are from not using the drops in the correct manner.

And yes, as dealdiva says, eating only 500 calories a day you are going to lose weight. No way around it. HOWEVER, the difference is that the hCG targets the body's stored fat cells and introduces them into the blood stream as fuel. Therefore making a person feel as though they are "full" with only the 500 calories. But it's not like you can go have a cheeseburger or fries for the 500 and call it a day. There is a strict list of foods to choose from and you have to make the appropriate choices from each of the types allowed. This is to make sure your body has the correct nutrition while eating the VLC diet.

Plus heavy exercise is discouraged on the diet because you are not eating enough to fuel muscles for workouts, etc. So perhaps this is a great way to jumpstart weight loss when someone feels they are just too heavy to be able to move and start getting the weight off on their own.

For myself, the choices on the 500 calorie diet are just not acceptable to me long term. So I have chosen a different route and have been very successful in losing almost 60 pounds in 4 months. The biggest advantage to me with choosing to eat right, eat correct portions, and exercise is that our family can all eat right together, including the kids. Only one meal to cook each time we eat instead of one for them and one for me. Plus we are exercising and moving and being active as a family and that's what it's all about for me. Enjoying my family and life. :)

Good luck to all trying to lose weight, whether it's hCG or any other diet plan. :)

Exactly, that's how I do it. I can't cut back and lose anything. I took a womens walking class and we learned with your regular exercise you shouldn't eat more than 1300 calories anyway or you will gain. The only way I can lose weight is to not eat at all. I drink diet green tea and eat no breakfast or dinner and just a small amount of supper and maybe some popcorn at night. I can lose 5-10 pounds a week that way. I maintained a 20 pound loss for the last year that way. I weigh myself every day and if I gain a little, I don't eat again for a few days.

Please take care or yourself. Your body needs more than diet green tea and popcorn to survive. I hope that you can consider eating 3 meals a day and not starving yourself. I realize that I don't know you, but that makes me concerned for you.