Kmart on Thanksgiving

knittingarrows

With all of the talk of Friday shopping, I'm wondering if anyone hits Kmart on Thursday? The ones here in OK are open for the football widows (as best I can understand - I've only ever seen 2 men shopping on Thanksgiving Day).

Last year I got the leather coats for DH and myself for $100.

I always at least put the things I really want, and can find at Kmart on lay-a-way on Thanksgiving day. THEN, I go BF shopping!

April

Kmart on Thanksgiving opens up at 6am here by me. I get in line by 4-5am. Usually within the first 10 people or so. Get done by 7am. Come home, make my usualy Holiday breakfast (every holiday I make a big breakfast for the family) then get to work on Thanksgiving dinner. I may have some relief this year as I may not have to hold it at my house! Im crossing my fingers

I've gone to Kmart in the past. It all depends on what sale items I'm looking for. We've picked up pillows and sheets for our guest room in the past, and they were really inexpensive. Sorry, I don't remember what they cost.

DH and I almost always go to KMart on Thanksgiving, but we don't go until we are on our way home from the big dinner.

This may change this year because our KMart near our house has turned into a Sears Essentials - no idea if it will be open or what kind of deals they may have.

Guest Deals4Me

We women dont get TV on T-day... Especially this year... MAYBE at my inlaws with NO cable or ON DEMAND!! ARGH!@@@@@@@@@@@@

Either way, I will be at big lots and kmart with HUBBY.

He lives for this stuff.

I HATE K-MART!!!! So, my Wal-Mart is open on Thanksgiving day until 12 pm I think. So last year I had them price match the items that were on sale. We don't have a K-Mart here anymore, but our Wal-Mart will price match anything within 50 miles. I just took my sales ads in last year and they were perfectly willing to match the prices!

I go on Thanksgiving. They open at 6 here. The video game deals are great! I think it was last year that the Thanksgiving day sales were better than the black friday sales at Kmart.

I'm usually home by 8 am.

My store is not crowded on Thanksgiving. I guess it's where you are from.

I used to hit Kmart every year, but ours closed last month. :( And the next one is north of here (about 45 min away), so if there is something I really can't live without then I will make the trip. But with 20 plus people being here that day, I probably will just cry in my sweet potatoes! lol

I hit Kmart every year along with Big Lots. I go right when they open and have never had a problem with a ton of ppl to deal with. Since the Kmarts I have been to open an hour before Big Lots I hit them first then head over to Big Lots get what I need and then head home. :)

I HATE K-MART!!!! So, my Wal-Mart is open on Thanksgiving day until 12 pm I think. So last year I had them price match the items that were on sale. We don't have a K-Mart here anymore, but our Wal-Mart will price match anything within 50 miles. I just took my sales ads in last year and they were perfectly willing to match the prices!

Thanks for posting this, I was just going to ask this very thing!

The nearest K-mart is about 30 miles away from the Wal-Mart near FIL. When would I find the K-mart ad in the paper to bring into Wal-Mart to price match?

I have been known to. But last year they did something that I hope they don't do this year and that was starting in October they have one day only sales. Now don't get me wrong some of them I will go for but I live 70 miles away from anything and with the gas prices I just don't think I can. For sure on BF though.