XBOX 360 Question

SBC2004

OK *****UPDATE ON 360 STATUS************

As some of you know, I posted a few days ago that EB ?Gamestop is getting around half of thier first wave pre-orders. hubby called DM today, to ask WTF to do with irate customers. Well, apparently Microsoft isnt as dumb as sony. there is apparently going to be a 2nd shipment within DAYS of the 1st. That doesnt mean they will be for 2nd wave pre-orders, but for the others on the 1st wave who wont get it on the 22nd. They would not give a date in case Microsoft cannot follow up. How mad would you be if you were told it would be there TWICe and TWICE it wasnt? But they said every preorder should easily be filled by Christmas. As far as after that, who knows. But I also wouldnt count on Target, WM, BB to have as many as originally thought either.

If you didn't preorder one before August your chance of getting one is pretty slim. Pre orders on ebay are going for $650 to $800 if that tells you anything. Only chance is to find a store that didn't do preorders and be in line EARLY. I preordered 3 in June. 1 for hubby and 2 to sell on Ebay to the people that can't get them and will pay out the nose lol. That will be my BF money. Looks like it will be a good Christmas shopping year this year based on what they already go for. Rumor is the Nov 22nd shipment will be the only one before Christmas. Hope you find one

Mara

I'd be careful, if you dont already sell on ebay, even those items might be hard to sell. Believe me. You look at an item that is the same as yours but you aren't a powerseller, they don't buy. So it could be hard. I sold PSP's like that when they first came out (I sold on ebay actually by dropshipping, and they wouldnt buy from me at first)

OK *****UPDATE ON 360 STATUS************

As some of you know, I posted a few days ago that EB ?Gamestop is getting around half of thier first wave pre-orders. hubby called DM today, to ask WTF to do with irate customers. Well, apparently Microsoft isnt as dumb as sony. there is apparently going to be a 2nd shipment within DAYS of the 1st. That doesnt mean they will be for 2nd wave pre-orders, but for the others on the 1st wave who wont get it on the 22nd. They would not give a date in case Microsoft cannot follow up. How mad would you be if you were told it would be there TWICe and TWICE it wasnt? But they said every preorder should easily be filled by Christmas. As far as after that, who knows. But I also wouldnt count on Target, WM, BB to have as many as originally thought either.

I'm amazed you got that information, I called game stop they said flat out we could order it, it was 50 bucks, and there could be a chance it might be there by christmas, but there might be chance it wont be till after, they dont know. But they'll take orders, so basically what they are doing is going by the day you ordered and filling them as they get it, Thats what it sounds like.

Our local game store bought back all thier pre orders, saying that they weren't sure how many they'd be getting since they aren't one of the chains, just locally owned and opperated. So DH is camping out at Wal mart, even taking a vacation day from work. Any one else's hubby this crazy?lol;)

I think everyone just needs to take it easy and relax. Unless you are desperate for the console the week of launch, chances are that you'll have little trouble picking it up before Christmas. There's a talk that MS might be creating artificial shortages to hype up the release. Also, like someone else posted, stores are reporting that they're going to get 2nd shipment the week of launch. I can't post links yet but I suggest you all visit Kotaku.com and read a few pieces they have on this subject.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest general41391
The only sale I know of is the UNIVERSAL REMOTE (normally $30) will be $20 at compusa. Since the xbox 360 comes out just a few days before Black friday, there will be NO deals on the xbox 360. possibly games (So far NO) and maybe accessories (very limited)...also if you did not pre-order by September 2005, you can NOT get an xbox 360 until January-March 2006

The only sale I know of is the UNIVERSAL REMOTE (normally $30) will be $20 at compusa. Since the xbox 360 comes out just a few days before Black friday, there will be NO deals on the xbox 360. possibly games (So far NO) and maybe accessories (very limited)...also if you did not pre-order by September 2005, you can NOT get an xbox 360 until January-March 2006

No offense or anything - but, then why did you ask?

...also if you did not pre-order by September 2005, you can NOT get an xbox 360 until January-March 2006

first off, you are completely incorrect. the Best Buy near me will have about the same amount they had with the original XBOX. most of which will be immediately available, starting at 8am. some Best Buy stores are open at midnight. If you want them, you can get them, but you are going to have to wait in line at least 6+ hours. when I got my ps2 I waited about 11 hours in line. just have the cash and a comfy chair :)

I'm amazed you got that information, I called game stop they said flat out we could order it, it was 50 bucks, and there could be a chance it might be there by christmas, but there might be chance it wont be till after, they dont know. But they'll take orders, so basically what they are doing is going by the day you ordered and filling them as they get it, Thats what it sounds like.

I got this info because my Hubby is a manager at EB. So he tells me what is going on so I can let you guys know.

Also, here is a list of the BB allocations. They seem to be getting quite a bit at a select few stores. For you Georgians, head to NP!!) Just look up by your store # to see how many they are getting. You can find the store # by going to thier website and clicking on Locator. Hope this Helps some of you!!!

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/64/

I got this info because my Hubby is a manager at EB. So he tells me what is going on so I can let you guys know.

Also, here is a list of the BB allocations. They seem to be getting quite a bit at a select few stores. For you Georgians, head to NP!!) Just look up by your store # to see how many they are getting. You can find the store # by going to thier website and clicking on Locator. Hope this Helps some of you!!!

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/64/

We appreciate the inside info. My 3 pre-orders at gamestop were pushed back but so far my EB games preorders are still good.

I'd be careful, if you dont already sell on ebay, even those items might be hard to sell. Believe me. You look at an item that is the same as yours but you aren't a powerseller, they don't buy. So it could be hard. I sold PSP's like that when they first came out (I sold on ebay actually by dropshipping, and they wouldnt buy from me at first)

I have sold a decent amount on Ebay plus I plan to scan my reciepts from EB and game stop showing they are paid in full already. Had my ebay account since 2000

Since it hasn't been clearly stated, I've read a number of articles that state that Microsoft is purposely limiting the release (they actually stopped the production lines) and is making some stores guarantee that they will sell out the first day.

Personally, I am waiting until Halo 3 before I purchase a 360.

I know it's way too early to put it on sale, but I'm surprised that the ads didn't make a bigger deal out of the xbox release.

Do you think there will be a lot more people in line on BF thinking they're going to get the xbox? Or do you think most of the people that want it would have gotten it on Tuesday and the rest will know they have too small of a chance to get it?

Best Buy is already the most crowded store on BF (at least where I am)! I'm afraid xbox 360 is just going to make it worse...