Bridal gown/wedding dress

momlori

ebay if you're willing to wait - they're made in China, so it won't be the greatest quality material, but it's definitely cheap.

Otherwise, try looking on wedding forums and find people who are selling their dress. http://www.weddingbee.com is one, or even craigslist. Ask if it has been altered - there are a lot of people out there who wind up with two dresses...

REMEMBER: Your street size is not the same as your wedding dress size. Wedding gown sizes are typically two sizes larger.

Actual fancy wedding gown or white gown? If you don't want over the top bridal try dept. stores AFTER PROM. I got two nice formals at dillards for around $30 each 90% off!! I was suprised at how much white they had!

Resale, consignment or custom from a seamstress (how I got mine designed after a designer gown that's price tag was over 10K!)

Also remember that things can most likely be altered to fit :)

Congrats ;)

If anyone will know about this the gottadealers will! I am looking for a wedding gown/dress to wear in May. I do not want to spend over a couple of hundred dollars and I am plus size. Any ideas on where to find good deals?:eyepoppin

Are you wanting a full length gown or a dress length. Roamans and Woman Within usually have some nice dressy stuff and as we go into spring they usually have something in white or off white.

Davids Bridal has some fabulous sales on wedding dresses and have an awesome plus size collection. You also get to go and try them on in the store and compare. I was lucky to get my wedding dress on major clearance from a Bridal store going out of business. Good Luck !!

I am getting married in June

I own a formalwear shop. One piece of advice is about David's Bridals. Be careful of their alterations. They consistently order dresses too big so that they can do the alterations. I have a wonderful seamstress in my store and she is constantly having to take up dresses ordered from them that they ordered too big. Also, a small store often has great clearance sales...I know I do in my store.

I also am a plus size. I was married in April last year. I went to David's Bridal and paid 299 for my gown. I went elsewhere for alterations. My experience with David's Bridal was positive but their alterations are expensive. They have dresses in all price ranges and they also offer layaway of dresses in store. Good luck.

My daughter bought a beautiful strapless lace up the back gown at David's Bridal. A formal wear shop had told us not to worry if a gown she liked was too tight, You can take out the back zipper easily and make it a lace up, which is what she wanted anyway. We paid 200 for it. They quoted over 150 for alterations, but a local seamstress in our town did them all for 30.00.

Find the dress you want and Davids bridal with the order number. Then go to ebay. I dont know if I was just lucky or not but found my daughters wedding dress on there for 400. cheaper. than in the store. It still had the tags on it. Boy was I a happy mom!!!! Good luck and its worth trying

I bought my dress at a local department store. It was on clearance and I paid about $28 for it. I had alterations done at the store and they were inexpensive as well. My dress was a very pale cream shade. Its was long with a halter style front and my back was bare.

I wanted a very simple, but elegant dress because I was also wearing my Mom's veil, cathedral length, vintage lace and made by my Grandma. I tried on numerous dresses at so many stores and then my Mom found this one at work one day and it was perfect!.

I found my BFF's wedding dress at the same department store. It was a very simple white formal gown with rhinestone trim under the bust. Her dress was a little over $100 full price. The dress hadn't even made it on to the floor yet. I saw it on the rolling rack and grabbed two sizes and put them on hold so she could try them on.

Check at department stores and see if they have in house alterations. Even if they don't try to find one in your area. Alterations make all the difference. They will make a $100 look like a custom made dress. Fit is everything!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Resale, consignment or custom from a seamstress (how I got mine designed after a designer gown that's price tag was over 10K!)

I did this too, but I lucked out - the person who made my dresses is a friend of my family, and actually my mom's bridesmaid from when she got married. :D

Definitely be wary of what size David's Bridal wants you to try on. I walked in and told them I was a size 4, the lady looked at me and said oh no, you're an 8. She brought out tons of size 8 dresses and all of them were huge on me. She kept assuring me that they could take it up (and charge a ton for it). I finally sent my mom to get the same dress I had on but in a size 4 and it fit almost perfectly (a little big in the waist). The saleslady kept telling me that I really needed the 8 and have it taken up. We finally ended up leaving after I decided to get the 4 and the lady "couldn't find it" and tried to switch it out for the 8 when we were paying. I ended up up with an even better dress from a local bridal shop for $230 regular price. The construction of that one was so much better than the DB dress. You really can find wonderful deals at local shops and they usually have reasonable alterations or will give you a reference to a good seamstress. I also saved money on DH's tux by renting it from the same place I bought my dress. They did the alterations (shorten the front) for $20 and even steamed and held the dress for me until 2 days before the wedding when we picked up the tuxedos. Definitely look at the local places, they truly are better and more helpful than the big retailers!