Christmas Decorations

diane175

I LOVE decorating for Christmas! We start on Thanksgiving day. This year I'm going to put up lights outside, whether DH wants to or not! LOL I seem to get more and more every year. It's all my mom's fault, that was her favorite season and she always went all out! My house isn't in the Griswold category---yet.:2cloud9:

we start nov. the first and our house looks like the airport when it is all lite up i love xmas too me and my daughter in law do inside and outside we are still buy stuff for the yard the family dollar store has arches that lite up if anyone needs one:holiday01 :holiday01

Awwwwwwwwwwww....

I want November to arrive!!!! I really wish I were up there, because you have a whole season since Halloween... Our season only starts in the end of November, because of Christmas and New Year's..

While I get excited about the deals, the rush to bring on the season in the stores drives me crazy. Chr-stmas Carols on October 1st? Noooo!!!!

No Marthat Stewart here! I decorate a lot in side, but the whole family joins in the fun. The kids help decorate the banisters, hang wreaths. By letting them help and not worry how great it is, it allows the kids to have fun and get into the spirit too!

I was kidding about Martha Stewart. I was teasing my hubby because outside he goes nuts. I agree with you, you should have the kids help. Since our baby was old enough to put the angel on the tree, that has been her job. Plus, I don't really go for the themed trees that alot of people do. Our tree is full of ornaments we have collected as a family. Everyone gets an ornament each year. I love opening them up and looking at them to see what they were into through out the years. We added three spongebobs last year. It makes it home for the holidays when you let them help.

Hubby on the other hand, well he takes it a little more serious. Men?;)

Consider yourselves lucky because my wife has acculamted 10 years of Dept 56 houses (I have to admit that I bought a good number of them:D ) and it now takes almost 3 pieces of plywood to setup and it fills my entire dining room. We have to do it in shifts because it takes almost 2 days to take every house and accessory out of the box. Then there is a day of deciding which houses should go where on the table (mind you if I was smarter I would draw a map one year to use!!). I usually do all of this thanksgiving weekend because after being up at 2AM on friday to go BF shopping I need to get back in the christmas spirit after dealing with all of the insane buttholes at Bestbuy, CC and TRU.

Anyway enough of me rambling in my first post...so Good Luck everybody with your BF shopping and christmas decorating!!!!! :D

We get our 'real' tree the first week in December then decorate it that Sunday as a family. We have Christmas music playing, decide which theme we will go with this year, and what colors to use for garlands. Then, the outside decorating is done, and then I get out the decorations for the rest of the house. I put out my Dickens collection,,,that is my favorite part of decorating my living room. I get a new piece each year for Christmas.

We always decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love christmas and I have a hard time waiting until that weekend to decorate - LOL

I collect Rudolph items from the Rankin and Bass special. I have some special Wooden Yard art that I put out. Rudolph and Sam the snowman inflatables and most of my tree is Rankin/Bass oranments : Rudolph, Santa Claus is coming to Town, Year Without a Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman and Little Drummer Boy. We watch the specials on DVD while we are decorating.

:holiday01:holiday02:holiday04:hert::holiday07:holiday13:holiday08

My area stores are already getting the christmas stuff out. I went to the Flower Factory the other day and they have all their christmas cards out and about 2 aisles of decorations.

I know! Doesn't it make you want to go home and just pull all the decorations out and get started??? :D

I used to like decorating, but now it seems too much of a hassle. My family does decorate though usually first weekend of December. We are the family though that keeps their lights up all year round.

With that being said, I'm always buying decorations. Usually after Christmas when its dirt cheap. That way we have new stuff the next year, but only a fraction of the price.

Guest Deals4Me

I want to decorate now, but if I even do it the week after thanksgiving, I have burnout by christmas, and want to take it all down and have my house back to normal. People with OCD basically drive themselves batty...and I compulsively clean...and want things tidy, or I get myself sick.

But I am happy that way...

I only have a Christmas tree, which I bought up there in Orlando, and when we assembled it, we just couldn't believe how big it was. At that time, there weren't big trees here, only those small table ones. The one I bought is 6 feet tall, and it was a sensation!!! LOL So in the first week of December, we put the tree up, and a garland for the door. Very few people have outdoor decoration here, only on the balconies (for the ones who have one). Nobody even has Christmas CDs to play at home. I used to have an album, but people here think it's kinda ridiculous to play Christmas songs at home. Only at stores and malls. We used to have hot chocolate, and the same kind of food you guys have up there. But as it's always boiling hot here at Christmas, many people actually felt sick for eating winter food in the hot Brazilian summer. So now we have tropical versions of typical Christmas food, like cold ham with peaches in syrup, or cold turkey salad. And, of course, ice-cream!!!!:banana01: