No longer price matching at walmart

brynnfromtheblock

I emailed Walmart last Wednesday and got a response back Saturday.

The following is the email I received:

" Thank you for your message.

Wal-Mart will match local competitor's ads for exact items (all things

identical, description, brand, etc.) Except: Gimmick Ads (Percents

off, buy one get one free, you must make additional purchases to receive a

discounted price, etc.)

Local competition is usually a radius area around a store and the store

manager and the district manager determine this.

If you are having problems with price matching, please contact your

local store management.

Thank you,

Customer Relations"

So according to the corporate office they do still do it and what distance they go to is up to the local management.

Hope this helps! ;)

No problem! :) I have become quite the letter writer these days since I can't seem to get answers from local stores. LOL I would definitely seek management on that issue too. Good luck and let me know what they say! I can always write another letter! LOL :rant:

I work for Wal-Mart, and they have always and will continue to price match local competition, except for gimicks like those listed above. If they give you any crap, ask for a manager, or call the district mangers number (usually listed @ the service desk or layway) or call 1-800-wal-mart

I had the WalMart annual report, found some quick facts that I thought you might want to know.

• There are 1,383 WalMart stores, 1,625 WalMart Supercenters, 543 SAM's Clubs, 76 WalMart Neighborhood Markets, and 1,533 WalMart International units.
  • WalMart serves more than 138 million customers weekly in the US and internationally.
  • More than 1.2 associates work for WalMart in the United States alone
  • There are 110 distribution centers

Guest Deals4Me
I asked my favorite manager, and I seriously thought he was gonna die laughing. He said it was a HUGE draw to walmart already awesome sales on BF. They would have to be MORONS to stop.

True. I never knew why Toys R Us stopped doing it. So many people were upset in line last year. Tons of them had the ads from other stores only to realize once they hit the door that it said NO PRICE MATCHING. Luckily I had already found that out on THIS site! Another reason to love GottaDeal!

Cool!! Couldn't email Walmart, as they ask for an American address on the website and, well, I still don't have one... Anyway, I think I'll go there and ask some days before, to avoid bad surprises on BF.:heks: If this price matching thing works, it's gonna be awesome, because on BF I can go to other stores early in the morning, and then go to Walmart to PM!

disneytati, keep in mind in order to PM at Wal-Mart, you have to be at W-M during the times stated in the competitors ads that the door busters are available. for some items, that may only be from 6:00 to 8:00 AM, etc...

Good to know, Pam!!! Thanks for one more advice!!!!!

My local WM would not price match during the blitz times. They would only pm the weekend ads. I wished they all had the same policy. But I guess is depends on the store management. And our employees and management are not friendly at all.

I don't know if all store policies are the same or not as stated earlier call the 1-800-wal-mart and ask. I also call the manager if I have any problems and I will tell them, " I can always shop at SO and So store, my money spends as good there as it does at walmart." and if I still get a bunch of BS I call the district manager or tell the manager in as nice way to have the district manager call me at his/her earliest conveince. I procede to tell the district manager all the BS that is going on in the store and that I will not be shopping there if things don't change. I can take my business elsewhere. They don't always know what is going on unless you tell them. If he or she is nasty I call the 800 number and complain.

You know if the district manager yelles at the manager than they are going to get onto the employees and things will eventually change or the regional (800 number) calls the district and he/she gets onto the manager -- it goes on down the line. WE, AS CONSUMERS DON'T NEED OR HAVE TO TAKE THE BS. IF IT WASN'T FOR US THEY WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB. We all have bad days, but don't take it out on me. Check it at the door. I have called Best Buy because of nasty employess - each time I went there for several visits and I got a nice gift card. I didn't go back there after I used it but it was nice. Too bad the employees weren't or management. Have a great - safe day.