Kmart Clearance-anyone gone this week???

1angelnhvn

My best guess would be Monday or Tuesday. From previous years, most Kmarts seem to go two full weekends at 50%, before taking the plunge to 75%. Since Christmas was on a Saturday this year, they only got 1 day of a weekend, and then one whole weekend (from this weekend), so they might hold out a while this week, but I'd be shocked if they don't go to 75% off before Friday.

My store in Mt Pleasant, SC was 75% off of decorations and gift wrap today (1/3/11). The kitchen, bath and dining linens were 60% still. And the food gift sets were only 50%. My store still had a lot of lights, tree skirts, decorations, ribbons, boxes, tags ect. I got a tree skirt that I have been watching for $5 today. Also bought some lights, ziploc bags, red saran wrap and Bounty napkins with a snowflake pattern.

My store in Mt Pleasant, SC was 75% off of decorations and gift wrap today (1/3/11). The kitchen, bath and dining linens were 60% still. And the food gift sets were only 50%. My store still had a lot of lights, tree skirts, decorations, ribbons, boxes, tags ect. I got a tree skirt that I have been watching for $5 today. Also bought some lights, ziploc bags, red saran wrap and Bounty napkins with a snowflake pattern.

Were the ziploc, saran wrap, and napkins ringing 75 off?

Went today but it is rather confusing. Some of the stuff was 75% off but alot was just 50% off. Had to scan everything. The Christmas decorator towels are very nice 9.99 down to 2.49. They had some Christmas womens turtle necks for 2.74. I think I did good. I hope you are all using the KMart/Sears card to scan. Last week I had over 30.00 worth of points so my stuff was free, just used the points. The clerk was telling me that very few people use the card. I feel that it only takes a minute to get out the reward card and since we use their pharmacy we build up points quite easily. Also have gotten register slips that on a purchase you give them the slip and the last one was for 1000 free points. Just dawned on me, Hope I don't get in trouble here for mentioning the reward card, if it is wrong - would a mod please delete it. Thanks

Were the ziploc, saran wrap, and napkins ringing 75 off?

No, only 50%, but there weren't many left and I needed them. The ziplocs were $1.64 each, the Bounty napkins 160ct were $1.74, the red Saran was $1.09. Also found battery operated 4 packs of tea lights for $1.24.

Went this morning. Still 50% here in Farmington, MI. I have been going every morning. Maybe I will stop in this afternoon and see if they have changed it as I went when they first opened after dropping the kids at school. Candy was only 35%.

Kmart's Christmas did go 75% yesterday. It includes all kitchen and bath decor. The food, candy and paper goods are only at 50%off. I would recommend scanning items if your store still says 50%off since it was an automatic activation and not done at store level. Our store had a lot left so have fun shopping.

Kmart's Christmas did go 75% yesterday. It includes all kitchen and bath decor. The food, candy and paper goods are only at 50%off. I would recommend scanning items if your store still says 50%off since it was an automatic activation and not done at store level. Our store had a lot left so have fun shopping.

Not sure about the automatic activation... I went to 2 stores today, one was signed and scanning 50% while the same items at the other store were ringing up 75%, so just scan to be sure!

Kmart was frustrating......holiday books, coloring books on aisles but scanning full price! I found some plate chargers that I wanted that were red with red/white candy can striping on the edges scanning FULL PRICE.. I did get a gorgeous set of radko red/green ornaments for $3.xx and some Wilton cookie icing in white and in red for 0.99 (big glue type bottle of it!) Decor was 75% and candy was 50% at my store...not anything worth going back in there for even if it drops to 90% (lots of lights and green garland....)

I asked the manager at my KMart (IL) why Target and WalMart were all running 75% off and theirs was only 50, he told me that "the higher up's were watching the numbers?" and when the store was told by the higher ups to run it then they could and they could only run what they were told to run. I told him that it was a shame because I had been to WalMart & Target and the stores were both crammed and their store, other than the few clerks was almost empty. Guess that is KMarts policy.

are kmarts holiday paper goods (ziploc, napkins etc) in the christmas section or in their normal areas. I know targets were in the christmas section so thought I'd ask before venturing out with 2 little ones tomorrow

I found the ziplocs tucked behind some toys near the Christmas as if someone changed their mind about them. The saran wrap and napkins were next to the other products in the regular aisles.

I did scan when I was there yesterday. It was ringing up 50%. I did not make it there this morning cause my older kids did not have school (building problem). I am going to go there when I take my son to preschool this afternoon.

Went yesterday and only wrapping paper items were 75% off in Woodhaven Michigan. Everything else still 50% off. No price scanners anywhere in the entire store. They had a ton of stuff but not interested unless it goes to 75% to 90%. This Kmart is kind of dirty and empty looking, I don't know how it stays in business.

I am so MAD I bought ornaments at 50% off and opened them alst night (red, green glass Radko ones) I am pretty sure they were USED and taken back...the glass on some of them looks filmy and on the back of one it looks burned...like it sat too close to a light on a tree (pefect shape of a light on a strand...) I am sure they are going to think I used them but my reciept shows I bought them After christmas...frustrating I hate returning things there!