Hobby Lobby 80% off Christmas

kathytheshopper

I went this morning and it was all 80% off. I got some wrapping paper, a tree skirt I've been looking at since September, some lights and some potted poinsettia centerpieces. I was shocked when I looked at the garland and some of it was still $10 after 80% off! They had a ton and most of the people there this morning were buying the cheaper plain green garland. I want some of the fancy garland but I'm not sure I'd be will to pay $5 for it at 90% off. Mine also had a lot of trees although they were in boxes without pictures and just had a typed description so I don't know if any of them are the ones I like or not. I asked a manager if He would let me look in the box to see which kind of "needle" they are and he said no. I just wanted to see if they were the garland/tinsel type or the molded plastic. I've been looking for one of the molded plastic type trees for a few years. Maybe they'll be more accommodating later in the week!

Their prices were still too high for me at 80%. I bought a tree topper and each of the kids got a little something. In total I spent $4 and change. I wanted a tree skirt but I didn't want to pay $12 for one since I already got one at Wal-Mart for $5. They still had aisles and aisles of stuff left though, so hopefully I can catch some stuff at 90%.

I stopped yesterday to see what they had left at 80% off. They had a ton of stuff left! I ended up getting a nice 7.5 foot pre-lit tree for $70 and a couple ornaments for .40! I was excited to find the tree since I'd had a hard time finding one with multi-colored lights! I can't imagaine anyone paying the $350 original price though!!!

Okay I just got back from HL because I didn't even think to go look and this thread had me wondering what I missed. The store here had 2 rows of stuff, a lot of which was individual ornaments and pine items (wreaths, garland, etc). I ended up with a 2 ft. talll tree in a burlap sack with bow (so cute, just want the other end of my fireplace needs from the 3 ft Nutcracker on the other side) and 2 gifts sets that contain a ceramic mug and spoon and a little coaster. Will be perfect for my two aunts who are cocoa lovers. Spend $10 bucks on all three items! YEAH!