Kohl's Return?

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question so please move me if I'm in the wrong place.

My aunt gave me a picture frame for Christmas that I don't need (I bought tons on BF). I looked on Kohls website to see if it was clearance because if it is, it's not worth the drive and I'd save it for a gift. But, it's regular price at $24.99. However, they are currently on sale at B1G1 Free. So, will the give me $24.99 store credit, or half? I don't have a receipt and I will offend her asking for one. I'm not trying to seem greedy or whatever but it's kind of a drive to get to Kohls and I'm trying to do a cost-benefit analysis of whether or not it's worth the drive. Thanks for any help.

It's not the sale price right now it's the lowest price from like 3 or 4 months that they use. So if at one time it was 60% off then you will get it for that price, if the lowest it ever went was 50% then that is the price you will get. I have seen picture frames go for a pretty good percentage off. Plus I have noticed the prices online are not always what are in the store. If it's a drive for you and you aren't going there to do other shopping then I would just save it and regift it.

HA! Kohls returns without a receipt are a joke. I took back a 13.99 candle that was given to me (as don't use candles) and only got 2.99+tax for it. Yet another reason I dislike that store.

Never again... It'll go in my yard sale next time.

If they only gave you $2.99 credit it was because the candle was on sale for $2.99 recently. I have never paid the sticker / ticket price on an item at kohls, with sales & coupons you can get most things there half off or more their marked price.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question so please move me if I'm in the wrong place.

My aunt gave me a picture frame for Christmas that I don't need (I bought tons on BF). I looked on Kohls website to see if it was clearance because if it is, it's not worth the drive and I'd save it for a gift. But, it's regular price at $24.99. However, they are currently on sale at B1G1 Free. So, will the give me $24.99 store credit, or half? I don't have a receipt and I will offend her asking for one. I'm not trying to seem greedy or whatever but it's kind of a drive to get to Kohls and I'm trying to do a cost-benefit analysis of whether or not it's worth the drive. Thanks for any help.

And if the candle was sold for a lower price anytime recently, you wouldn't even get the $12.49, you'd get less

You might be better off to keep it in your closet and then give it to a friend as a gift.

I understand why stores do this, but i don't always like it. I would be happier if they would give you a choice of exchanging it for the original price or returning it for the current selling price.

At kohls, you always have the option of doing an even exchange. If an item is originally 19.99, then you can even exchange it for another item that is 19.99 rather than returning it. Now if the item is clearanced, then they go by that clearance price. They really have one of the best return policies out there. Always ask your options if you are not sure.

just remember, if you don't have a receipt, they don't know what the original price is, yes it might be the $24.99 but we all get great bargains and this could of been one of those deals. The store doesn't know that from the item only from someone's receipt. I love the gift receipt that Target gives if you ask, that way you know that someone will get full value of the gift if they need to return

• 4 months later...