Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Lots of bedding (comforter sets, sheets, pillowcases, kids sets, piggy banks, kids stepstools, decorative pillows) at 75%. It was a jumbled mix of clearance, meaning lots of 75% under the 30% signs, so it might be worth looking closely.

Lots of towels and bath rugs at 75%.

Lots of rugs 75%.

Lots of other bath "stuff" 75%.

They were marking the dinnerware while I was there.

A couple random things on clearance in toys.. I really didn't expect to see anything new yet. There were 2 lego sets 50%... something star wars clone wars related and something else... can't remember.. just rare to see legos 50% here. Wish they were sets I was interested in.

Back to college stuff sill holding at 15%... strange? I really wanted a dorm fridge.

Brown dot 70%--- why does that extra 5% bother me so much? lol :)

Lots of bedding (comforter sets, sheets, pillowcases, kids sets, piggy banks, kids stepstools, decorative pillows) at 75%. It was a jumbled mix of clearance, meaning lots of 75% under the 30% signs, so it might be worth looking closely.

Lots of towels and bath rugs at 75%.

Lots of rugs 75%.

Lots of other bath "stuff" 75%.

They were marking the dinnerware while I was there.

A couple random things on clearance in toys.. I really didn't expect to see anything new yet. There were 2 lego sets 50%... something star wars clone wars related and something else... can't remember.. just rare to see legos 50% here. Wish they were sets I was interested in.

Back to college stuff sill holding at 15%... strange? I really wanted a dorm fridge.

Brown dot 70%--- why does that extra 5% bother me so much? lol :)

which kind of rugs, I was looking at the shaggy ones REI or something like that

my target had lots at 70% off- lots of jansports (doh! ) were 7.48 ish? the rugs were quite a steal, they were 75% it was the higher end ones they sell (the 399 ones were 149?) the 199 one was 47 somethng. they were the nice nubby ones with the flower pattern, maybe thomas obrien? towels and bath were 75% lots of the thomas obrien and fieldcrest luxury- obviously the colors are limited..picked up a few random beach towels because we always need them- at 1.75-2.48. No grills here, which is what i was really looking for, and not even one peice of outdoor furn. A very few random school supplies, some clearance mens polo shirts for 3.48, mens converse shorts 4.98. Very good shopping trip even tho i didnt find what i came for!

Went to Target yesterday and found a lone Massoni blk/wht zig zag dress in a small. Funny thing.....my daughter only liked that print. So I bought it for her. You would have to pay me to put zig zag on my body. Only if you are a bean pole like my teenager should be wearing that. I did like the look of the rose colored jacket with the flowers but they only had it in little kids sizes. I did find 75% off at one Target and the same items in Taylor at 70% off. Weird. So I bought them at the Woodhaven Target. Got a black full/queen bed set for $17.00 and an exercise ball for $2.98

Apart from bath rugs and bedding wh ppl have mentioned earlier .... found lots of bra's at 75%... was able to find some in my size tooo...wooo hooo...

also found a star wars Guess who at 75%.

Brown dot was 50%. BTS was 50% at one store and 75% at another ( wish i had time to look around there)

which kind of rugs, I was looking at the shaggy ones REI or something like that

My store had all kinds & sizes, small ones right up to the giant rolled up ones. Sorry, I don't remember the specific brands b/c I was just browsing wishing I actually needed a rug b/c there were some nice ones especially at that price. They were all mixed in with regular rugs at my store.

also found a star wars Guess who at 75%.

Guess Who Star Wars Edition was $4.48 (75% off). Use the Coupon.com coupon (still available on Hasbro) for $4 off a Guess Who game to get it for $0.48!

thx for the info... will take the coupon tomorrow.. hopefully they will accept it..:))

Missoni is a major Italian fashion brand, with their signature design being the zig zag. Their clothing pieces are mostly knitwear and expensive. Target has been teaming up with designers to create a specialty line for their stores (Like Liberty of London last year, Proenza-Schouler prior years) for a limited time.

Just the availability of accessible designer clothing is what drives the demand. My Target was sold out of everything. It's going on eBay for a lot more right now. The Target website crashed yesterday with everyone trying to buy their items. Seriously, if your store had stuff after 12pm, you were lucky. Some stores had lines starting at 5:30am.

Here in Fayetteville nc , plenty of stuff still there . I think it is way over priced for Target . I also think most of it is way to funky for me atleast the clothes .

bought tons of learning books and flash cards in brown spot at 70% section along with a few pairs of spider man and dinosaurs socks. found 2 great binders in school section 5.50 (2*1.5 inch) and 4.50 case its brand great for storing coupons and have shoulder straps perfect for taking into store from car and dumping in cart. Buy of the day 4* star wars guess who 4.48 have to go back to get $4 coupons taken off. Can't beat a christmas/bday gift for .48 :). Some Jansport bags at 7.48 and several younger kids bags as low as 2.48.

Missoni is a major Italian fashion brand, with their signature design being the zig zag. Their clothing pieces are mostly knitwear and expensive. Target has been teaming up with designers to create a specialty line for their stores (Like Liberty of London last year, Proenza-Schouler prior years) for a limited time.

Just the availability of accessible designer clothing is what drives the demand. My Target was sold out of everything. It's going on eBay for a lot more right now. The Target website crashed yesterday with everyone trying to buy their items. Seriously, if your store had stuff after 12pm, you were lucky. Some stores had lines starting at 5:30am.

Yep, it is a matter of taste and what you like. Loved Liberty of London, don't like Missoni at all. Funny to see them lined up again this morning hoping for more merchandise. Most were disappointed and complaining because they'd been told to expect more today. What I have seen I found ugly. Today they had more of the luggage. That might be worthwhile, though, as it would stand out more on the carousel at the airport!

Walked into Allen Park Target and lo and behold there was a bunch of Missoni stuff in size small for my teenager. Just walked over and got 2 dresses she liked and a skirt. Went into the hosiery isle just to check to see if there might be socks or tights and sure enough, there was matching stuff on the racks in the hosiery department. Even found a pair of shoes to match. I think people bought too much and are returning things. Just got lucky. Went there for pool items and sheets for college next year. Found those too at 75% off.:eek:

Walked into Allen Park Target and lo and behold there was a bunch of Missoni stuff in size small for my teenager. Just walked over and got 2 dresses she liked and a skirt. Went into the hosiery isle just to check to see if there might be socks or tights and sure enough, there was matching stuff on the racks in the hosiery department. Even found a pair of shoes to match. I think people bought too much and are returning things. Just got lucky. Went there for pool items and sheets for college next year. Found those too at 75% off.:eek:

They are still shipping more, so they might have restocked. But you are right about people overbuying. One of my cashier friends told me that the first day they had people spending over $2000 on stuff and the guest services gal had told her that a lot was already being returned. It looks like a lot (most) of the stuff listed on ebay is ending without selling.

### 085-01-0067 Holmes 16in Oscillating Stand fan $7.48 down from $29.99

Some fitness stuff was 75% but I didn't see much. There was a 10dvd 90 day workout thing(Not p90 or the x one) a few weigh packs, an exercise ball but I left my phone to take pics of dcpi and didn't have anything to wrote with.

Also, does anyone know if the triangle stuff went to 90% and the INF? I forgot to check scanner but at checkout it asked for price and lady put it full price so I told her to leave it. It was the water balloons and spongy material pool toys

Edited by tinkrbel

Usually the dollar spot goes directly from 75% to INF. When I find items that are INF there, I tell the cashier that I purchased some of the same item at another store, or a few days ago (which is usually the truth) and those colored dots (or whatever shape) were 75% off. (I try to tell them before they scan them.) As long as I get a cashier that knows how the dollar spot items get reduced, I usually have no trouble getting them for $0.25 each, a few times they've had to call a manager to approve, and most give the okay.

Brown Dot and Orange Triangle dollar spot stuff was 90% off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It all rang up $.10 for me...I got a TON of stuff for my daughter's upcoming pool party (birthday)...30 sand buckets, 10 packs of pool squishy balls, plus a bunch of books, stickers, flashcards and that kind of stuff. I spent less than $6 for a whole cart full of stuff!

This was at the Mission Target in KC...there was TONS and TONS left.

Brown Dot and Orange Triangle dollar spot stuff was 90% off today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It all rang up $.10 for me...I got a TON of stuff for my daughter's upcoming pool party (birthday)...30 sand buckets, 10 packs of pool squishy balls, plus a bunch of books, stickers, flashcards and that kind of stuff. I spent less than $6 for a whole cart full of stuff!

This was at the Mission Target in KC...there was TONS and TONS left.

I got so excited with your post, ran over to my Target - no joy here. Still at 70% off, and now they have the sign posted, so doubt they'll have much left soon, but may check again tomorrow to see. *sigh*

So I went to a Target that I don't normally go to since you have to pay for parking and they only had the brown dot at 70% off. So I checked my closest Target which I cleared out of items that I wanted already on Friday and it was still 70% off as well. I didn't check my favorite Target since it was DH's bday and he really didn't want to be going to Targets. Sad but... at least at the Target that I don't normally go to I did find a few brown dot items that I didn't see at the other Targets. I did get a step stool for our other bathroom for $0.75. Last time, I got it for $0.62. Urgh - darn 70% off. So lucky everyone with the 90% off. $0.10 would make me do the happy dance.

Weird that it seems like my store was the only one that went to 90% off. (The signs said 70% off, but everything rang $.10 or $.25 for the items that are normally $2.50). Maybe it was because this store was completely STOCKED with the stuff. The whole entire dollar spot area was full of the brown dot/orange triangle stuff. I bought 30 sand buckets and there were at least 4 times that left on the shelves. They may have just been desperate to get rid of the stuff. (This was Saturday so it had already been sitting there at 70% off for a couple of days).

Oh, and BTW...weird that they did 50-70-90 instead of the usual 75% off.

I have enjoyed the big clearance extravaganza but it's sad that it will get really quiet now until after Christmas. Other than the Halloween clearance which I always have a good time at. :)

So I went to a Target that I don't normally go to since you have to pay for parking and they only had the brown dot at 70% off. So I checked my closest Target which I cleared out of items that I wanted already on Friday and it was still 70% off as well. I didn't check my favorite Target since it was DH's bday and he really didn't want to be going to Targets. Sad but... at least at the Target that I don't normally go to I did find a few brown dot items that I didn't see at the other Targets. I did get a step stool for our other bathroom for $0.75. Last time, I got it for $0.62. Urgh - darn 70% off. So lucky everyone with the 90% off. $0.10 would make me do the happy dance.

I went back again to my Target yesterday, and brown dot was still 70% here too, BUT I read the dates on the sign this time, and it said 9-18 was the last day, so maybe 90% off today?! I'm going to try again as soon as I get the twins on the bus, and Dh to work (I hate only having one car). Hope there will be something left! They were shoving stuff around (but not packing it up!) to make space for new stuff last night.

Nope...at my Target right now, brown dots scanning INF, and orange triangles - full price!! WTH?!

They still had a lot of brow dot stuff last night, but must've cleared it out this morning - only found a few things, but as they probably won't give me 90% off, not going to bother. I needed something else, so at least I didn't waste a trip here.

Weird that it seems like my store was the only one that went to 90% off.

Oh, and BTW...weird that they did 50-70-90 instead of the usual 75% off.

I did see someone else in Kansas report that their store was 90% off and I think another person in somewhere in the midwest/northwest, and one person in NorCal said that they had 90% off. So I think there are other stores that did it. But I guess my lame stores in the city didn't :( :( I really really don't like the 70% off. Yuck yuck. It's like when our big ticket baby items only go to 55% off instead of possibly 75% off. Then again, I guess it never lasts in the store until 75% off so 55% off is better than 50% off.

BTS is pretty much completely cleared out of my stores. A few backpacks left but that's it. The shoe section was completely ransacked. It was crazy. I didn't even look at it... was anything on clearance there? I think it was just the regular shoes that people were buying. Bedding/bath is only 50% off here. I really want some bath rugs. My mom said her store (which is pfresh renovating currently) went 75% off several weeks ago. I need to replace our bath rugs soon. DD is almost fully PTed - just missing night so I don't want to replace until then (just in case!)

I have been watching the kids bedspreads and the tickets are strange. They say originally 64.99 clearance prices 32.00(can't remember exact) but on the big cardboard thing on the bedspread it says original price 59.99. Not sure what Targets thinking, but if it goes down to 16 I still want one.