Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

Update on the toys & the Legos. So I went to another Target and this one had a lot of Legos on clearance, however, none were Duplos. They did have the Megoblock version of the Thomas Train for 50% off and a few other megoblock sets but since I'm committed to Duplos, I passed. (one friend said that the quantity was terrible, and another friend said that it's great for her 1.5 yr old. It's easier than the Duplos that I got him for his bday).

In terms of the regular legos - a bunch of sets were 50% off - including Harry Potter (the larger set), City, TS3 and Kingdom sets. Some of them, Harry Potter (smaller sets), Racers, the City (airplane) were still at 30% off and some were still at 15% off depending. The one lonely Prince of Persia set was 70% off at $6.38. Yikes 70% off. :yuck: I grabbed one anyways since I've never seen the legos at 70 or 75% off before, so 70% is better than nothing. I feel like Legos are such highway robbery LOL - they are so expensive.

The rest of toys - were mostly 30% off, some were still 15%, some were 50% off. I didn't see anything at 75% off. Baby was largely still 30% off. :( The furniture and booster seats were 15% off. Furniture included, dresser, changing table, and cribs. The first time I've seen any real furniture on clearance. We usually only have baby gates, strollers and carseats. I didn't see any convertible carsets which is what I need. Has anyone seen any? Also - all the toddler & baby clothes were still 30% off. A few items were 50% off.

I found some toddler sneakers in size 5 (brown ones) for $4.24 (75% off) and a C9 woman's sneaker at $6.78 (75% off). Summer at this store was 50% off.

Other miscellaneous - Method Hand Soap - $1.49 (50%)... Olay body wash and Gillette Clinical deordant sets at 15% off.

Legos:

A few smaller sets (the ones normally under $10) half off. All the bigger ones were still 30 off. Quite a few new sets added to the mix today at between 15-50 off. The only big set on sale at 50 was Atlantis.

Baby looked to be mostly 30 off at one store. 15 at another. We scored a Britax Roundabout for $110.

Prices were all over the place in toys and baby both. I really expected more to be 50 off. A jump from 30 to 75 seems strange. But I guess not that uncommon with this sale.

does anyone know when the uniforms go on sale and if so, where I could get a coupon to use in addition. TIA

At my store, the uniform pants pretty much NEVER went on clearance. I watched them like a hawk all year long b/c I need them for my son and would have bought a few pair at 30% off even. But the only time I saw any marked down was at the end of the school year (around May) and then it was only one style and by time I saw them there was only size 4 and size 14 left. But my stores don't keep them in stock very well to begin with, so they probably only had those two sizes left to clearance.

At my stores they most definitely did not get marked down with the school supplies...full price year 'round!

Sorry!! But...that said...in closer to the fall last year Target put out a couple of $5 off a $25 or $30 kids clothing coupons that helped make a dent. Watch the Target website for new coupons...they usually put new ones up on Sundays.

If you're looking for bras and you have a Kohl's nearby, I would recommend checking there. They had literally like 8 racks of bras and other undergarments on clearance for 60-80% off. Most bras at mine were around $10. They seemed to have tons of every size, so you might have better luck.

Thanks for the advice! Yes I do have a Kohl's charge and got only a 20% in the mail this week, but is still better than a 15%. I'll still check Target, haven't done my weekly trip yet :P

At my store, the uniform pants pretty much NEVER went on clearance. .

School uniforms? In past years, they didn't mark them till September with the school supplies. SO glad not to have to do uniforms anymore....we changed schools and they can wear what they want.

Thank you.. I found some on landsend.com on sale under the clearance section.. :)

Update on the Toys:

Almost everything was at 50% off (with a few exceptions...notably most of the "summer" toy section was still 30% off). BUT...I saw a few things at 75% off already!

Interesting. Virtually NOTHING went to 50% much less 75% at our store. It's all still at 25% off. To bad b/c I would have purchased at 50% since I can't go for the next 2 Thursdays. :(

Toys holding at 30% - 50%

Shoes still 50% off with exception of a few Converse

Summer at 50% off. Picked up coated paper plates 60 count for 1.49 and napkins 400 count for 1.49.

Found a random badminton set for 75% off

###088030256 Oglo sport glo in the dark badminton set orig 14.99 now 3.74

Got the sharpie deal with coupon . . . thanks op

Anyone know what the markdown schedule is for summer? Hoping for 75%. TIA

Summer was 75% off in Gainesville, VA (NOVA)

002030393- Water bottle: 1.19

002030424- Lunch set (divided tupperware): .59

072040289 Sunbeam Snow Cone maker: 3.99

072041628: Sunbeam Snow Cone cups: .59

They also had an ice cream maker I had the last one but put it back it was 5.99

There were a couple things in toys for 75% off.

086080842 Furry Frenzy Play Set: 7.74 They had a TON of these. I'm sure that's why they marked them down already. There were also some Handy Manny toys 75% off.

I found summer stuff 75% off today and got a bunch of stuff. There was still quite a bit left at around 4:30pm. I got:

Metal table caddy (for silverware, napkins, plates) = $2.49

Drink stirrers = $.50

Large flexible frisbee = $1.24

2 different paddle sets = $1.24 each

Waterballs = $1.32

Hula hoops = $1.14

Silly putty = $.50

Some other foam type balls for $.74

There was tons of tableware, dish sets, pitchers, etc. but I told myself not to overspend just because it was 75%. It was all tempting, but for once I showed restraint!

Edited by sammypj

Anyone else see 75% off on the summer section today (Saturday)? I checked yesterday and it was just 50% off.

My store was 75. I went thursday and it was just marked 50% so 3 -4 day was right on time. I went aronud 1ish and lots of stuff gone but picked up alot of what I wanted. I got glad press and seal and large tubs .74, icee sryup .62, small cake plates .37, toewl 3.74, large blanket 3.74. Lots of both ice cream makers at 7.99 but I wouldn't make my own ice cream too lazy and cheaper to buy lol. Good luck eveyone.

Our summer items went down to 70% off today. My store is one of the ones that started out at 25% off. Our toys are all 25% off now so I wonder if they will only go down to 70% off instead of the typical 75% off. It's only 5%, but still...

is the summer stuff the same clearance area as the outdoor patio stuff or not necessarily? I saw some lovely loungers marked at $45 today and usually markdows for seasonal are on Sundays at our store so I'm wondering if tomorrow morning it'll be down. It looks like they were condensing summer stuff to an aisle.

It's been pretty much determined that the toy clearance will more than likely go 75% on the 28th (or perhaps the 21st in the some places) but I have a question about that. Do they usually have the toys at 75% when they open that morning or is this something that happens throughout the day as they mark things down.

I am trying to plan my day and maybe take the day off from work to hit the 2 or 3 targets in my area. Thanks for your help.

Also today I had an amazing find. I was just there on Thursday seeing what was on clearance that I might be interested in at 50 or 75% and see if maybe something had gotten marked earlier and I looked at everything including the teacup piplets Mommy & babies and they were regular price, today however I was walking down the isle and they had them marked clearance but when I looked closer they were marked $6.24 reg. 24.99, I end up getting 2 of each colors for my granddaughters for Christmas, if I can keep from giving them to them before hand.

They have to scan each individual item, so it depends on your store. I go to two different stores. One always has the markdown team there first thing, so they are usually DONE by 9:30 or so. The other store doesn't seem to START until 9:30 or so. My advice is if you don't know when your markdown team typically starts in the morning, stop by as early as you can and if they are not marking down yet or are just starting, you can either wait around (strategically place the items that you want at the front of their path) or come back mid-morning.

I think that the summer clearance is not as heavily shopped as the January clearance, so it may not make as much of a difference if you are there as soon as they mark down. (The January clearance gets noticed more b/c it's bigger and it's right after the holidays, when people EXPECT things to be clearanced). But, of course, it's always best to be the first one shopping! :)

Are all the zhu zhu pets on clearance or just the kung fu ones? Noticed that CVS had them 5 for $10 on their flyer today. I think I'm gonna go w/them instead if anyone sees the reg. zhu zhus on sale. Also, looking for the Buzz lightyear alphabet handheld toy. If anyone still sees it, please let me know. TIA

I'm looking for Vtech toys that "help" toddlers learn but I don't think they are going on clearance.

I saw a Vtech learning bus toy clearance stickered yesterday but it was only 30% off and it was misplaced so I'm not sure if there were more.

Also, the school uniforms are in ad this week polo's for $7, pants shorts and scooters for $11. I got some navy polos about a month back for 1.98 in the girls department when jeans were 2.48. Boys cherokee carpenter jeans are 6.48 and there's a $2 target coupon on site leaving at 4.48.

Also noticed quite a few news toys got marked down 30% over the weekend (either yesterday or today as they weren't friday afternoon). Strange! Tons of stuffed animals, more olivia stuff, infant toys, and some card games added.