Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2011

Brad

My store was 75% this am. just got home.. it has never gone this early nor on a wednesday before. I didn't get too much cause i'm stocked! all the train sets were gone, legos were only 50%. I did get a paul frank scooter, $14.XX, a dora doll house $19.XX, the small furniture packs to go with it. a big set of barbie furniture with a barbie, marked down to 14. XX, lots of dora dolls, red box toys and others left

Toys went 75% off at the store that always goes on Wednesdays. I was there at 9:30 and there was no activity, I got back at 11 and the shelves were almost bare. Courtsey of a very greedy couple who bought a pallet worth and 5 carts and was still shopping when I got there. They were pulling 4 and 5 of each item and loading up the 3 carts they still had. I'm sure I'll see all of it again on craigslist, ebay or the local flea market.

Went on Monday and was so excited when I found 4 Guiness's Bar sets and Two Miller Beer Tin Sets. Was so sad when I scanned them and they came up 0.00 and they wouldn't sell them to me. Banned Target! At least until tomorrow to check the toys. :D

The Babies R Us deal was great! I got Sketchers Twinkle Toes for my dd for 11.00!!!! :)

Went on Monday and was so excited when I found 4 Guiness's Bar sets and Two Miller Beer Tin Sets. Was so sad when I scanned them and they came up 0.00 and they wouldn't sell them to me. Banned Target! At least until tomorrow to check the toys. :D

The Babies R Us deal was great! I got Sketchers Twinkle Toes for my dd for 11.00!!!! :)

Great deal on the Sketchers! I never even thought to look at babies r us for them. Which Target was it that didn't let you buy the bar sets?

Great deal on the Sketchers! I never even thought to look at babies r us for them. Which Target was it that didn't let you buy the bar sets?

Center Rd in Burton, MI. I was so mad. They usually will sell them...

They will send them to Goodwill but Goodwill will mark them 9.99 because they always put 1/2 the price of the tags on them. :( Even at 50% of Sunday that isn't great. Oh well. I kept forgetting to look for those and when I did they were salvaged, my fault.

Center Rd in Burton, MI. I was so mad. They usually will sell them...

They will send them to Goodwill but Goodwill will mark them 9.99 because they always put 1/2 the price of the tags on them. :( Even at 50% of Sunday that isn't great. Oh well. I kept forgetting to look for those and when I did they were salvaged, my fault.

that is strange....they have let me do it tons of times. Speaking of Center Rd Target...the toy clearance selection there is pitiful:(

What is the best time to get there the day of the 75% off? Obviously the morning is probably best, but how do you know what is TOO early....you want to get there early enough to try getting what you want, but if you get there too early they might not have the stuff marked down yet.

Well since I'm 95% sure that they will get marked down tomorrow I will be there at 8:00 and stay until I pick up my son from preschool if I have to. On a good day I can spend an hour in the store just shopping so I'll wander around, maybe go grab some breakfast at Chick-fil-a (it's right in front of Target), wander some more. But usually they will have at least started marking down by 10:00am at the stores I go to.

What is the best time to get there the day of the 75% off? Obviously the morning is probably best, but how do you know what is TOO early....you want to get there early enough to try getting what you want, but if you get there too early they might not have the stuff marked down yet.

Im thinking it will be tomorrow as well since the july clearance was marked on a Thursday. I got REALLY lucky in July because I got there at 9am and she had just started marking down so I just put what I wanted in my cart and was planning to patiently wait and the woman marking down came over to me and told me that she would just mark them down so I didnt have to wait...Dont think i will get that lucky again..lol but I do plan to be there after I frop my daughter off at prek so Im hoping 10:15 is not too late this tiome around!

I would definatly hang out all day as well, just waiting for them to mark things down. I too can easily spend an hour just wondering the clearance isles....BUT we have more than one target in the area and I feel like I want to be at them all at once, which I cant do :-( haha.

The January Target toy clearance is one of my favorite sales but I'm feeling bummed this year. My boys are 8 and 11 and are oh-too-quickly growing out of wanting and playing with toys. Sigh. Maybe there will be a video game clearance, lol.

That's how I'm feeling too, I can't believe the day has come where I'm not stalking the toy clearance anymore.......so sad....:(

Stashing for the toy clearance isn't really the best technique, since they do have to actually scan the toys for the markdown to happen. If there is only one of a certain toy and you hide it, it won't get scanned and therefore won't be marked down. If there are 20 of that same toy, but you are still worried about getting it, you could hide one away, I guess, if you weren't going to be able to be there right away after the toys get marked.

I completely disagree. The markdown team only has to scan 1 of the item for the price to be changed. So long as there is at least 1 or 2 of any item (really any DPCI as some items come as assortments) on the shelf for them to scan, stashing works just as well for toys as any other clearance at Target. I do it almost every year.

Anyone see the Lego stuff go 75%?

I was told that the Legos will not go 75%, and I am inclined to believe it. Last year only a handful of the Lego sets did go all the way to 75%. Most were salvaged at 50%. Fortunately I had bought them at 50 and figured I would return them if they went down more, but they did not. Seems like some stores did take theirs all the way down and some stores took a few sets, but I guess if there is something you really want, you may want to do what I did last year and have it ready to return if they go lower. I went ahead and bought one set today at 50% that DS wanted for Christmas. His birthday isn't that far away.

that is strange....they have let me do it tons of times. Speaking of Center Rd Target...the toy clearance selection there is pitiful:(

I know, I think that too, I think I am going to Fenton tomorrow AM. Have you checked Miller Rds stock?

I think they said no because I asked the mark down team first and they alerted them up front?!?! I dunno. :(

I know, I think that too, I think I am going to Fenton tomorrow AM. Have you checked Miller Rds stock?

I think they said no because I asked the mark down team first and they alerted them up front?!?! I dunno. :(

Miller Rd is a little better than Center, but not by much. What are you hoping to get??

:mad:I'm so bummed!!! My Target is usually one of the last on this forum to mark anything down. I went in at noon to just see what all I might want to watch on the toys and most of them were gone! They went 75% this morning. I got 3 things. 2 Cars sets, not the ones I had wanted, and a craft set from the craft section. I can't believe it!!!! They never mark down on Weds for the after Christmas toys. So check your stores!!

My kids are also to old for toys but I still look forward to the toy clearance because I buy a lot of toys and keep them for the Christmas Tree Angel program and I also give to various churches. I get double the joy from it because I get to hunt for a deal and help someone at the same time.

You know, that's a really good point! We always do at least one Angel type program during the holidays so I'll definitely stash some stuff away for that.

I went to 3 Targets today and none of them were even close to 75% off. Most of the stuff was surprisingly still at 30%. I have noticed during the past toys clearances that it seems my stores are much slower with the mark downs. Not sure if it has anything to do with the cost of living here (ie., they keep them at 30% longer)...

For the person that was looking for the Vtech V.Reader. I saw a ton of them marked down to 30% off. I only saw it at one Target though. They were full price at the 2 stores.

This is especially for 1angellnhvn!!!! :D

I stopped by my Target this afternoon and saw that this had been marked down to 75% off and was ringing up at $32.xx It was the 10 in one hockey table set.

###091170058 Titan 10 in 1 Multi-game

Everything else toy-wise that I glanced at was still only at 30-50% off. Tomorrow must be the big day for the markdowns, I'm guessing.