Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

I went into my target today (dayton) and found desk lamps - halogen for $3.98 - -got one for my 5yo for his birthday (hey, it can't all be toys, right?) I also got a waterpik showerhead - the waterfall kind for $4.98; bought DH a pair of running shorts from Champion, the kind with the "inner underwear" for $6.98 and also noticed that the spiderman tent bed thing was back on the main shelves for $29.99 -- a week ago I bought two of them for $3.75/ea. Go figure...

Anyway, my strategy is to walk the store sideways -- from left to right starting at the back and working my way forward. I found most of the best clearance endcaps to be on the "facing away from the front doors" side of the aisles on the horizontal...but that's just me, and I'm a newbie to this perimeter perusing thing!;)

I just posted last night about the Spiderman tent. If it's the one that you bought on Clearance previously, then it's on the shelves at $29.99, but scans at INF ($0.00). I finally got one of these last night for free :D

I just got back for the Fort Wayne Target, and just Monday i got two of the spiderman tents for 7.48 and now today they are scanning 29.99.

But the deals i did find are:

American Idol board game for 8.74,

Tripe hit baseball 6.48,

air hog twin chopper 2.48

playschool shoot & score basketball 4.98

I tryed to get the girls jr golfset because it wasn't ringing up, but they said it would be 39.99. i told them it was suppose to be on clearance, but they said no.:(

I need two large planters for my front door, but they're all so expensive! Can you post a picture of the planters you bought? Are they ceramic?

Thanks!

I ran into Target on a short time limit and looked all over for the planters. I didn't find planters anywhere. The home dept. is very consolidated (just one isle).

Congrats on that find!

Is it the kind of domed one? (There's a picture of it linked a few pages back in this thread.) There are others that weren't marked down.

Well, there were 2 kinds... I never saw the picture of the domed one until today, and I'm not positive I saw the correct one. There was another Spiderman rectangular tent in addition... I think that one was $27.99.

Oh, well... I'll find another deal soon, thanks to this thread :)

Joanne

Just got back from target... They had 3 diffrent spiderman tents but they were all full price. I did get the basketball game for free. It rang up as 4.95 and had a $5 pull off coupon. They also had the fold up camping chairs marked down to $6 somthing.

Well, there were 2 kinds... I never saw the picture of the domed one until today, and I'm not positive I saw the correct one. There was another Spiderman rectangular tent in addition... I think that one was $27.99.

Oh, well... I'll find another deat soon, thanks to this thread :)

Joanne

Just keep checking. I checked the aisle every time I went (at least once a week) since they were posted as being at $7.48 or so, and just finally found them on the shelves last night.

Wow! Who knew! I never find anything, but I think Im just not looking hard enough. With 2 kids under 3 I tend to rush in and out of target as fast as possable. :cheesy:

I bought Luvs Diapers at Target several weeks ago and they were doing the $5 gift card with purchase. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

I think that was a one week offer-I stocked up! Our target did mark the huge boxes (156 ct. for size 4) down to $22 and there was a $3 coupon in the paper a few weeks ago-That makes for a pretty good buy on diapers!

After reading about it for so long, I decided the spiderman tents were too good to pass up and I went on the hunt for them. Checked two targets and no luck. They had the Spiderman Hideway which was $29.99 but not the clearanced one. My local target must think we're rich hear because it's so hard to find good clearance stuff.

I caught markdowns in electronics here today at one of our stores. Weird cause I thought electronics was mostly a Monday thing... although, I have seen Friday markdowns in electronics before I guess-- don't know why?? Anyway, there were a bunch of Memorex MP3 players for $10 (reg $40); Memorex Karoke machines for $20 (reg $80); an awesome Ihome under the cabinet unit for an ipod for $37 (reg $150); a Sony wireless transmitter unit for $25 (reg. $99); lots of HP photo printers for $37 (reg. $150). Nice Christmas shopping.

Also found some of those baby Bratz dolls for $1.24 (reg $5) and a tattoo machine for $3.74 (reg $15)-- which I think looks riduculous, but I've learned that if I think it looks stupid, my kids will think it is great!

That's about it. This time of year I mostly go box hunting at Target to prepare for shipping stuff out on ebay!

Just got back from Super Target in Lewisville Texas where they had 600 count sheets marked down to $14.98 each. I already had bought them at a sale price of $29 and they are fabulous - so soft and silky - wash up great. The help was also filling in the home decorating area (Smith & Hawkins) with lots more merchandise - it is marked down 30% but I bet it will go lower as they have so much.;)

Speaking of schedules, did anyone check out the items in The One Spot or See Spot Save department yesterday? Have they gone 50% off yet?

No, it was still regular price.

I did find Pantene shampoo & conditioner with 2 samples attached on clearance for $3.00 which isn't a great price, but I had a $4 off any 2 Pantene products coupon from the paper so I got 2 bottles for $2:) and they had some decaf Senseo pods expired and near expiring for 1/2 off & I used the $1 off coupon that came in the Senseo box:)

No, it was still regular price.

Maybe next Thursday then.

Posters on the AOL board are already asking for a Hallowe'en clearance schedule, so I c&p the Traditional Holiday Clearance Schedule from the Newbie Guide and projected dates from it. Please remember this is just conjecture based on the past...

If Target follows the regular seasonal schedule they have in the past, Hallowe'en clearance should be as follows:

Traditional Holiday clearance schedule

50% off day after holiday for three days - November 1st-3rd

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days - November 4th-6th

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days. November 7th (and possibly 8th)

YMMV

Maybe next Thursday then.

Posters on the AOL board are already asking for a Hallowe'en clearance schedule, so I c&p the Traditional Holiday Clearance Schedule from the Newbie Guide and projected dates from it. Please remember this is just conjecture based on the past...

If Target follows the regular seasonal schedule they have in the past, Hallowe'en clearance should be as follows:

Traditional Holiday clearance schedule

50% off day after holiday for three days - November 1st-3rd

75% off fourth day after holiday for three days - November 4th-6th

90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days. November 7th (and possibly 8th)

YMMV

Thanks for posting the schedule.

I'm wondering if the $1 stuff will go to .50 on monday and .25 on thurs too, my problem is that I have to work on wed, thurs and fri so I wouldn't be able to get there until later in the day on thus and may be too tired or just forget or what I want may be gone:(

Thanks for posting the schedule.

Welcome. :)

I'm wondering if the $1 stuff will go to .50 on monday and .25 on thurs too, my problem is that I have to work on wed, thurs and fri so I wouldn't be able to get there until later in the day on thus and may be too tired or just forget or what I want may be gone:(

No, I think you misunderstood me.

I have only ever seen The One Spot change clearance percentage on Thursdays, so I'm thinking it will go either 30% or 50% next Thursday, and then go down to the next markdown the folloing Thursdays...

Does it go to 30% sometimes? I have only seen it go to 50% and then 75% off but I only started watching it this year. I have noticed when it goes to clearance if you read the small print on the bottom of the signs sometimes it says it's on sale through a specific date and it's the next day that it goes on further clearance, so I know what day to go back & check again. Just for the one spot and holiday clearance, not regular clearance though.

Welcome. :)

No, I think you misunderstood me.

I have only ever seen The One Spot change clearance percentage on Thursdays, so I'm thinking it will go either 30% or 50% next Thursday, and then go down to the next markdown the folloing Thursdays...

Pam, one of the last times, I know it went 75% on a friday here. I'm not sure when it started, but i know the last markdown was a friday. I only remember because it seemed odd to me, lol. And I really hope this last round of holiday clearance isnt a glimpse into the future. All the stores sis it at diff times, most of which were ALOT longer between markdowns than the schedule says :( Maybe they realized people want stability from thier clearance! lol.

First, thanks for all the tips! I'm new to this, and I really appreciate all the information.

I was browsing through the local Target, now in a whole new way, when I found a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (the standard one) in white only, for $99.48!!! Just sitting on the shelf with a little red sticker on the box. I quick look through kitchen electronics noted ice cream makers (2 different styles) at 50% off as well.

Hope this helps someone. I LOVE my Kitchen Aid, wish I had bought it for such a low price!

Pam, one of the last times, I know it went 75% on a friday here. I'm not sure when it started, but i know the last markdown was a friday. I only remember because it seemed odd to me, lol.

IDK if The One Spot/See Spot Save is done via corporate like the seasonal markdowns. I do know that occasionally, for the departmental markdowns, that the markdown team at my Target can get as much as two days behind if softlines has a lot of items for them to mark down. So Hardware, for example, may not get marked down on Friday, but on Sunday.

Perhaps the markdown team at your store was a day behind that week? Or did the clearance signs say it was going to be marked down further on a Friday?

I noticed that when you check out at Target a coupon is being printed out along with your receipt now. Happened at 2 different Targets. One was $1 off 12pk Pepsi and the other one I got was $1 off oreo cookies. both exp 11-30-06

Anyway...maybe they'll be some good coupons coming along from Target ;)

I wish I could find that mixer. Our store had the sign but none left in stock. My husband checked for me at the Target near his work and my son checked the one near where he lives. What a couple of great guys!!

Today I found the Rival Seal-a-Meal, reg. 39.99, on clearance for 19.99. Also tried to pick up another Spiderman Tent but it rang up at 29.99 now. They must have caught on.

First let me say that I am still new here and I hope that I have posted this in the right place. If not I am so sorry.

My Target (Howell NJ) has the pocket pack of shout wipes on clearance for .63, for anyone who has it the manufacturer's coupon for them is for .75/off 1. Hope this helps.

Scored a pack in NJ today but I didn't use the coupon. Thanks comm402

I finally got a deal of my own:D I found Zone protein bars marked down to $.67 each and I used a coupon for $1 off of one. Too bad I only had one coupon on me :rolleyes: . They'll be a next time.