Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

At my Target they also have the forearm & fist covers,chest plate for the same prices. All the Superman items were 4.98 after coupon.

Great for that little super hero!

They weren't marked down yet at my store - I checked!:( They were doing a ton of markdowns while I was there and it looked like they were rearranging the toy section - maybe going to clearance quite a bit!!:D

I was just at my local target ,(yes again) and they had some great toy prices. I got two Cabbage patch dogs for $3.57 , a wooden toy that you match shapes and colors reduced for $24.99 to $6.48 and the best deal of all the groom Ken doll for $2.48.

Ooh, I hope mine has marked the dogs and Ken doll down again! I've been watching the dogs, but they stayed at 7.48 or so, and I saw the Ken doll the other day for $4.99 or whatever it was.

Finds:

Playskool Dance along MP3 player

Includes 100 songs for ages 3+

75% off- $4.24

Playskool Flip and play cell phone

Ages 2+

75% off- $2.48

Play wonder brand "Pop up Pet Condo"

33"x12"x12"

75% off- $4.48

I also bought sheets 75% etc. But the rest has already been posted. Oh, lot's of cute girls room decorations for 50% off now.:)

I found GE indoor and outdoor floodlights for 75% off. Also got huge planters -regularly 59.99 for 14.99. :D Awesome!!!

I love perimeter perusing and this board!!

Judi

South Florida

I need two large planters for my front door, but they're all so expensive! Can you post a picture of the planters you bought? Are they ceramic?

Thanks!

Longtime lurker here... and hardcore red tag junkie. I get the sweats if I go more than 2 days without checking for red tags. I got the bluetooth headset for 14.99 after humping it to 3 different targets.

I have a question for the posters in the Cumming/Alpharetta, GA area... Do the 3 targets in this area have ANY method to the madness? I've seen stuff go on clearance then back off or clearance at 1 store and take weeks for it to go clearance at another store. I've also seen stuff go from regular price to 50 and 75 faster than you can say red card (I'm still mad about not getting stuff I wanted).

WOW !! I got the greatest deal tonight !!!! The Telestory Interactive Storybook System for $8.74 marked down from $34.99 !!! I was looking at these in Toys R Us 2 days ago and almost bought one at full price but decided to wait until I had my coupon with me. Talk about luck !

Are all the things you are finding are they usually at the end of the aisle where clearance things usually are? Because you are always finding great stuff and i can't find anything.

I did get the Cabbage Patch Puppy for 3.74 tonight. But none of the Superman stuff you were talking about was marked down.

I just got back from Target a couple of hours ago and scored the following:

2 Handsome Groom Ken Dolls - $2.48 each

2 boxes of Pick-up Sticks - $0.48 each

1 Spiderman Ready Bed Tent (they finally had it on the shelves! the shelf said $29.99 but it scanned at $0.00 so I brought it to the register to see if they'd give it to me, and how much I could get it for... the cashier didn't see it ring up $0.00, so I got it for free :D) - $0.00

Used the $5 gift card I got from the Pepsi deal a couple of weeks ago, so I got 5 presents for $0.92 (plus tax) :D :D :D

-----

My sister got my niece one of those carnival-style games off clearance, originally $19.99 for $4.98. You pop the balloons with it. We got it home, and it requires AA batteries (no big deal), but it also requires special batteries for the laser gun that you need to play it, which are not included, for anyone who purchased one or plans on it.

I just got back from Target a couple of hours ago and scored the following:

2 Handsome Groom Ken Dolls - $2.48 each

2 boxes of Pick-up Sticks - $0.48 each

1 Spiderman Ready Bed Tent (they finally had it on the shelves! the shelf said $29.99 but it scanned at $0.00 so I brought it to the register to see if they'd give it to me, and how much I could get it for... the cashier didn't see it ring up $0.00, so I got it for free :D) - $0.00

Used the $5 gift card I got from the Pepsi deal a couple of weeks ago, so I got 5 presents for $0.92 (plus tax) :D :D :D

-----

My sister got my niece one of those carnival-style games off clearance, originally $19.99 for $4.98. You pop the balloons with it. We got it home, and it requires AA batteries (no big deal), but it also requires special batteries for the laser gun that you need to play it, which are not included, for anyone who purchased one or plans on it.

I purchased that carnival toy too, sucked when we got it home and my son wanted to play with it and I didn't have any of those little watch batteries for it. :no:

I purchased that carnival toy too, sucked when we got it home and my son wanted to play with it and I didn't have any of those little watch batteries for it. :no:

Yeah, my niece was all excited to play with it. My sister checked the box and didn't see anything on the outside that said anything about the batteries.

Are all the things you are finding are they usually at the end of the aisle where clearance things usually are?

The endcaps usually or glance down the aisles and look for the red circle flaps marked 'Clearance.' Today I found a Bratz Rock Angelz Guitar that hooks up to the tv for 6.24 marked down from 24.99! There were plenty there and it wasn't in the Bratz section. Got another Christmas gift out of the way!

Where was the Bratz guitar located at?

My Target had the guitar and tons of other clearance toys right on the main aisle near housewares opposite the market pantry (?) section.

I also got 5 Chicken Socks Pop Bead Critter books for 3.23 from 12.95.

Are all the things you are finding are they usually at the end of the aisle where clearance things usually are? Because you are always finding great stuff and i can't find anything.

Generally, the easiest clearance to find is the stuff that is marked an placed on the end caps. But it is also usually the first to go.

Part of the rush of perimeter perusing is finding a 'hidden deal,' and being the first to post about it on the message boards. The way to do this is to follow rule one of the ~*~*~Newbie Guide~*~*~, SCAN EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you are interested in. The best deals are the ones in their normal spot on the shelf with no red tags or any indication of being on clearance.

Some of the tricks I use to find deals are:

Any toys tied into a movie, especially a movie series like Pirates of the Carribean. If the movie has left the theaters, start scanning those items

about a month later.

If a movie themed item is popular, for instance some of the Harry Potter lego sets, it may remain full price until the next movie in the series is released.

Stalk seasonal items in departments that aren't part of the main seasonal line. For instance, every year Target puts out a summer line of merchandise they name along the lines of I Scream for Summer or Red, Hot & Cool, or some such. These we know from previous experience will start being clearanced around Independence Day.

But, there were these terrific picnic basket sets by Eddie Bauer in the Sporting Goods department over the summer. They were not part of the main summer seasonal line. At my Target, they started going clearance around Labor Day, but they were not red tagged. But, I was given a heads up on them going clearance on message boards like this, and I started stalking them.

Unfortunately, since I wanted to buy 12 of them at 75% off for end-of-the-year school gifts for Beorn's school, I missed out on them because whomever my competition for clearance deals at my Target is decided to buy them out at 50% off. Ah well...

Also, some items in certain departments seem to go clearance at the same time every year. This is something I'm just learning. But Domestics seems to put sheets and such on clearance twice a year, around March and October. Lawn and Garden seems to clear out bar-be-cues (at least at my Target here in Florida) in March. However, patio sets and fire bowls, as well as some bar-be-cues, also seem to start clearancing around Independence Day. Hardware appears to clearance out hand tools in September.

This next year I want to do a better job of recording which department goes clearance when.

Speaking of schedules, did anyone check out the items in The One Spot or See Spot Save department yesterday? Have they gone 50% off yet?

Wow! Who knew! I never find anything, but I think Im just not looking hard enough. With 2 kids under 3 I tend to rush in and out of target as fast as possable. :cheesy:

I bought Luvs Diapers at Target several weeks ago and they were doing the $5 gift card with purchase. Does anyone know if they are still doing this?

I have a question for the posters in the Cumming/Alpharetta, GA area... Do the 3 targets in this area have ANY method to the madness? I've seen stuff go on clearance then back off or clearance at 1 store and take weeks for it to go clearance at another store. I've also seen stuff go from regular price to 50 and 75 faster than you can say red card (I'm still mad about not getting stuff I wanted).

I can tell you that the ALpharetta Target is in a different region than the cumming Target. I have noticed that, and seen things on sale at Alpharetta, and go to Cumming to get it (live in Dawsonville) and they will not be on sale there. It was explained to me once that its a diff region, even has diff ads alot of times. It varies as to which stores mark down 1st though. The target on exit 13 seems to be the last, so thats usually my "last hope Obi wan" store. If you are in the area, have you also checked the Roswell Super target or Buford Target? I go to them all on a regular basis, lol. Any help you need, lemme know :)

I went into my target today (dayton) and found desk lamps - halogen for $3.98 - -got one for my 5yo for his birthday (hey, it can't all be toys, right?) I also got a waterpik showerhead - the waterfall kind for $4.98; bought DH a pair of running shorts from Champion, the kind with the "inner underwear" for $6.98 and also noticed that the spiderman tent bed thing was back on the main shelves for $29.99 -- a week ago I bought two of them for $3.75/ea. Go figure...

Anyway, my strategy is to walk the store sideways -- from left to right starting at the back and working my way forward. I found most of the best clearance endcaps to be on the "facing away from the front doors" side of the aisles on the horizontal...but that's just me, and I'm a newbie to this perimeter perusing thing!;)