What is your worst/best black friday story

Guest Frieked

Guest Frieked

What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you on black friday?

What is the best deal you've ever gotten on black friday?

The worst thing ever was when I walked into a Walmart and there was an ambulance bed with a mother holding her newborn who had been knocked from the carriage in her baby seat to the floor in the mad rush to get in. I hope everyone that day who witnessed that horrible event will be much more caring rather than so focused on getting the best deal. A life is worth much more than that 10 dollar savings. :yup:

All the deals are the best!!!!!!!!!:g_laughin

Nothing bad has happened to me. As I said in another BF thread though, I have witnessed fist fights and some jackass snatched a video game out of a kids hands and tried to purchase it.

One of my best BF moments happened a few years back. BestBuy had some pretty decent stuff on sale. Ads were out week before so I went in and bought everything I wanted. I stroll into BB ~10am (4 hours after they opened). The line to check out, started to your right once you entered the store and went around the entire sales floor and back to the checkouts that were on your left as you entered. There were a good few hundred people waiting to buy things. I walk up to the front counter, there are maybe 5 people in front of me. My turn, bust out my receipts and get my adjustments made and my rebates. In & out in 20 mins. :D

It didn't happen to me but my sil. At Menard's they were selling lava lamps for 4.88. That was a really great deal so when they finally opened the door everyone was of course trying to get to them. We found them and some lady actually knocked one over and it landed on my sil's head. She had a nice bump there for awhile. I just shouted, "How rude?".

Nothing like that has happened to me.

My best was actually on T-giving day several years ago. I got to Kmart parking lot about 4 am and was the first there. I went up to the door and waited my 2 hours as people started to dwindle in to get in line. I was there for one thing - the Gameboy Color - and that was it. Well, about 30 minutes to open the employees came out and started to hand out tickets for limited items. Once they announced they had only like 10 or 15 gameboys, everyone started to shove in to get their ticket. I was panicked! This was all my son really wanted that year! As they handed out the tickets I thought my chance was gone, but this woman whom I had been talking to in line, raised up for a ticket and got it. She turned back to me and said "Merry Christmas". I was so grateful that I helped her get the two toy items she was there for, for her children. We need more people like that on BF! BTW the gameboy made my son's Christmas! :D

My best was actually on T-giving day several years ago. I got to Kmart parking lot about 4 am and was the first there. I went up to the door and waited my 2 hours as people started to dwindle in to get in line. I was there for one thing - the Gameboy Color - and that was it. Well, about 30 minutes to open the employees came out and started to hand out tickets for limited items. Once they announced they had only like 10 or 15 gameboys, everyone started to shove in to get their ticket. I was panicked! This was all my son really wanted that year! As they handed out the tickets I thought my chance was gone, but this woman whom I had been talking to in line, raised up for a ticket and got it. She turned back to me and said "Merry Christmas". I was so grateful that I helped her get the two toy items she was there for, for her children. We need more people like that on BF! BTW the gameboy made my son's Christmas! :D

Nice, that is a heart warming story.

I have done that myself. When the Fur-real cats were huge and limited supplies everywhere, KB Toys had them for $20. I was first in line with my parents (yes they both showed up to check out BF!) They were just there to browse and experience, but a lady whom I used to work with 3 yrs ago wanted a Cat. She is the sweetest lady.I know she didn't have a lot of money, but shes the kind of mom who would do with out so her kids would have a good christmas. My husband gets bonus checks and we had just got it. When I told my parents that, we agreed to get an extra ticket for a cat. (She was at least 40 people back). KB told us there was only 25 cats available. As my daughter played with hers, I knew her tastes. AFter checking out (I paid for the second cat) I surprised her with the cat as I was leaving. She tried to pay me, but I couldn't allow it. It really felt great to help her out as she used to babysit for me when I was in a jam.

I have done that myself. When the Fur-real cats were huge and limited supplies everywhere, KB Toys had them for $20. I was first in line with my parents (yes they both showed up to check out BF!) They were just there to browse and experience, but a lady whom I used to work with 3 yrs ago wanted a Cat. She is the sweetest lady.I know she didn't have a lot of money, but shes the kind of mom who would do with out so her kids would have a good christmas. My husband gets bonus checks and we had just got it. When I told my parents that, we agreed to get an extra ticket for a cat. (She was at least 40 people back). KB told us there was only 25 cats available. As my daughter played with hers, I knew her tastes. AFter checking out (I paid for the second cat) I surprised her with the cat as I was leaving. She tried to pay me, but I couldn't allow it. It really felt great to help her out as she used to babysit for me when I was in a jam.

That's really wonderful of you to do! I wish more people were like that at the stores. ;) It's always great to hear of people helping each other (especialy on BF)!

The Target closest to me has two doors - one outside the mall and one inside. I was probably 5th in line and had been standing out in the freezing cold for over an hour. The employees stated they would NOT be opening the doors on the inside. About 10 minutes before they were supposed to open people came up and stood in line on the inside of the mall, and wouldn't you know it, they opened those doors first. I thought for sure I was going to get trampled to death. People were pounding on the doors and screaming. Of course, the item I wanted was gone by the time I got in, and I was very frustrated by that. I learned my lesson - I don't go back to that Target again for BF.

they do this at walmart here too...always say wont open side doors but go to them first thing and open up and ever rushes to them...grrrr...I help people in all the time...let them in front of me and stuff...I feel embarrassed if I dont let them in...lol

My worst BF was prob. when I was pregnant with DS#2-I was huge, miserable, and hungry (we didn't have time to stop for breakfast). I actually got out of line at JcPenney (yes, without my free snow globe) and went to the food court to chow down on some hot cakes and bacon! I was so tired and sick the whole day-it is definately not something you want to do pregnant!

I am a legend at the Radio SHack near me. Two years ago I had just left EWalmarts - it must have been 6am and as I was driving by, I noticed that Radio Shack's lights were on and a man was outside - so I parked and went in - got a basket and filled it completely up (the man had walked away for a second) he came back and told me the store wasnt open until 7am. I commented the door was open and the lights were on and you saw me enter. If you won't let me pay for the stuff I will just wait with my basket until you are ready. Well that nice man had forgotten to lock the door when he came in, and people saw us talking so by 6:15 he had about 25 people in the store (that wasnt supposed to open for 45 more minutes picking out their stuff) Needless to say he let me (and everyone else) buy the stuff - and hasnt forgotten me either LOL

LOL!! That's a great story! I think I'd be too embarrassed ever to go back there again.

Actually all of my experiences on BF have been great, so I don't have any good horror stories to share. Which I guess I'm glad about. Outside of getting bumped with a few carts, everyone has been pretty nice. I think partly because I've done all of my BF shopping in Wichita KS where my family lives. We used to live in Chicago and I always shuddered to think what it would have been like going out on BF there.

I am a legend at the Radio SHack near me. Two years ago I had just left EWalmarts - it must have been 6am and as I was driving by, I noticed that Radio Shack's lights were on and a man was outside - so I parked and went in - got a basket and filled it completely up (the man had walked away for a second) he came back and told me the store wasnt open until 7am. I commented the door was open and the lights were on and you saw me enter. If you won't let me pay for the stuff I will just wait with my basket until you are ready. Well that nice man had forgotten to lock the door when he came in, and people saw us talking so by 6:15 he had about 25 people in the store (that wasnt supposed to open for 45 more minutes picking out their stuff) Needless to say he let me (and everyone else) buy the stuff - and hasnt forgotten me either LOL

:tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1:

One of my worst had nothing to do with the stores themselves. About 4 yrs ago, I set my alarm and get up around 1am. (I get in line around 2 am as they are tons of die hard shoppers around here). Anyway, I get dressed and put on my winter coat. When I opened the door, I was so upset. Snow on the ground and coming down pretty good and slight sleet. Miserable weather and freezing! I hated staying out in that weather that year. I pray weather is ok this year.

Last year was the first year I went BF shopping with my mother, I was only shopping for my 3yr old daughter and mother kept telling me, don't buy this, she don't need that, blah blah blah. All I could think of is seeing my daughter's face light up on Christmas morning. (But I think I went a little over board)

I told my mother that this year we would be doing the same thing, only we would be bringing alone some more people.

The only thing I hated was the rude people; say excuse me when you ram your cart on my heels, say thank you to the cashiers too.

My worst Black Friday turned out to be my best. One year, my oldest sister decided she wanted to go shopping with me. BIG MISTAKE! She took so long to get dressed that we didn't get to Walmart until 5:25 AM. The line was the length of the building and going across the parking lot. She had left my ads on the counter, after having taken them out of my bag without telling me the night before, to see what was on sale--along with my shopping list. After struggling to find a parking space, I told her I was going to try to get a sales ad from someone, while she headed towards the end of the line. I made it to the fourth person in line, who had a sales ad and offered to let me look at it as long as I stayed there with it. Moments later the police showed up because people were cutting the line as the doors were about to open. The woman with the ad told the police I was her sister and they let me stay, so I went in ahead of the crowd and was able to get more than what I had intended to get and proceed to the layaway line. Once on line, my "sister" from the line showed up and we took turns going back for things. I was able to trade some of the excess game boys that I had grabbed to move up on the line to get out faster. I made it up far enough to get the complimentary hot chocolate and cookies they were serving in layaway that day. As I was leaving, I found my real sister waiting at the exit and she said she'd NEVER go shopping on Black Friday again. We then went across the street where I dropped her off at Kohls while I went to Target. She got everything she had wanted from Kohls plus some other deals and I got everything I had wanted from Target. She says now that she will go with me and wait for me to get on line before she enters the store, because it scared her the way people were rushing and pushing. An old woman got trampled at the Walmart that year as my sister was going in and I think that was what upset her the most. The woman lived, though, but just had a few footprints here and there.

Last year I had a great experience at Macys. Great deals, with a 50% off coupon from the newspaper. Somehow I misplaced the coupon but the sales person gave it to me anyhow and wished me a Merry Christmas. It was a really nice moment, especially with all of the nastiness you can see on Black Friday from people.