Very Disappointed with online shopping this year...

It might just be me (my luck is never good) but it seems that there are many store this year that are advertising merchandise that they do not have in stock. I can understand things selling out but I have put things in my cart and then found out it is out of stock. I have even checked out and then gotten an email a couple days after my order to say that my order has been canceled because they are out of stock.

One store was sold out of an item before Thanksgiving but still had it on sale CM and showed it available until you tried to check out.

With all the technology out there you would think that if they have 10, once 10 have been ordered, the item would show no longer available.

It is just frustrating that I think I'm done shopping only to find out I not....

Anyone else having the same luck?

I am also disappointed with their stock, it's not just on hot toys, it's on most items on my list. If I do find it, the shipping is equivalent to the actual product or very close to. I'm not a big fan of the free shipping when you reach a certain dollar amount either. If my cart is $24, I don't want to surf the site looking for things I don't need or want so that I can get free shipping.

I have been very happy and not one item was out of stock. I bought most of my stuff online, from Amazon. A few things from Sears. I think a lot of it is that the doorbusters were online days ahead of time. I bought my Sears doorbuster tv the sunday before at less than the doorbuster price. I preordered my DSi bundle from amazon 3 days before and it is now no longer available. I think more people are buying online.

I primarily ordered from amazon, so I have not had a problem with items being out of stock after I have placed my order. That does stink that you place an order, and then find out 2 days later that the item is out of stock. Their ordering system obviously needs some updating! I have encountered other merchants that allow me to put an item in my cart, only to find out at checkout that it is out of stock. When I look back on the website, that same item still shows it's available for sale. That should not be happening. If it's OOS, you should not be able to put the item in your cart! I remember that people had trouble in the past with Wal Mart and Best Buy cancelling their orders after they thought they had nabbed a great deal. I did order something from Wal Mart, and I got it yesterday.

I order 99.99% of my gift buying online and the only disappointment I had was with Target.com. We ordered 3 TV's for my mom. Order went through and we got an email on Thanksgiving telling us they were cancelling the order because they were out of stock. A cooperation as large as Target should have better online inventory IMO. AND I also think they should have offered a comparable model for a comparable price to people they cancelled. (they had same model in WHITE...)

Just make a list of companies that were unreliable and don't use them. Target.com is #1 on my list. Hadn't really had any other issues with anyone else.

I order 99.99% of my gift buying online and the only disappointment I had was with Target.com. We ordered 3 TV's for my mom. Order went through and we got an email on Thanksgiving telling us they were cancelling the order because they were out of stock. A cooperation as large as Target should have better online inventory IMO. AND I also think they should have offered a comparable model for a comparable price to people they cancelled. (they had same model in WHITE...)

Just make a list of companies that were unreliable and don't use them. Target.com is #1 on my list. Hadn't really had any other issues with anyone else.

I agree, Target was a pain this year, you either have the stock and its accounted for in your inventory or you don't, then don't sell it. My beef was the Lord of the Rings DVD set, if it was a price mistake (of course they say they sold out, then why didn't it say so, it did later on in the morning), why didn't you catch it before it hit the printers, what no editing of your ads? I am quessing people who bought from the store got the price? But other than that, just bought DVD's and some games

WHAT I'd think that an Ipod Touch would be something they could get....there is no excuse for that!! Especially since they are showing instock online right now...they just cannot get stock to cover the cheaper price or what :mad: So Sorry! I'd be steaming since you could have been working the BF/Cyber Monday deals to get another one had you known! Don't bother calling...they are no help. Edited by mom2monkiesx3

WHAT I'd think that an Ipod Touch would be something they could get....there is no excuse for that!! Especially since they are showing instock online right now...they just cannot get stock to cover the cheaper price or what :mad: So Sorry! I'd be steaming since you could have been working the BF/Cyber Monday deals to get another one had you known! Don't bother calling...they are no help.

Mom2monkies EXACTLY! I could have shopped around on Black Friday when EVERYONE seem to have the 8GB Touch with some sort of Gift Card. In fact I was 2nd in the Ipod Touch line at Walmart. They had it with the $50 GC. My husband called at 3am to say Target Online had it for $199. I told him to go ahead and purchase it since it was only $25 more than Walmart. Walmarts price was $175 figuring the $50 GC in. I then left that line to go to the HP laptop line thinking we had it...If I had of known they would cancel I would have stayed as I wanted the Ipod Touch much more than the HP laptop....You are right about calling. It was useless. I got someone from another Country who couldnt even understand me. She just said they couldn't ship until 1/17. They are showing in stock online..I hope people get some sort of message when they checkout. Because I was assured they didn't have it. Maybe I will try calling again..If not I will just get it at Amazon...Where I know I will get it.

Sometimes things happen for a reason.

I was able to get the 32GB 4th generation instore for about $212 + tax....Only $20 more than the 8GB. Lesson learned. Don't purchase such an important gift online..When the order date can be pushed back or canceled.

Edited by savvybuys

Sometimes things happen for a reason.

I was able to get the 32GB 4th generation instore for about $212 + tax....Only $20 more than the 8GB. Lesson learned. Don't purchase such an important gift online..When the order date can be pushed back or canceled.

How did you get it so cheap??? I ordered one from Amazon on 11/25 was supposed to arrive 11/30 with Prime shipping. As of Today, 12/2, it STILL has NOT shipped!!! I have called SEVERAL times and cannot get a straight answer from them as to WHY???? They just give me some BS answer and promise it will ship the next day and it NEVER DOES!!!

Just received an email from Target saying they were canceling my IPOD Touch order. Target had it for $199.00 on black Friday...It was the only thing my daughter asked for. :(

Did you see this on Ebay yesterday for 194.99 free shipping? It's all gone now, but I hope you got one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p1468660.m2000036&item=280596766322&nma=true&rt=nc&si=IVS%252FPvSiTG%252Ffi1SXVJgzlWmzLL4%253D

I got one for myself on Amazon on Black Friday. It was 199 + a $25 gift certificate.

This happens to me constantly on jcp website. I spend a good amount of time deciding, ordering and when I finally go checkout, many things are out of stock, discontinued or backordered. That makes me so mad - the items should NOT be available to put into a cart unless they have them to to ship. Most items I get there go together (like bedding sets, home decor or a complete outfit) so it's moot if 1 or 2 things aren't available.

How did you get it so cheap??? I ordered one from Amazon on 11/25 was supposed to arrive 11/30 with Prime shipping. As of Today, 12/2, it STILL has NOT shipped!!! I have called SEVERAL times and cannot get a straight answer from them as to WHY???? They just give me some BS answer and promise it will ship the next day and it NEVER DOES!!!

I ordered one on the 25th also and it got here on the 29th. I wonder what the heck is the hold up on yours?