Pregnant on BF?

diamond42377

This year on BF I will be almost 6 months pregnant. I have heard so many horror stories about past Black Fridays and was wondering if it would be safe to go fight the crowds or should I just stick to shopping online?

I am here in Houston so the stores are almost always crowded and with our new residents from New Orleans it will probably be even more crowded this year.

Guest Frieked
I'd day it depends on how you are feeling then. Who knows, being pregnant might even benefit you since no one is going to push a pregnant woman out of the way.

One of my first BF experiences was when I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter. My only bad thing was feeling sick. Yes, I had morning sickness the entire 9 months. Its funny because Im standing at the Toy store line munching on crackers. Seriously though, just be careful, there is always one or two nuts out there who will push/shove. Luckily, my day went well then, but you never know. Good luck

I was five months pregnant with twins last year on BF. We did Staples first because its empty and we just walked in and out. Being as far along as you will be, I'd say find THE one place and go there with someone..let them duke it out...people dont care if you're pg, they'll push you. You can then go hit the stores and do shopping on good deals that aren't "door breakers"

Thanks for the advice eveyone! I think if I decide to go I will see if my husband can get the day off and come along. He is 6 foot 5 and 240 lbs, when I am with him no one ever bothers me lol. Now we just gotta set up our 3 year old to go stay with Granma and Grampa. :g_thumbri

I was 7 months pregnant on one BF but I went anyway, the only downside was the killer backache I had and the morning sickness in the car (I am one of the lucky ones who had morning sickness everyday for the whole 9 months), otherwise it was great.

I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter for my first BF shopping experience. I found that people gave me a lot of leeway. Course, I probably looked like I had raging hormones and was ready to drop her any second. :D

I have gone when I was 5 months pregnant with twins and 8 months pregnant with another. I was a little slower but that was it. If you can take someone else with you and have them push the cart (if you need one) One thing I found was that people were always ramming into my cart and of course that hit my huge stomach.

last year, i was 7 months prego with my baby... and i was in line at Sears, some lady was smoking blowing it in my face... I snapped and said, I don't smoke and neither does my unborn child, she looked down, seen that I was prego and said *im sorry, i didn't realize you were prego* (i was wearing a thick poncho and had my purse in front of me) and she immediately put it out turned around and blew the smoke out of her mouth. i was shocked but appreciative.

as for other people, they dont care, all they care about is those items. i think people look at it as the one day a year they can push and complain and act like a child and they take advantage of it. I never realized it could be so fun.

I do suggest you pad your belly, wear a thick shirt or something. And push your way through, make it apparent your prego, some people still have kindness... i think.

depending on the store though, if you dont need a cart, dont take one. Last year, I had someone tag team... they stood in line and I went and collected the items I wanted, boy did that piss people off... but hey they were doing it.

Good luck!

Safe?? I guess it depends on your area. I went when I was pregnant w/ all 3 of my girls...very pregnant since I had them Dec 11, Dec 22, and Jan 22. Never once had a problem myself...I think because I guarded my stomach like it was a black Friday item...lol. But I can say that people won't be nicer to you because you are pregnant. I've seem them knock down old people and trample them. Good luck w/ what ever you decide

I will be 7 months pregnant on BF and will definately be going shopping. I definately would not go alone though. I will be going with my sister, it is a tradition. I am sure that I will get tired easier, but I will take breaks as needed. In the past 10 years, we typically leave at 5:00a.m. and get home between 10:00p.m. and midnight. I am sure that I won't make it that long this year. Have lots of fun and be careful.

Guest AshleyNichole

Hmmm, based on the Best Buy I was at last year, it would not be a pleasant experience. There were lots of tripping hazards and people with no regard for others!

Congratulations!!

My sister-in-law took her 5 month old son out in one of those front packs when we went a couple of years ago. My wife went with her to the less crazy stores, and my BIL and I went to Best Buy and Circuit City. We actually let a pregnant woman in front of us get into BB without the line pushing, because my BIL and I are decently big guys.

I don't know if I would advise against it or not, but definitely protect yourself or bring some protection along. I think the BF crowds either bring out the best or worst of people.

Hi!

here is my two cents on bf. first, always go with someone. you might need their help, either to block and protect, or to do something as easy as push the cart. I'd suggest finding yourself at least 3 stores to go to. #1 being the one you absolutely have to go to, and you believe you have a good shot at getting everything you want. #2 back up to number 1. #3 probably not stuff you really really want, but has very good deals and shouldn't be a big hassle to get stuff from. #3 should be your fallback in case 1 or 2 have too big of line. Also, enjoy yourself. you are there to get some good deals, but this should be a fun time. I always have fun with the people in line with me. talking, sharing food. someone making that late morning, 1hr before open beverage run :D

Just want to say congrat. to you. My sister's baby will be delivered before then, so I don't think she can go with me like the past few years. ^_^

Fighting with the crowd during pregnancy is a bit difficult. Like what whymeintrouble said, you should go with someone and do the easy jobs, so you and your baby can enjoy the crazy deals hunting and welcome the coming of holiday seasons.

Wow! Thanks again everyone for the great response and advice.

I am going to take everything into consideration and it will probably end up depending on how I am feeling and if hubby can get the day off. But if I can find some really good deals online I will just stay in and shop online lol.

Thanks for the congrats.

Oh, and congrats to the other preggers here! :banana01:

Guest Deals4Me

Generally, my experience with people and pregnancy, was 50/50

When I was prego at Bears Training Camp (where I now live)

there was LOADS of out of towners, and when Urlacher came near, my 7 month pregnant self (I looked like I was due 2 months prior!) was pushed and shoved...the guy next to me nailed me 3 times (in arm, and 2 times in stomach) I turned to him and said, Do it again, and I'll show you a new kind of pain you never dreamed of. Needless to say, urlacher was actually right there and must of heard it, becuase he glared the guy down and wouldnt sign his stuff.

At walmart, on BF, was a WONDERFUL experience. I was 2nd in line. at 3(omg never again...sooooo cold) Everybody was orderly (thanks to the PD) and kind and really fun to talk to.

at the Walmart 3 blocks from me, last year...wasnt pregnant and thank god.... but it was orderly, till 15 minutes before, there was no PD this time (small town and the police (all 10 of them) got called to an accident)

unlike the other walmart, had no carts up to even define a line...at the last minutes, the manager and security were walking giving maps out...People started cutting and edging in...everyone else was yelling about it...the manager wouldnt do anything about it! the other walmart? they banned you from the store for the day if you evendared it.

SO I will be going to the other walmart, stay at my in laws for the night. Or go up real early...havent decided yet...prolly go up early...

Two years ago on BF I was 39 and 1/2 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I went out and shopped my heart out. People seemed to give me and my belly more leeway. I would like to mention that I came home and my water broke but hey at least I didn't deliver in a store. We got lots of good deals and the sweetest, most beautiful baby girl ever entered our lives late that afternoon. :) :D :)

• 2 weeks later...
I was 7 months pregnant the year before last and I was waiting in line to put stuff in layaway and started having contractions, an employee asked how I was doing and I told her I was having contractions. Well needless to say they wanted me to get out of line and I said I can't til my husband gets back. ( yes I wouldn't leave the line). They grab my cart and me and brought me to the employee lounge and called 911. They took my stuff and put it in layaway for me and had me rushed to the hospital. The funny thing is one guy tried to say I was faking to cut in line. I didn't have the baby that day they stopped it but all the employees were wandering all day if I had the baby.

Congrats!!! My sister, step sisters, and step brother live in Houston!!! It does get crazy in their stores. My advice is to do what you feel is best. The year my youngest daughter was born, on Christmas Eve, I decided to try it. It turned out to be great. But I moaned and groaned and used the situation. lol People felt sorry for me and they helped me get all of my stuff so I didn't even have to get in there and fight. lol But we live in a small town where we know just about everyone.

I live in the Chicago burbs and I have been out when I was 7 months pregnant with my first on BF and 8 months pregnant with my fourth. Both times I didn't have any issues at all. I always go out with someone though. Either my mom or my husband. The really fun part is doing BF with kids. I've done it before and might be doing it again this year.

I actually posted this in my "Worst BF" experience, but I went when pregnant with my second child, and was so hungry I left the JCPenney line that I had been standing in for over an hour to go eat. Also I had horrible back and leg pain and was basically uncomfortable all day. Plus I was with non-pregnant people who wanted to shop till they dropped, and felt like a big party pooper! I love Black Friday, live for it, but would never do it again pregnant.

Congrats!! I just found out that I am pregnant too. I'll be about 11 weeks along for BF shopping day - so not a "big" deal for me. I'd use common sense that day. If you feel good, the weather is nice, or the store is not to insane, then I'd shop. Bring something to drink and snack on!! Good Luck!

I'm due 11 days after BF (12/6) and I keep wondering why in the heck I'm even looking at this board. LOL I might have to send my hubby out for something if there is a great deal on a toy my 3 year old cannot live without, but I doubt it. It's just fun dropping in and reading! I've never done BF (except for when I worked at Radio Shack on BF 1yr, YIKES that was a day I'll never forget!) but I do like to hear about the deals. Last year an old lady was trampled outside the Walmart a mile from my house so no way in heck I'm I going!