Who hates Wal-mart's pallet rules?

hpowers

Got a suggestion on what they should do then for stores open 24/7?

The problem is that they stock 25/7... I mean, Wal*Mart has stores open 24/7-- which it would seem like their stuff would be better organized but it's really bad.

You can be looking at CD's and find Wet Wipes, I just personally don't like Wal*Mart. Target is my place.

Super Target, or Target Greatland.. PLEASEEE!

If they would just mark the pallets it would be a lot better. That way you can wait at the pallet you want instead of wandering around searching.

Alot of stores have boxes of things that come packed from the manufactor, but then there is Wal*Mart. I think that they have some much of some things that they just ship all 10-15 things a pallet. Anyways, yeah-- if Pallets are labeled that would help

I hate that too, but I do love the fact they match the BF sale prices. My walmart is open 24 hours, so I go in around 4am and fill my cart with the items I want from other stores, then stay in the general area of the pallets for their specials. Most items if toys will be in that area, etc. I just hate the cart smashing. My sister and I went there last year and we got bumped by carts, smashed into, and literally shoved to get items. Im 5'11 and my sister is only 5'3 (shes older by 5 yrs), needless to say she was bumped and not me! LOL

The Walmarts I have been too give you a map of the store and what is where.... However I also know associates there, so I scout out what i want even if its covered in plastic and get it once they "reveil" it and im out of the store by 10-15 after 6.

My Walmart is open 24 hrs but they close about 3am on BF and have everyone line up outside. They do have a manager come out and tell everyone where things are and let you know the purchase limits on things. I do like Walmart's price matching policies I usually get all my Target items there because I have no Target near me.

Last year at WM, most of the toys were in the toys section. I just had to figure out which pallet was for that dang FP piano that I wanted to get, so me and about 5 older ladies sort of "cut" into a part of each of the plastic liners to see what was in there! LOL I know, cheating, but hey, it worked! I was in and out of WM within 15 minutes!

Our Walmart is horrible to get around all the pallets. After the first year I refuse to take a cart. I have a huge see through mesh bag that I just load my stuff into.

Hey...I never thought of this....heck this yr I am taking to put it in then go back and get a cart...lol..Thans for the tip:g_dance:

Hello all,

Pretty new to this and need a primer. Would someone please explain the pallet rule? I'd also appreciate a price matching explanation. I'll keep reading and hope to pick up more ideas and information as we move closer to lift off. As you can probably tell I've never hit the black friday sales. :)

Thanks.

At Wal-Mart, they bring all of their "blitz" items out on pallets. The problem is that the pallets are covered and wrapped and you have no idea what is in them. They put them all over the store so you have no idea where what you want is at. The price matching is easy...If you save the ads from the other stores, Wal-Mart will sell the same item at the same price as long as it is in stock. Welcome!!!!

Can someone explain "Pallet" rules? I never shop at walmart because it is very very crowded.

Also walmart usually "DOES NOT HAVE " Limited no. of items like other stores ( say just 50 DVD players or 100 Tvs etc). Even if I go to walmart at 10.00 AM, i can find stuff .

Walmart has lots of peices of things that are on sale.

Last to last yr they had bikes on sale for $25. That time I did not need one. But this yr I want 2 of them. Hope they give out bikes.

And where should we look for bikes??

Simonalex

Thanks for the explanations. For blitz/pallet items, do you mean the early bird type specials which usually have limited numbers and sell only during a certain time frame or do the pallets contain all the sale merchandise? Sorry to be so dense but I'm trying to get up to speed.

At our Wal-Mart, the early bird, 6am-11am, specials are mostly on pallets. But some of them are just stacked up in the aisles. However there are still a few items that they keep in the back until 6am. I think that's a bad idea. Our Wal-Mart is open 24 hrs. and a lot of people get there early. Me at 3:00. lol They only had 13 GameCubes 2 years ago. Instead of brining them out and using the first come first serve basis, they kept them in the back, brought them out at 6am and about 100 people were waiting for 13 games. Then the fights broke out. Luckily while two fights were happening around me, I ducked down low and got one. lol I won't fight for a game, but I will sneak in for the kill. lol:gd_shake:

Got the Pallet stuff.

But I wantto understand one thing- how do you know if walmart carries the same stuff which is in someother store for PMing? I mean it is hard to find the same model, same brand TV etc. DO you search for it at Walmart? That could be very time consuming??

Simonalex

Since we don't have many stores in our town, I just use price matching for everyday stuff. If we had a BB, TRU, or CC, I might then. If it is an item that I know Wal-Mart has and we have that store, I go the day before and make sure it's the same one. No, I don't waste precious time on BF. lol

Our Walmart has everything on Pallets too but they are not covered. But it makes it horrible to try to get through with all of the other people. A trick is to go in and then cut through the clothing dept and you usually come out in a good spot to get ahead of the pack! :o) Most of the people seem to stay in the main isles and then they get all bottled up and can't get to the other parts of the store.

I got the 2 last Game Boy Advances and a Digital Camera once when a huge fight was happening. I dashed around the fight and grabbed what I wanted from the clerk in Electronics. The others were too busy fighting to know that they had missed their chance lol

Guest Deals4Me
I am surprised to hear that the 24 hours ones are open still. Gosh, all the ones near me, like in Tinley park, the 24 hour kmart closes the night before, as does walmart, they are all closed Thanksgiving mid afternoon till the next morning.That really sucks that they dont close.

I went to WalMart last night, and it was crazy. It was about 10 o'clock-11 o'clock and I had to wait for two or three minutes before I could get through a walkway. I had to go two over just to get through, boxes everywhere.

I saw on the boxes it says "Return for Credit", "Each box cost the company about $0.85" -- That's crazy.