Who Else Maps Out Stores on BF?

elena_398

Day before Thanksgiving and/or on Thanksgiving day (I go to the sales then too) I usually already know the ads (thanks to this forum especially). Does anyone else go to a store and check out where something will be placed? I always go to the toy stores and check out the lay out. Especially if I haven't been there awhile. I started doing this as 3 yrs ago, as I hadn't been to Toys R Us in awhile. Anyway, I go there on BF run to the back corner of the store and I come to find out they changed the whole lay out of the store. I was so mad as they only a limited number of the one item and my son wanted a specific one of the product and there was none left. Ever since then I always map out the store or some may say case out the joint! Anyone else do this? Oh, I also find a younger employee and try to get some info from them! LOL

Some stores like Best Buy re-arrange merchandise, so scouting out the store would do no good.

Yup, RossMAN is right. Only the stockers would know where the stuff are. Not even the other employees know. Some Best Buy stores give out the maps on BF.

The one year my sister made department manager at Walmart, she brought home a copy of the store's layout for BF. We were sitting in my kitchen like two generals planning a raid! It was so funny, we even commented all we needed was the camouflage makeup and we were good to go! Unfortunately though she quit working there a year ago, so our inside "spy" is gone. But that year was great because we knew exactly where we needed to go! It was the quickest and smoothest BF trip to Walmart I have ever had!

The one year my sister made department manager at Walmart, she brought home a copy of the store's layout for BF. We were sitting in my kitchen like two generals planning a raid! It was so funny, we even commented all we needed was the camouflage makeup and we were good to go! Unfortunately though she quit working there a year ago, so our inside "spy" is gone. But that year was great because we knew exactly where we needed to go! It was the quickest and smoothest BF trip to Walmart I have ever had!

Awwww man! Even though you don't have your sister, we'll be here to Guide you through Black Friday just fine. :gd_steeri

Also, welcome to the forums! :2welcome:

That's one step that I don't take before BF. I usually hit at least 5 or 6 stores and usually I've got a pretty good idea of where everything will be. Usually, I just look around until I find it, and if I don't see any right away, I just assume they're OOS.

Also, echoing Aaron, welcome to the forums, diane! :D

-Mark-

yup i do it! i start out by getting all the ad's... I get Meijers in extreme advance cuz my MIL works there :D and she finds one when they first gets them an brings it home hehe... but after I get all ads, I usually spend a few days before Thanksgiving, writing down each item from each store I want to get. Then I go by store opening time (which usually I go to Meijers first because they are open all night... but I am looking to get a new computer so Best Buy may be my only option IDK), then I put them in the direction I'm going...

My things this year... will be a new computer with EVERYTHING lol even enough ink for a while... LOL... I want to get stuff for my kids, and I'm looking to get some stuff for my business and school too... but Office Depot has LOTS of free after mail in rebate stuff... yippee!

This year, a group of us will be getting together and joining forces.. hehe... each person or maybe 2-3 people together will hit each store and shop for what everyone wants, then after we are done shopping we are gonna meet for breakfast and swap the items... so that way we all get what we want. ONly problem with this though is that they have limits... :( so we'll see!@

I get the ads and figure out which things I want. I already know the store layouts, so assuming things are in the normal place, I know where to go. I just make a list, store by store, of what I want to get at each place so that I don't forget anything.

I pretty much know the store layouts as well. No mapping necessary! just have my list of what i need from each store, in and out.

The Meijer here this year has been remodeled and switched around so much I need a map now to figure out where stuff is. I'm dreading to see where they put the BF sales stuff this year. If it all gets put on the right side of the store by the pharmacy it'll be clogged with shoppers worse than it was last year. That's where they are putting the seasonal items and that side at the back of the store is also where the Electronics section is now. :(

I go a few days before when I have gotten all the ads from this wonderful site! I deside what I am going to price match and make sure WM has the item and it is the same as the ad. Because of the pallet thing you can't really map out the WM stuff because you never know where they are sticking that stuff (electronics in the deli! LOL) but I usually have everything else pinned down.

Guest Deals4Me
map it out before hand? Nah. Since I am in line at the store where I really want the stuff at, I have all my sale ads, and then Walmart (for example) gives out a map about an hour before hand.I pull thier ad, and draw my point of attack. hurts my OCD since I cant plan it all 100% and rework it, but I do fairly well if I do say so myself.

Consider it done :groovin:

the one thing i get frustrated about with the stores around me... is that they dont' put the stuff where its supposed to be! they put it at odds and ends... electronics in the toys or clothes... etc.. etc... rather annoying!

Although, my MIL works at Meijers and I told my husband I was going to have her pull a few things and hide them... and he asked me if I wanted to get her fired... wishful thinking :tongue1:

At our Wal Mart, if you are there the night before they usually have the stuff out in the aisles, but wrapped in brown paper.......there is always a rip in it so you can see what it is.

Interesting.

The Wal-Mart I shop on BF (not my own WM, as we always travel to spend Thanksgivng weekend with FIL) have the pallets wrapped, but in a clear plastic so you can definitely see what's on them.