Any tips on the cell phones on sale?

mmelo2001

I've camped at Best Buy several times, but never paid attention to the cell phone deals...well this year they have the virgin mobil phones (3 - one for everyone in the house) that I want once I get off contract in December.

Any idea how soon they sell out? Are there tickets for the cell phones or is it a dash to a counter?

Thanks for the tips.

Its killing me all the cell phone deals going on for BF I am with ATT and my phone broke today, I transferred my sim card to my daughters old phone that is 4 years old. I am eligible for a phone upgrade on 12/8/10 and the kids are eligible on 12/26/10. I cant take advantage of any of the deals since the phones have to be activated when purchased to get the lower price.:mad::mad:

I am in the market as well for a new ATT phone, but I am holding out as the best smartphone they have currently is the samsung captivate per all the reviews I read and I hear a lot of talk that just at the turn of the year they are planning to release a number of top end android smartphones. Right now they are focused on the new windows7 phones. I know these are rumors, but I can wait a month to get at worst the same phone on wirelfy.

I am in the market as well for a new ATT phone, but I am holding out as the best smartphone they have currently is the samsung captivate per all the reviews I read and I hear a lot of talk that just at the turn of the year they are planning to release a number of top end android smartphones. Right now they are focused on the new windows7 phones. I know these are rumors, but I can wait a month to get at worst the same phone on wirelfy.

I like the captivate, but have decided I wont get a smartphone since you have to pay that $30/month data plan. If we get a data plan it will be the family data for the unlimited for an additional $10/phone and it will only be for my phone, DH does not want it and the kids are not getting it. lol I am getting a nook so if I want to get on the internet while out will use that. I stay home mostly so I have my computer on hand. I dont know how long I can wait, since the stupid phone broke, and now I am using this flip that takes forever to text on.

Its killing me all the cell phone deals going on for BF I am with ATT and my phone broke today, I transferred my sim card to my daughters old phone that is 4 years old. I am eligible for a phone upgrade on 12/8/10 and the kids are eligible on 12/26/10. I cant take advantage of any of the deals since the phones have to be activated when purchased to get the lower price.:mad::mad:

Being that close to your contract date, you should be able to work something out with AT&T, especially if they know you're going to be around 2 more years.. I couldn't see any company splitting hairs over a couple weeks... depending on your rate plan, some companies like Verizon even offer early upgrades as early as 12-18 months into a contract.