Exclusive for Shop Your Way Rewards Members: Chimney Busters!!

angelbabymommy

Starting tomorrow, Nov. 17 through the holiday season, KMart will start offering online "Chimney Busters" that offer "fall-off-the-roof prices on popular items." You will get an email the day before letting you know the product and the price, you then have to log in at chimneybuster.com to get the price, which begins at 11 am CENTRAL TIME. Tomorrow's Chimney Buster is a "Sylvania LC320SLX 32-inch Class Television 720p LCD HDTV ENERGY STAR" for $95, oringal price: $379.99...ONLY 5 AVAILABLE. I just receiced this email, so sign up for a SYW Reward Card, if interested :)

www.kmart.com

Edited by mommyofanangelb

The site must be bogged down, cuz I can't get on.

The first sale doesn't start until tomorrow, maybe that's why. I just tried to and was unsuccessful.

For your guys that didn't get it, did you also register your card @ shopyourwayrewards.com, where you can track your points and all?? I did and that's the only thing I can think of why you guys may not have gotten it. Just a thought.

Site is currently down for "Enhancement." Probably got overwhelmed with interest.

I also have a card, and did not get an e-mail. I think its possible I did not give e-mail when I got the card, or perhaps checked something to prevent e-mail. Going to change that when their site is back up (at least for the duration of this promo.)

From the website:

We’re very sorry but our Chimney Busters and Shop Your Way Rewards websites are temporarily unavailable. Please check back on our Facebook page after 3 p.m. CT today and we’ll be able to give you a status of when the Chimney Buster’s sale will begin. You haven’t missed anything!

• 5 weeks later...
I earned the reward code for the Grape ViviCam VXO29 10.1MP Digital Camera for $9.99 if anyone is interested. I believe shipping is $6.95. The code is only good through tonight at midnight central time. Not sure if it is user specific or if it can be used multiple times. If you want the code, PM me and I will give it to you.

beccasbank passed along the code for the vivicam but when I went to check out after entering last 3 of CC it returned advising out of stock for shipping and none of my local stores showed in stock either. I called up and spoke to various ppl on 3 different numbers and they all had different stories after about an hour I gave up. It seemed it was in stock for a few reps who couldn't apply discount code and not in stock for others actually trying to help and after some further hold time a manager came back and said "nope not in stock I checked both warehouses". I'm not sure if the reps were incompetent or manager didn't feel like give me the deal but I was pretty unamused at that point and decided against going any further and just irritating myself.

It probably didn't help that this was some 6 hours or more after the coupons were given but a simple "out of stock, can't assist you sorry" would have been nice instead of transferring me around giving me hope time and time again then dashing it. One of the reps even wanted to argue about which item should be on sale and for what price when it was still showing on website?!

beccasbank passed along the code for the vivicam but when I went to check out after entering last 3 of CC it returned advising out of stock for shipping and none of my local stores showed in stock either. I called up and spoke to various ppl on 3 different numbers and they all had different stories after about an hour I gave up. It seemed it was in stock for a few reps who couldn't apply discount code and not in stock for others actually trying to help and after some further hold time a manager came back and said "nope not in stock I checked both warehouses". I'm not sure if the reps were incompetent or manager didn't feel like give me the deal but I was pretty unamused at that point and decided against going any further and just irritating myself.

It probably didn't help that this was some 6 hours or more after the coupons were given but a simple "out of stock, can't assist you sorry" would have been nice instead of transferring me around giving me hope time and time again then dashing it. One of the reps even wanted to argue about which item should be on sale and for what price when it was still showing on website?!

Sounds like they gave out more codes than they had product available. I just don't understand why companies do this. :confused:

I was fortunate enough to get the Loopz game for $7.xx in November.

I also signed up for the free 30 day trial of their free shipping program, ShipVantage (similar to Amazon Prime). I got the game, no problems. 9 days later I canceled the ShipVantage and was told if I didn't get an email cancellation verification within 48 hours to call back. I didn't get the email, so I called back, and was told I was in fact canceled.

Well, lo and behold, on Saturday a $90 charge posted to my online banking for the ShipVantage program. After 2 hours of being transferred and holding for a manager of some kind, I was told they would reverse the charge, but not for 3-5 business days. Which would have been fine except I have 3 checks out and now they may bounce. All in all, I was extremely happy with the Loopz game for $7.xx, but should have paid for shipping.

Tink...I'm sorry the code didn't work for you. I was going to buy it, but after I looked into it more closely, decided against it and didn't want the code to go to waste. I guess it did anyhow. That's a shame. Sears/K-Mart are the only B&M stores left here who offer lay-away, but I don't like their policies and CS associates or other things any longer. It's a rare occasion that I go to the B&M stores anymore.

The chimney buster page shows the items "on sale" too just not as great a discount as the chimney buster so I guess it's not necessarily that they over did codes just more than enough people bit at discounted price and I didn't use code in time. They're CS wasn't the best but I think the code would have worked if I'd used it a lot closer to when it was issued.