Pokemon PokePark Wii:Pikachu's Adventure $19.14 Amazon

cwrtlm

I just got the phone call too uggh.... She claims they are an individual store who sells on Amazon and there was a mixup and this price was for the strategy guide and the NOT the game. She was nice and said that she was sorry for the mixup and would send a refund check along with a free nunchuk...uggh. I don't know about this I hope they send my refund ...she claimed it would be sent out tomorrow.. This is weird (it had an 805 area code too). I guess if I don't get the refund then I will report it to Amazon, I wondered about this as it seemed way tooo good to be true. What does everyone else think?????

I got the call this evening as well. They are refunding what paid and I told her instead of the free nunchuk I'd like the strategy guide and she said okay.

They will still process the refund and send me a free strategy guide-she said they don't even sell the WII game. I've still got to get the game for my DS

as that was top of his Christmas list-but the strategy guide will be nice. UGH I guess it was just too good to be true.

I just got the phone call too uggh.... She claims they are an individual store who sells on Amazon and there was a mixup and this price was for the strategy guide and the NOT the game. She was nice and said that she was sorry for the mixup and would send a refund check along with a free nunchuk...uggh. I don't know about this I hope they send my refund ...she claimed it would be sent out tomorrow.. This is weird (it had an 805 area code too). I guess if I don't get the refund then I will report it to Amazon, I wondered about this as it seemed way tooo good to be true. What does everyone else think?????

I got the same call and she told me the same thing. She was very nice and offered me the free nunchuk also. I wonder how many people that she had to call today?

Ha! I just got a call on my cell from a guy... wanting to talk to DH about a problem with his order... his name is one of the ship to/ bill to on amazon... course it is my cell... so he is at work.... and he NEVER answers my cell phone... wonder what they'll do if they don't get a hold of anyone....

DH got the book - instead of the nunchuck - and asked them to return the finds to our credit card... he said it may take up to 72 hours... um. ok. rather they return to the credit card then send out a billion checks and run the risk of one or more bouncing.

He told me there were about 30 people affected. I notice my Amazon status shows it as shipped, of course it's really the Nunchuk. I'm wondering if it somehow helps their business through Amazon to process it this way rather than cancel a bunch of orders? I don't quite get it, it seems like a rather expensive fix on their end, unless they're hoping some of us will forget to cash the checks.

In any case, I agree, it does seem suspicious, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that they're really as nice as they seem.

I got my nunchuck today and a refund check for $23.78. The check is not personally signed, it's stamped, does that make a difference to the bank? I've never seen a stamped check from anyplace.

Who is going to be the guinea pig and deposit their check to see if it bounces?? Can I just cash the check, not deposit it so if it does bounce it won't be taken out of my account?

I'm not normally so skeptical of things, normally very trusting, sometimes too much. But this one is setting off my "not right" radar. I hope it all works out okay for everyone!

I didn't purchase this item, but I'm pretty sure that the reason why the seller is sending refunds by check and the free nunchuck is to avoid having to process credit card returns through Amazon. I know some people who are merchants on Amazon and I'm pretty sure that I've heard them mention that they can lose the ability to sell on Amazon if they have too many refunds... even if they were able to explain to Amazon what happened and Amazon was willing to reinstate their account, they might miss the much needed Christmas selling season in the process.

My guess is that they are sending out the nunchucks to make everyone as happy as possible so people aren't reporting them to Amazon for not delivering the items and that they are sending out checks (that I would guess will go through just fine), so they don't have to worry that Amazon will boot them off their site for having so many refunds in such a short period of time.