Complete Tasks & Win BF T-Shirts [Winners Posted]

Brad

http://www.gottadeal.com/images/bfshirt.gif

HOW TO WIN: These tasks were part of a very popular contest we've done the last two years. To be entered into this contest, all you have to do is complete at least one of these tasks. If you do more than one of the five, you'll get additional entries, one for each completed task (max 5 entries).

Task #1: Design an actual holiday ornament featuring GottaDeal.com somehow. Take it to a store that has Christmas trees on display. Hang the ornament on the tree and take picture(s). Be sure at least one of the pictures proves that the tree is located at an actual store. Leave the ornament on the tree.

Task #2: Make a sign saying "I Love GottaDeal.com!". Go to a store that we traditionally post the Black Friday ad from (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Sears, Kmart are some examples). Find an employee to agree to hold the sign while you take their picture. Make sure the employee "looks" like a real employee (store shirt, etc...).

Task #3: Create a flyer for Black Friday @ GottaDeal.com - the kind with the little strips of paper on the bottom that people can tear off (like this) - and post it on a bulletin board at a public place. Be creative with your flyer design! Take a picture of the flyer on the bulletin board.

Task #4: Print out this GottaDeal logo. Take it to 3 of your local "landmarks" (however you define them) and take a picture of the logo somewhere near/with/on each of the 3 landmarks.

Task #5: Make a Black Friday-related YouTube video. Be sure to mention GottaDeal.com in your video and include a link to the Black Friday site in the description for your video. Post a link to the video in this thread.

Entries will be accepted until 10pm ET on Thursday. At that point I'll randomly select 10 winners from all eligible entries (from members who haven't yet won a shirt) and they will each win a Black Friday t-shirt!

If you need help posting pictures, see this thread. If you don't have enough posts to post pictures yet, send them directly to gottadeal.com [at] gmail [dot] com.

These all require some effort, so if you have the motivation, you've got a good chance of winning a shirt as there likely won't be as many entries as the other "easier" contests we've been having. Good luck to all!

And if you need some inspiration, here are the threads from 2009 and 2008. And don't even try to re-use an old picture...

Hi everyone - I still can't believe that we haven't had a major ad yet. We got to get something soon... Anyway's - I've completed 3 tasks:

Task 1 - holiday ornament in the downtown Miami Macy's store

Task 3 - flyer on bulletin board at my work

Task 4 - 3 landmarks found in Miami

I will try to upload the pictures now. It only let me upload 4 pictures - task 1 and 3. I will try to upload pictures from task 4 in a second message.

Thank You Brad for having a great website and allowing people to be so involved with it. Love it.

Edited by mmsantoyo

I did this a few years ago and won by doing the sign (got a wal mart employee to hold it for me :) My daughter was 4 at the time (I think it was 2 years ago) and we had a BLAST hurrying to get it done and win that shirt. So dont forget your kiddos, let them help ya out! I still wear my shirt all the time (spring, summer, fall, winter). I'd love another one but I'm trying to not enter too many contests since I have already won (even though this years shirt is different and awesome!). My shirt is holding up great :)

Good luck everyone!

I tried to load my pic's. still can't I think my brain is stuck in the 70's I have them on photobucket but still can not get it to work.

the 1st was a blue ornament on a white tree at Kmart

the 2nd is a kmart employee holding the GD logo in front of her face.

The 2 links you posted go to the same picture. You should post a link to the 2nd picture if you want 2 entries.

I'm assuming you can't enter if you've won in a previous contest. Dang! I was so tempted to hang a GD ornament on one of Kmart's trees yesterday. lol

I think I will next time anyways just because the site is awesome. :D

You can enter, you just can't win :P

Task #1, tree at Target:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/pibbgirl/tree1.jpghttp://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/pibbgirl/tree2.jpg

Task #3, bulletin board at local grocery store:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a33/pibbgirl/board1.jpg

Entries so far:

triplej2002 (1)

Illinoismom (1)

mmsantoyo (3)

hillbillyswife (2)

diane175 (1)

jstluvem (2)

GinaInIL (1)

ISU ME (2)

rsthayer (1)

That's 9 different members only, so if the contest ended now, everyone would win a shirt. Everyone else, you still have around 12 hours to get your entries in, so get to it!

OK...here are my attempts at two of the tasks Number 3 & 4. I had planned on getting a picture of the Space Shuttle Discovery launching today while someone held the GD sign, but since the launch was scrubbed today and the contest ends tonight...I had to take it with one of the mock up shuttles. Oh well, in case you can't tell from the pictures I live by Kennedy Space Center.

13 members with entries so far:

triplej2002 (1)

Illinoismom (1)

mmsantoyo (3)

hillbillyswife (2)

diane175 (1)

jstluvem (2)

GinaInIL (1)

ISU ME (2)

rsthayer (1)

madi5 (1)

dealluvr (1)

Yakyma (2)

studentnurse30 (1)

a few hours left, as good of a chance of winning as you're ever going to get this year!