Walmart Ad - Being Printed In Our Area / CNN Story

yellowlilax

Just a reminder! For anyone who posts links to the ad, item lists or even talks about what may be in the ad may risk getting banned from the forums. This includes cute songs and poems. :)

I know it sucks but WM is being mean this year and it will be posted on Nov 21.

Edited by bigjimslade

Again, please do not discuss the contents of the ad. Do not PM people either looking for the ad or offering to send the ad.

I have already alerted Walmart of the leak so if they go by the last few years, we will hopefully be allowed to post it much sooner than the 21st.

Again, please do not discuss the contents of the ad. Do not PM people either looking for the ad or offering to send the ad.

I have already alerted Walmart of the leak so if they go by the last few years, we will hopefully be allowed to post it much sooner than the 21st.

That's what I have been thinking. I hope they do! :)

You alerted Walmart? Why

To tell them that it was out there. This is what has happened the past 2 years - it's been leaked and once Walmart saw that, they let us and others post it so we weren't punished for following the rules.

I didn't give them any specific sites (I don't even know where it started from - people have been sending me links to various file sharing sites), just wanted them to know it had been leaked, which I'm sure they already knew.

It's probably not a bad idea to let them know the ads already leaked and so they might as well let gottadeal post it. It's already out, so it might as well be out in the open.

Exactly. I want everyone to see the ad as soon as possible without jeopardizing my business.

I have no idea even were to look for leaks... besides I do not belive it till brad posts it... I have use this sight as a tool for a few years... but never even knew I needed to register lol... I am far from a internet wiz I guess ... anyway thanks brad for all you do to help get us the best deals for our money in these hard times

I'm not suggesting that Brad post the ad without consent. I'm just saying that if CNN is already talking about it, then WM should go ahead and give him the approval!!!!

I'm sure with all the extremely high amount of security procedures they used to protect the ad, they know about it being discussed on CNN (and likely everywhere else). The person I deal with at WM has my cell phone number and as soon as WM decides to pull the legal threat, the ad will be up. Being a Saturday night, I doubt that will happen before tomorrow at the earliest though.

I'm sure with all the extremely high amount of security procedures they used to protect the ad, they know about it being discussed on CNN (and likely everywhere else). The person I deal with at WM has my cell phone number and as soon as WM decides to pull the legal threat, the ad will be up. Being a Saturday night, I doubt that will happen before tomorrow at the earliest though.

I'm sure it is frustrating for you when the ad has been leaked and CNN Money has written an article and they still haven't pulled the legal threat. However, I think it is wonderful that you are doing what you need to do to protect your business while providing your customers with as much information as possible. Thank you!

If some of you are disappointed after alledgedly seeing this ad, then perhaps you may need to rethink your plans based upon need, versus impulse buying. I have done just that and have found quite a few bargains out there. I will be buying replacements that will upgrade my HD setup, rather than buy more of the same, since it is an unbeatable price. I have mentioned before that market trends, internet price checking, and reviewing past BF deals are a good indicator of just what a deal is, not because a group of know-it-alls panned it. I already know where I am going to be on Black Friday, where will you be?