Live Black Friday Webcast & Chat - Would you participate and watch?

bigjimslade

Hi Everyone! I had a idea and Brad and I would like to know your thoughts on the idea.

The idea is to do a 2 hour live webcast around 2 weeks before Black Friday. During the webcast you can submit your Black Friday questions through a chat feature and I will answer them live. The questions would be anything Black Friday. What time to get in line?, what is good or bad in a ad? and stuff like that.

If this is something you would like to see and participate in comment below and also tell me what day of the week would work. I would be doing this in the evening.

If this does work out we will be doing a second live webcast the week of Black Friday to cover the Wal Mart and other major ads.

Post your comments below!

I like the idea and would probably participate (depending on what's in the ads) but would definitely watch either live or afterwards depending on date/time. I'm usually free after 5:30pm EST. It would be interesting to see what you'd fit in a 2 hour time slot though, that seems like an eternity. You should do some live contests halfway through or something to liven it up a little :P

I think it is a great idea...loved it a few years ago when we had chat room open also. Like others...after 5:00 p.m. est...but keeping the west coast in mind, think it would probably have a greater turnout after 7:00 p.m. or go for a Sunday evening.

I think it's a great idea! I actually think that you should do two! I think that you should do a BF 101 live chat geared for BF newbies! It could serve as your test run for your main event as well for you to work your glitches out too. The live watchers could help you answer questions - you're the BF pro and the new people are always on the boards here looking for advice on How To Black Friday. As far as your "main event" I agree to the no Wednesday but I don't think you'd have as many people on if you did it Sat. or Sunday (we're busy shopping!) Contests are awesome too :)

I would love to attend and am available nearly anytime. However...

When we upgraded to DSL from dial-up a couple of years ago, we went with the slowest version of DSL AT&T has, what they call "DSL Lite."

I don't know the upload/download speeds offhand, but I do know I can't just stream things like youtube videos; I have to let them fully load before I can watch them smoothly.

Will this affect my ability to watch the webcast and participate in the chat without frustration?