Children and Black Friday. Should you take them with you?

jaymacfla

Our stores around here can get crazy so I wouldn't take my youngest kids for a long time,..my oldest has gone since she was 13. Now the younger 2 are 12 and 13 i asked if they wanted to go but they said they"d rather be surpised s they dont want to go. I've seen babies and young children screaming at the top of their lungs because they were tired, hungry, cold etc..Our wal-mart is open 24 hours so it isnt bad anymore but those who have to wait in long lines make me sad.

I have been doing BF shopping for only 3 years now. The first year, I brought along my 3 year old daughter. I put her in the cart and we went shopping! She was a doll the whole time (I started at Walmart which is 24 hours here, so nothing cold). We went and ate breakfast together and had a great morning. The next year, I was taking care of my 83 year old grandma. I told her that I was going to go out that early the next morning and she said she wanted to go too! LOL! So, me and 4 kids and my granny, we went BF shopping! Now, yes, it turned into a bit more of a hectic time for me since she was in a wheelchair and my oldest was only 10 yet, but those are memories I will NEVER FORGET or ever wish to do differently. Last year, my 11 and 9 year olds were begging me incessantly LOL to take them BF shopping. My baby was 2 months old, but I had a snuggli and figured that even though it would be somewhat difficult, I should be ok and the kids would enjoy it too. Well, it was a LOT more hectic than I anticipated. The baby decided it was time to eat while I was standing in line. So there I stood, nursing a baby in line (covered, of course ;) LOL but still.... ) So, chalk it up to a lesson learned. Now, some of you may have been standing there watching me critically had you been there lol but I take responsibility for myself and I won't repeat it this year. I just wish I knew a bit more about what will be available online ;) and how to get it! LOL