Best Christmas Gift You Ever Received

HansieDZ

Of course,this will be a walk down Memory Lane but here's hoping we all remember that special time in our life when Want met Reality and we got what we wanted (at that time of our lives)

Here's mine:

a Dallas Cowboys coat circa 1970. Even though I was a girl (still am,hehe),I was CRAZY about the Cowboys but in my southwestern Indiana town,we were a long ways from Dallas,Texas yet I was just crazy about the Cowboys!

That year,Sears carried the Cowboys jacket (it was the baseball style jacket-blue with silver sleeves and the star logo on the left breast) and lo and behold! there was that beloved jacket under the tree with my name on it! I also have a Dallas Cowboys football helmet bank from that Christmas that I still have to this day.

I know we all have memories of wanting a specific toy or item for Christmas and having our dreams fulfilled that Dec. 25 morning. Thanks for sharing!

For years as a kid, I wanted this giant stuffed white tiger that I saw somewhere. Every year I asked for that thing and finally when I was around 12, I got my stuffed white tiger....Yes, it's probably silly but after years of asking for it and finally getting it I was thrilled beyond belief:)

While opening gifts with my dad's side of the family about 10 years ago I couldn't understand why dad had suddenly gotten the video camera out to record me opening a tin of candy and was like oh well lol... so i'm sitting there thinking.. ummm... ok... weird... dad's never just given me a tin of hershey kisses before... so i start to put them aside and he's like... was it just hershey kisses in there? I thought I put some peanut butter cups too... so i kind of mentally roll my eyes and dig through again... at the bottom there was an envelope that had center ice bluejackets vs redwings tickets... i went ballistic and i don't think i've ever seen him smile so big that he was able to get one over on me lol

A horse that I had really wanted to "save". The owner had told me he was being put down cause he was useless and I begged and pleaded for him not to. I didn't see the horse in his paddock anymore and I was so heartbroken. My father had gotten my the horse and hid it at his fathers barn. I went out to feed the animals on Christmas morning and there he was

I had thought he was dead and I was just so happy. I think that was 1972 or so. Of course the horse was old and couldn't be ridden but he was a great campanion horse for the barn and he lived out his life being spoiled :D

I have gotten so many great gifts through the years ...so Im not sure but this year I think I am giving the best gift I ever have given. My mom has ALWAYS wanted to go on a cruise but could never afford it..so my family booked a Disney cruise for next November and we decided to splurge and pay for my mom to come too. She has NO clue and Im SO excited about it..so my best gift might be the happiness I will feel when my mom finds out on Christmas morning =)

I have gotten so many great gifts through the years ...so Im not sure but this year I think I am giving the best gift I ever have given. My mom has ALWAYS wanted to go on a cruise but could never afford it..so my family booked a Disney cruise for next November and we decided to splurge and pay for my mom to come too. She has NO clue and Im SO excited about it..so my best gift might be the happiness I will feel when my mom finds out on Christmas morning =)

omg... i'm sure she will be speechless.... that gave me goosebumps just reading it :)

A horse that I had really wanted to "save". The owner had told me he was being put down cause he was useless and I begged and pleaded for him not to. I didn't see the horse in his paddock anymore and I was so heartbroken. My father had gotten my the horse and hid it at his fathers barn. I went out to feed the animals on Christmas morning and there he was

I had thought he was dead and I was just so happy. I think that was 1972 or so. Of course the horse was old and couldn't be ridden but he was a great campanion horse for the barn and he lived out his life being spoiled :D

This really touched me! YOUR best gift might have also been the horse's best gift :)

Oh,she will surely love it! Please let us know.

I get my greatest joy now from seeing those I love happy.

How cool! I am so glad your family knew how much you would love him and brought him in to your family.

i was nine and it was goin to be the worst christmas ever..my mom after many months of bein sick passed away a few days before thanksgiving..i wasnt in any mood to open gifts that year until i saw i small flat package from her..inside were coloring books and an andy pandy book ,i looked at my dad and said im too old for coloring books..he smiled with tears in his eyes and said that was all mom could find in the hospital gift shop that she thought id enjoy...that year i understood the best gift of all wasnt wrapped in paper it was the neverending love of a mother....

i was nine and it was goin to be the worst christmas ever..my mom after many months of bein sick passed away a few days before thanksgiving..i wasnt in any mood to open gifts that year until i saw i small flat package from her..inside were coloring books and an andy pandy book ,i looked at my dad and said im too old for coloring books..he smiled with tears in his eyes and said that was all mom could find in the hospital gift shop that she thought id enjoy...that year i understood the best gift of all wasnt wrapped in paper it was the neverending love of a mother....

:bigcry: That is the sweetest story I've read in a long time. Thank you :heart:

All I can say is wow. What a tear jerker!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was a stocking filled w/ just small gifts from my husband. Growing up we never had stockings. When my son was born I always did one for him and then 1 for my husband. Then about 5 years ago all the gifts were put out before we went to bed including the ones between my husband and I. When I woke up in the morning and came downstairs there was this huge Christmas teddy bear holding a stocking filled to the brim and I burst into tears. My husband must of snuck downstairs sometime in the middle of the night to put it there and I had no clue. I am not 100% sure why it was so special to me, it was just the fact that he went out and did that w/o my asking. It has been put out and filled every year since then. Even the last few years when he and I didn't exchange gifts due to money being tighter we still filled our stockings.

The best I gave to my husband was the Richard Petty Driving Exp for an upcoming Disney trip. He had no clue what-so-ever. We have given my son more than a few suprises through the years that he was not expecting. I know the 1 year he wanted a PS2 so badly (right around the time they came out). We told him that Santa probably wouldn't have many and maybe he'd be able to get it the following year. We also told him there was no way my husband and I could afford it, and he'd just have to wait. Christmas morning the PS2 was wrapped and at the very bottom of his pile. He was so incredibly excited.

We also got him really good last year. He wanted this particular BMX bike that was several hundred dollars. So we gave him that along w/ some clothing and a few other things. He kind of knew he was getting the bike, but still acted suprised and was very gracious on Christmas morning. When all the gifts were open, there was a little stack hidden way in the back behind the tree. He had not noticed it and thought opening gifts was done, he went to work on putting together his bike. My husband asked him why he didn't open these other few and that he had slid to the front. Things had worked out budget wise at the last minute that I was able to get him and IPOD touch w/ accessories too and he had no clue. He was very suprised and happy. At 16 he kind of knew that by asking for and getting the bike that it was going to fullfill the amount I'd be spending on him. It was great to be able to give him that suprise.

I have had many special gifts, but I think my favorites are when my husband and I exchange stockings. Its easy to say I want this or that and we get it. But for the stockings we get each other small things and it is so fun to see what he comes up with. One of my favorites was a matchbox car of my Cayenne Turbo I would love to own! Just the little things that he remembers is what I love the most!

I have gotten many wonderful gifts down through the years some expensive some not but last year my son who has his own family now went and had family christmas pictures done, framed them and wrapped them as gifts for the mothers and grandmothers. That was one of the best gifts I could have recieved !