How many of you have family who think you're crazy?

nikol0304

lol...mine does! They blast me after Thanksgiving day dinner! We are all sitting around the table and I am finalizing my details. Normally they say "Your crazy for going out!" but then they will turn around and say..."Well since your out can you pick up this for me?" I tell them no!! If they want something they must join the "craziness"

My wife thought I was crazy, I have since converted her and she goes with me. Same with my sister and a number of other people. My mom stays home with my kids and my sister's kids so she's one I have no intention of converting, lol. My in-laws used to think I was crazy too until my sister-in-law joined my team a few times, now they realize why I do it. My other sister hasn't quite gotten the hint yet though, she once again invited us to dinner on Thanksgiving.

My mother did... until she went with me a few years ago - and snagged some real bargains. She had also made fun of my binder, until she used it to price match that day. We went together last year and when she got in the car the first thing she said to me (as I was slurping down my coffee) was "do you have your notebook?" lol.

My brother did last year, until he saw the doorbusters I was able to get for his daughter ( I've helped him out the last few years with her Christmas) He is wanting to go this year.:)

My wife thinks I'm bananas getting up a 1:00 am to line up for a few hours in the cold before getting some deals, but still gives me a list of things to get for the kids and rest of family. Also, on the surface she complained about the HDTV's I've purchased on BF over the years, but I think that was just to give me "trouble" and show who is boss. She now calls the 42" in the living room that I bought a few years ago an "IPOD Touch" compared to the 50" I bought for the basement last year. Somehow this year she has me on the hunt for a 50 or 65" for her parents (I bought on behalf of family a 42" for them for XMAS a couple years ago).

Rest of family and work colleagues also think I'm nuts, but somehow come to consult with me when it is time to make a major purchase...... (TV's, computers, other electronics, cars, etc)

Wife says I get over run with excitement for a few months prior to the actual day and then makes fun that I fall into deep depression around noon on black Friday after all is over (which I don't).

The kids have caught on to my tricks over the years............ they circle many things in the ads and I come home while they are at school and hide what I got. When they ask about the DVD's and video games, I say I missed out and sold out, but they somehow have caught on as these same items tend to be under the tree each year (hey, didn't you say this was sold out, how come we got it Christmas morning?). They now just play the game.......

I think my love of shopping and deals is in my genes...My grandmother was an amazing deal hound and negotiator for price reductions.....As a kid, I was embarrassed to go shopping with her as she was always negotiating a cheaper price. It was embarrassing.....Many years later, here I am doing the same thing...I think she would be proud.

I don't think anyone in my family (which is small) thinks that I'm nuts for going out on BF. Except for maybe my stepfather. But my mom, and my DH and my aunt all shop together - last year was also a break in year for my aunts 14yo daughter! She is undecided as to if she is shopping this year. However she did get introduced to what I call the "Golden Rule" of BF shopping: Thou shalt always shop for thyself too! She was thrilled! She found stuff she liked that she bought as well as she was there with three people that buy gifts for her so whenever she found something she wanted she just handed it so someone and said "will you give me this for Christmas?" We do that all the time! It's what's fun about shopping with family :) I do have friends that refuse to go out on BF - I don't think they think I'm crazy - but they usually give me that "better you than me" look when I talk about Black Friday shopping.