I can't make text into a link anymore

outnumbered

yes, vB changed that. before it asked for the title, then the URL. the title field was always optional so they removed it in 3.5. now you just enter the URL and the title is automatically highlighted in your post so if you want a title, you type it right then.

don't know why they changed it, but they did and i haven't seen a way to get it back to the old way.

i actually like this new method a lot better! it makes more sense to me this way.

i sometimes like to type my whole text and *then* later on linked some words in the middle to a url. previously i had to create the link at the end of the texts, and copy pasted it to the middle where i wanted it. now it's a lot simpler, i just highlight the words that i wanted to be a link, type in the url, and it automatically made that highlighted text to be linked (that's what i did with this post, btw).

i actually like this new method a lot better! it makes more sense to me this way.

i sometimes like to type my whole text and *then* later on linked some words in the middle to a url. previously i had to create the link at the end of the texts, and copy pasted it to the middle where i wanted it. now it's a lot simpler, i just highlight the words that i wanted to be a link, type in the url, and it automatically made that highlighted text to be linked (that's what i did with this post, btw).

Oh! So it works that way too now? I can type something up, then highlight, say, the first three words, and turn those into a link? I think I will like this way after all then.

Oh! So it works that way too now? I can type something up, then highlight, say, the first three words, and turn those into a link? I think I will like this way after all then.

that's exactly how it works now, which is why i like it a whole lot better than before.