Official Black Friday NETBOOK & TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

I'd say the Acer one is at least as good as the Compaq at Best Buy. They have pretty much the same specs. Lets just say around here you pretty much have to miss Thanksgiving to get in line at Best Buy to get anything good. ;) The Acer netbooks from Walmart, Target and Radio Shack are the same. Yes you can do Work documents on the netbook. At least I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Here is a list of the software that comes on the Acer from Target:

* Acer® Utilities

* Adobe® Acrobat® Reader

* Adobe® Flash® Player

* Android InstantOn

* eBay® shortcut

* eSobi

* Google Toolbar

* McAfee® Internet Security Suite (trial version)

* Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Has reduced-functionality

* Microsoft® Silverlight®

* MyWinLocker®

* Netflix® shortcut

* Norton Online Backup

* Customized Windows® Internet Explorer® 8.0

* Windows Live Essentials

Whats the Android InstantOn? Thanks for the info...I really dont want to miss thanksgiving just to get the one at best buy. I only save 30 dollars if I get the compaq one at best buy anyways so I think im goin with the Acer. I just kno that my friend had a bad experience with acer so I didnt know if i should get or not but I think I will try because it seems better than hers was. Do i have to keep the netbook unopened if I buy it before the sale and then do the price match? Or do I just need the reciept? Also are there any color choices? i liked the blue one at walmart, does target have blue or any color choice other than black? Thanks

Whats the Android InstantOn? Thanks for the info...I really dont want to miss thanksgiving just to get the one at best buy. I only save 30 dollars if I get the compaq one at best buy anyways so I think im goin with the Acer. I just kno that my friend had a bad experience with acer so I didnt know if i should get or not but I think I will try because it seems better than hers was. Do i have to keep the netbook unopened if I buy it before the sale and then do the price match? Or do I just need the reciept? Also are there any color choices? i liked the blue one at walmart, does target have blue or any color choice other than black? Thanks

I don't know what Android InstantOn is. To return a computer it needs to be sealed but to just do a price adjustment you just need the receipt. The Target Acer is only in black.

I don't know what Android InstantOn is. To return a computer it needs to be sealed but to just do a price adjustment you just need the receipt. The Target Acer is only in black.

O...that sucks but I will still get it...so does it come with Windows xp or windows 7 starter? the ad says Xp but i wasnt sure...so i dont need to bring the netbook with me? just the reciept?...I thought it was the exact same one as walmart, walmart had all the colors so target only has black but is the same specs and everything as walmarts?...Im sorry, im a bit confused here...lol

So if I go to Target tomorrow morning (Thursday) and purchase the model that will be on sale on Sunday I can take it back to Target Customer Service on Sunday and ask for a "price adjustment"? Is there an actual Target policy about items going on sale after purchase or will I have to rely on the good graces of individual store policies? No matter what I'm still going for it, what have I got to lose? But I was just curious as to the details. Much appreciated.

edit: ah, just saw the posts above about having the receipt. Thank you!

Cheers,

KJ

O...that sucks but I will still get it...so does it come with Windows xp or windows 7 starter? the ad says Xp but i wasnt sure...so i dont need to bring the netbook with me? just the reciept?...I thought it was the exact same one as walmart, walmart had all the colors so target only has black but is the same specs and everything as walmarts?...Im sorry, im a bit confused here...lol

The Walmart, Target, and Radio Shack acers are all the same model regardless of the color. It runs windows xp. Same specs.

To do the price adjustment at Target, you only need the receipt. Now if you wanted to return the item, it would have to be sealed.

I was able to get the netbook from walmart.com yesterday morning. I choose aquamarine for my 11y/o daughter. She is going to scream Xmas morning! lol

I'm actually tempted to buy another one from Target and do the price adjustment only because I'm feeling greedy. I already have a cheapy emachines laptop I bought from BB around this time last year so I don't "need" another computer. *sigh*

Anyone know who has the best deal for wifi service? This would be for my daughter's netbook. She has a lot of reports to do now in middle school and when I work nights, she stays at my mom's. There is no internet service there and unsecured wifi is shoddy. I don't want to spend a lot per month. If we're home I have a router so it will just be for those 2-3 evenings when she's at grandma's for her to google, facebook, youtube, etc.

Anyone know who has the best deal for wifi service? This would be for my daughter's netbook. She has a lot of reports to do now in middle school and when I work nights, she stays at my mom's. There is no internet service there and unsecured wifi is shoddy. I don't want to spend a lot per month. If we're home I have a router so it will just be for those 2-3 evenings when she's at grandma's for her to google, facebook, youtube, etc.

It will be much cheaper to get broadband and a wifi router at Grandma's than it will be to get your DD a cell-phone-based card.

For instance, a data plan from AT&T will be $35/month for 200MB or $60/month for 5GB. Your DD could blow through either of those in just a few visits to Grandma if she is streaming music or YouTube. These wireless plans are really meant for business people on the go who need to have Internet access everywhere they go.

It will be much cheaper to get broadband and a wifi router at Grandma's than it will be to get your DD a cell-phone-based card.

For instance, a data plan from AT&T will be $35/month for 200MB or $60/month for 5GB. Your DD could blow through either of those in just a few visits to Grandma if she is streaming music or YouTube. These wireless plans are really meant for business people on the go who need to have Internet access everywhere they go.

Really? Glad I asked because I'm afraid of her blowing through it quickly. I may just have to look into getting broadband over there. Thanks!

Target Stores Price Adjustment Policy

• If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, bring in your original sales receipt to Guest Services for an adjustment.

• Exclusions: Price adjustments are not made for clearance prices or Target.com prices.

I'm not sure about the Office question. It does come with Office Starter. I think it will because I have it on my 4 year old desktop and I only have 1G of memory and a 250G hard drive but it also has dual-core. Maybe someone else has an opinion about this.

Ugh! Just got back from Target. They didn't have ANY netbooks in stock, let alone the one on the pre-BF sale. They said if it's on sale, they will have it, but they open at 8 a.m. on Sunday and I'll be at church. They said they get trucks every day, but with limited quantities they won't guarantee they will get it for later in the week.

Do you think they would have it out on Saturday night?

Ugh! Just got back from Target. They didn't have ANY netbooks in stock, let alone the one on the pre-BF sale. They said if it's on sale, they will have it, but they open at 8 a.m. on Sunday and I'll be at church. They said they get trucks every day, but with limited quantities they won't guarantee they will get it for later in the week.

Do you think they would have it out on Saturday night?

You could try to order it online before you leave for church.

I had my aunt get the netbook at target for me because she has a target card and got 5% off so it will be 180 after the price adjustment....she said that when she went into target to get it they didnt have it out and she had to ask for it and the person couldnt find one but then found that they were put up way high in the back room/stock room idk...n then brought one out...Im glad she got one for me cuz this will be just as good a deal as BB cuz I wont have to miss thanksgiving...lol

I also had one question. How does the free sleeve/case for the netbook work? When i go in to do the price adjustment wat do I do? Do i get the sleeve first and then do the price adjustment and they will automatically subtract the sleeve price? or? Can someone please explain this to me...wat if they dont give the sleeve? do they have to give me the sleeve?

can i have opinions on the KMart netbook? My dd will be 7 in Dec they have an online educational game/program online she gets extra bonus points 4. and she might want to go on Disney or Nicks website.

This netbook will most likely not be able to play games on site like Nick. I believe they use Flash for their games and I don't think that netbook has Flash. All those really cheap, $80-90, netbooks run Windows CE which is an old OS for cell phones. Not worth the $80.

I didn't notice your question so I will answer it: it has Windows XP Home.

I had my aunt get the netbook at target for me because she has a target card and got 5% off so it will be 180 after the price adjustment....she said that when she went into target to get it they didnt have it out and she had to ask for it and the person couldnt find one but then found that they were put up way high in the back room/stock room idk...n then brought one out...Im glad she got one for me cuz this will be just as good a deal as BB cuz I wont have to miss thanksgiving...lol

I also had one question. How does the free sleeve/case for the netbook work? When i go in to do the price adjustment wat do I do? Do i get the sleeve first and then do the price adjustment and they will automatically subtract the sleeve price? or? Can someone please explain this to me...wat if they dont give the sleeve? do they have to give me the sleeve?

I bought the sleeve when I bought the netbook. Hopefully they will take the price off when I get the price adjustment. Oh, when I got mine they didn't even have a display or price tag for it, I had to ask for it and they found it out back.

I picked up the Acer ar Target this morning. It is black, has Window 7 Starter 32- bit (not XP) and a 3 - cell battery (not 6 cell). I think the Walmart unit also said 3- cell battery.

The Walmart, Target, and Radio Shack acers are all the same model regardless of the color. It runs windows xp. Same specs.

To do the price adjustment at Target, you only need the receipt. Now if you wanted to return the item, it would have to be sealed.

I was able to get the netbook from walmart.com yesterday morning. I choose aquamarine for my 11y/o daughter. She is going to scream Xmas morning! lol

I'm actually tempted to buy another one from Target and do the price adjustment only because I'm feeling greedy. I already have a cheapy emachines laptop I bought from BB around this time last year so I don't "need" another computer. *sigh*