Holiday Gift Request Lists Questions (wish lists) - Most Expensive & Weirdest

noehlp

My kids have not made lists yet, but my DS4 wants a laptop. He gets so mad when the the other kids are playing on theirs and he does not have one to play on.

DS9 wants a blackberry, but his birthday is in a few weeks and we are getting him that for his birthday.

DD7 has asked for some little toys like Moxie gilrs etc... but I am not doing that this year. I am sick of having toys everywhere, and giving away toys that they never played with. So we are going to try to stick with bigger items this year.

DH wants to get the kids a playstation3, but I am not sure I want to as they already have two wii's and an xbox 360 and they never play with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my youngest dd9 has officially started her Christmas Wish list! Right this minute there's about 17 items on it. She'll be updating this list probably daily until almost Christmas day, oh joy!

My youngest can make the biggest wish lists of all! I think last year she racked up nearly 200 items on it!

As for the original question:

Most Weirdest: Real Kitchen Small Appliances (this was dd9, I think she was 4 at the time); Sour Candy & a real hot rod car (both from my ds, now 13, he asked for the car a long time ago, and was adamant he wanted it to be a real drivable one)

Most Expensive: Besides the car, it'd be Laptops or iPhones/Blackberry's (these have been on the list for several years now)

When it gets closer to Christmas I will have my kids then re-do their lists, marking their top 3 gifts, maybe 5 gifts, depends on how huge the list is.

DS23 admired his g/f Dads watch and decided he would like to have one like it/ Of course he did not know anything about it. He called the Dad and he told him it is a Rolex.

I told DS..not to hold his breath waiting for a Rolex from me, lol. I would love to find a fake Rolex for him but cannot seem to find them anywhere. BTW the g/f's family is

uber wealthy and we are just the opposite:(

dd2 said she is asking Santa for french fries. I also found her pining over the $90 Rapunzel castle in the Target Toy Book. Funny thing is she is only 26 months but she was seriously looking at the thing and sighing!

ds8 has been asking for an xbox for 3 years now. So I just came across his list and he has added kinect! Didn't even know he was aware that existed.

I want a tall, dark, handsome, rich man with no vices (also nice teeth and a nice butt too)...is that too much to ask for? He also must have no baggage or issues either ;)

I would also like to wake up on Christmas morning and be a size 5 and have had a face lift, butt lift, tummy tuck and boob job too... and a few million in my checking account.

Afterall I have been very good this year :cheesy:

I want a tall, dark, handsome, rich man with no vices (also nice teeth and a nice butt too)...is that too much to ask for? He also must have no baggage or issues either ;)

I would also like to wake up on Christmas morning and be a size 5 and have had a face lift, butt lift, tummy tuck and boob job too... and a few million in my checking account.

Afterall I have been very good this year :cheesy:

heck I'd take the handsome man with no vices alone :P

hahahaha I bought my mom underwear for her birthday and 2 bras that actually fit her.. she had the wrong size and was buying cheapo undies so I had her measured and got her some quality goods now she wants more this year!

1) What's the MOST EXPENSIVE gift request you've seen on a list (or asked for) by either your kids/friends/family/whatnot?

Answer: My 14 year old announced this year that he just wanted CASH - and based on past Christmases he had calculated that he got about $1000.00 worth of gifts - but would rather have the cash! :shock: When I explained to him that I ONLY buy gifts on Major Sales and actually spend about $250.00 on him - he changed his mind! ;) He has YET to give me a list, however!

2) What's the WEIRDEST gift request you've seen?

Answer: This one is s hard one - I have a STRANGE Family - Guess it would be my Mom asking for a Bra! Strange thing to buy a bra for your mother! :blush:

my step when he was 3 got socks in a corn flake box from his great grandma... he was so upset he wanted the cereal.. every year after that we bought him his own box.I start in nov looking for strange or off brands ussally find them at Dollar tree. he is 18 now and we will be sending him a gift card for christmas attached to a box of cereal.

hahahaha I bought my mom underwear for her birthday and 2 bras that actually fit her.. she had the wrong size and was buying cheapo undies so I had her measured and got her some quality goods now she wants more this year!

Great gift! Wearing the correct size bra and good undies can make you look like you had a total body makeover!

When my daughter was 7, she wanted a live Polar Bear :D Solution: we 'adopted' one from the Philadelphia Zoo. They sent her an adoption certificate from Santa;)

A charitable contribution of $25 and sheer joy when she opened her present The bonus was a trip to the zoo and the bearkeeper let her go 'behind the scenes' !

When my daughter was 7, she wanted a live Polar Bear :D Solution: we 'adopted' one from the Philadelphia Zoo. They sent her an adoption certificate from Santa;)

A charitable contribution of $25 and sheer joy when she opened her present The bonus was a trip to the zoo and the bearkeeper let her go 'behind the scenes' !

That must have been amazing. I love animals and have never done anything like that but then again I'd never treat myself to a behind the scenes thing (too expensive).

My 21 year old sister has asked for a seatbelt belt in lime green...she's always up for the different items, so she had to send me a link so I could figure out what the heck a seatbelt belt was...so I had to laugh when I saw this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seatbelt-Buckle-Belt-New-Material-Various-Styles-/280492253988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item870ae154fa#ht_1133wt_103

My DD18 just told me her list last week. She wants a Swiffer Duster, the hangers that you hang 5 pairs of pants on at a time, a roll of quarters, Fudge rounds, and cute socks LOL

Is your daughter in school or living in her own apartment? If so, I think she would like a grocery store gift card too.

I love lists like hers because you can get all of it at a good price and add some fun extras too.

My 21 year old sister has asked for a seatbelt belt in lime green...she's always up for the different items, so she had to send me a link so I could figure out what the heck a seatbelt belt was...so I had to laugh when I saw this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seatbelt-Buckle-Belt-New-Material-Various-Styles-/280492253988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item870ae154fa#ht_1133wt_103

Ok, now those are pretty cool!! :D

My 3 year old DD has requested Children's Benadryl and those As-Seen-On-Tv wrap things that you put on your purse strap... it's those darn TV commercials!

I wanted one of these SOOOOOO bad when I was about 14. They had them at The Buckle in the mall but the one they had was rubbery and had bottle caps on it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but I never ended up getting it.

My DD18 just told me her list last week. She wants a Swiffer Duster, the hangers that you hang 5 pairs of pants on at a time, a roll of quarters, Fudge rounds, and cute socks LOL

I got a roll of quarters from my aunt last year! I didn't ask for it, but it was very welcome - she doesn't drive so whenever we have family things either my dad or I take her, and she noticed my frustration with having change for the tolls (mom refuses to get EZPass, sigh). I thought it was really thoughtful.

I you can find them hangers in metal or stainless steel, I would go with those. I have them in plastic and use one for each family member in my house(5) and put their coats/light weight jackets on them. Even my kids winter coats arent heavy since we live in the south and my oldest is only7 and the hook part of the hanger that you hook on the pole is all bent, i am guessing from the weight. But I am confused as there is hardly any weight on them. Definitely go for the metal.