Early Holiday Thread

hey guys & girls! I know i am starting my holiday shopping and planning(as well as decorating) so i figured we needed a thread(besides the toy thread) to discuss all things holiday untill its time for the offical forum to open :)

One of my questions...i am making all my fall crafts this week as most stores have started getting fall stuff in. Here in a week or 2 i am planning on starting christmas crafts and such since its the most time consuming holiday of the year. I am wanting to do some outdoor wooden displays (like on deck the yard) but we are having a hard time as what to do! we dont have alot of $ to play with or i could go all out! but on a limited budget we can only do a few key items! i love whimsical christmas stuff and the grinch themed stuff and would love to do something like that! im a *fairly* good painter i design childrens room signs and large wooden wall cutouts. :D

Since you are good at wooden wall cutouts, you could easily design some Christmas-themed ones and with a sheet of plywood a few 2x4s and some paint complements of Lowes/Home Depot, you could have alot of stuff! Maybe experiment at first to see what you like and sell the ones that don't make the "cut"!

Since you are good at wooden wall cutouts, you could easily design some Christmas-themed ones and with a sheet of plywood a few 2x4s and some paint complements of Lowes/Home Depot, you could have alot of stuff! Maybe experiment at first to see what you like and sell the ones that don't make the "cut"!

Yea thats what i was thinking but i need ideas as far as what to paint...i cant really do faces good but i was thinking of just like doing some very whimsical trees and like a toy shop etc. idk we will have to see! :)

This website has some cute ideas. LOVE the Bumble that is breaking out of the house and also the Artic animals cutouts.

http://www.317studio.com/holidays/christmas.html

Thank u! (all of you :) ) i love this site! thanks thanks thanks! i think im going to do alot of snowmen they are very easy! and a big "let it snow" sign along with a few whimsical trees! :)

Me too babygirl! It opened around this time last year, when sears and kmart decided to trot out some of it's holiday goodies earlier than normal. :) Who know's, perhaps Santa's watching and will leave an early present for us! ;)

-Mike