Sears spend $50.00 get 50.00 back

naillady4jm

I saw this..and something else I saw that I'm going to try and see if I can make it an even better deal is this:

CVS is offering $10 in xtra bucks if you purchase $50 in gift cards. They carry Sears gift cards. If you purchase $50 of sears gift cards, you get the $10 extra bucks, then take the gift card(s) to Sears and purchase the $50 worth of mens clothing, pay with gift card and get the $50 back that Sears is offering.

Hopefully it works. I have checked everywhere I can think of and cant find where this cant be done.

Sears has a hot deal on men's apparel! Purchase $50 in men's apparel and receive $50 in Come Back Cash! This offer is valid June 11th until June 20th. Go here to print a rebate form and get more information.

Go where?

There's no link.

I saw this..and something else I saw that I'm going to try and see if I can make it an even better deal is this:

CVS is offering $10 in xtra bucks if you purchase $50 in gift cards. They carry Sears gift cards. If you purchase $50 of sears gift cards, you get the $10 extra bucks, then take the gift card(s) to Sears and purchase the $50 worth of mens clothing, pay with gift card and get the $50 back that Sears is offering.

Hopefully it works. I have checked everywhere I can think of and cant find where this cant be done.

Thank You for pointing this out. Went to CVS this morning, then Sears and already submitted my rebate online!

I can't see why they would not honor items purchased with a gift card. You paid cash for it, so it should be as good as cash. I also do not see where it states a gift card would not be honored. For me, I would argue it until they allowed it.

This is the rebate promotion:

https://www.mysearsrebate.com/offers.aspx?cat=Other&pdate=06/15/2010

This is the page for the mail in rebate form:

https://www.mysearsrebate.com/ohanapdfs/H100100.pdf

These are the terms and conditions:

Terms and Conditions Limit ONE rebate per customer or email address, maximum value $50 Come Back Cash Coupon. This offer is not combinable with any other

Sears rebate. This offer is valid in US and Puerto Rico, except where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Rebate value varies based on price paid less all discounts

coupons and reward certificates and does not include tax. Purchased merchandise must not be returned within its stipulated return period in order to qualify for this

rebate offer (see sears.com for return policy details). All receipts for purchases qualifying for rebate programs must be included with the rebate form in one mailing.

Requests with invalid or undeliverable mailing address will be denied. All requests MUST be postmarked by the postmark date indicated on the rebate form. Late

submissions WILL NOT BE honored. Online submissions automatically select your best available rebate offer in effect during your purchase dates. Sears reserves the

right to refuse to provide a rebate to any individual who tampers with the online rebate process. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine

the legitimate operation of the online rebate process is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sears reserves the right to seek

damages from any such rebate applicant to the fullest extent of the law. Sears is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, or postage due

requests/mail or electronic transmission errors or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of

any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive rebate submission on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site or

any combination thereof. If you qualify for multiple rebates, multiple payments may be mailed to complete fulfillment. Rebate rewards will be mailed within 60 days of

complying with and properly completing the rebate requirements. This offer is no longer valid if not fully redeemed within 6 months from last valid purchase date.

I see nothing that states a G/C is unacceptable.

Can someone point me to the CVS promotion. I cannot seem to find it.

You can also do this online, and if you go to Sears online rebate page, it also offers you the option of trading in the Sears rebate for a pre-paid M/C to be used anywhere.

https://www.mysearsrebate.com/rebatecenter.htm

Edited by nannyhipster
add'l info

I went today and used my $50 gift card and purchased the mens apparel. The sales lady told me that nothing was excluded except for the Lands End merchandise so I specifically asked about clearance and she said yes, clearance is included also. I am getting ready to submit my rebate online.

This is what it states on the rebate page:

Note: The Father’s Day Apparel Rebate offer (H100100) rules only allow for a $50 Come Back Cash Coupon. Sears Gift Cards and Sears Prepaid Cards are not eligible reward types for this offer.

But I think that just means that you can only get the Come Back Cash offer and you can't opt to ask for a Gift Card or a Prepaid Card like you can with other rebates.

I think you're right. You cannot use your come back cash to Purchase a gift card however, you can use the gift card to make your original purchase.

Anyone know if you spend $100 and can get back 2 $50 gift cards for the Sears deal? The cashier told us we could, and when I read the wording it is confusing…it says “Limit ONE rebate per customer or email address, maximum value $50 Reward Coupon.” then later it says “If you qualify for multiple rebates, multiple payments may be mailed to complete fulfillment.” Just wondered if anyone has done it for 2 and actually received them. Thanks!!

When I went to Sears I had bought a couple tops for myself first and got a receipt coupon for 25% off men's apparel purchase. So I used that (which was a surprise) on top of the CVS Sears gift card I bought when i bought the mens clothes. Now the bitter salesperson said I couldn't use the coupon AND still submit the rebate but I had already read the fine print. I didn't correct her because it did not matter;). I even had to return what my husband did not want the next day. With returns and discounts I still had over $50 so that NICE salesperson said all I had to do was submit every receipt online and they will figure everything out. I did the rebate online and it went very smooth -even with the return receipts! I have also learned to maybe purchase a little to see what coupons I would get at checkout to use with another bigger purchase like with the 25% coupon.

This is what it states on the rebate page:

Note: The Father’s Day Apparel Rebate offer (H100100) rules only allow for a $50 Come Back Cash Coupon. Sears Gift Cards and Sears Prepaid Cards are not eligible reward types for this offer.

I saw this too, but it still let me select the option for the Mastercard. I wonder if I'll end up with a Sears gift card in the mail anyway.