Red Light Camera Detector @ Hammacher

vsa3janes

Interesting gadget! Our city just started installing red light cameras except they are publishing where each one will be and there are street signs as you approach stating they are there. It also says it works for speed cameras. I've got a friend who this would be good for, I'll have to show it to them.

well you probably don't realize that you are actually running a red light. I swear I cleared one, until I got the photos in the mail to prove I didn't. And the cameras are installed where the city feels there is a problem.

The money the cities that install these cameras can make is insane!

At $50 a ticket here - I guess in the long run it would pay for itself over time.

The fine here is over 300 dollars, and after fees it's over 400.

But at every intersection, there is a HUGE sign that says "Photo Enforced." The cameras are also humongous, so it's very obvious which intersection has a red light camera.

And it's not for just running the light - they've also been nabbing people here for not stopping long enough before making a right turn. If your city just installed the cameras, time how long the yellow lasts. You cannot get a ticket for going through the yellow, however some cities had shortened the length of time for their yellow light so that more red light tickets would occur. A lot of tickets were thrown out here due to that.

The fine here is over 300 dollars, and after fees it's over 400.

But at every intersection, there is a HUGE sign that says "Photo Enforced." The cameras are also humongous, so it's very obvious which intersection has a red light camera.

And it's not for just running the light - they've also been nabbing people here for not stopping long enough before making a right turn. If your city just installed the cameras, time how long the yellow lasts. You cannot get a ticket for going through the yellow, however some cities had shortened the length of time for their yellow light so that more red light tickets would occur. A lot of tickets were thrown out here due to that.

My boyfriend got the ticket for not stoping when turning right on a red light.

Is running red lights really all that common?????

Very much so! If your bumper is stopped over the white line you are running a red light! The camera will take a pic. It is up to the officers to issue a ticket or not though. 60 tickets for 1 week at 3 intersections here!! Speed cameras caught 142 violators going 11mph or more in only 90 minutes!!!