best online/offline way to buy furniture?

We plan on buying new bedroom furniture soon - a kingsize set medium or light wood finish - and it doesn't seem to be going like I had hoped. I went to a Ashley furniture store and the sales associate said the style now is dark and prices ranged from $1400 to $3000 for want we want. I would really appreciate feedback as to how to get a good deal on quality furniture! I have never bought furniture from an online store either - would that be a better option? I am in the Chicago area.:)

We plan on buying new bedroom furniture soon - a kingsize set medium or light wood finish - and it doesn't seem to be going like I had hoped. I went to a Ashley furniture store and the sales associate said the style now is dark and prices ranged from $1400 to $3000 for want we want. I would really appreciate feedback as to how to get a good deal on quality furniture! I have never bought furniture from an online store either - would that be a better option? I am in the Chicago area.:)

Personally, I love Ashley's. Also Room's to Go and Anderson's. All have great sales. Also, check out onewayfurniture.