Free Eggs on Facebook (Dead) - Did anyone see this?

Putting this here instead of the Free forum because the offer is now dead. Did anyone see the offer for free eggs on Facebook. It was in the form of a coupon you could print. Apparently the response was overwhelming and more than their servers could handle (like we haven't seen that before!) . Well a bunch of people did not get there coupons. Enough did to make me think this was a real offer. Still, what I find so funny is how upset these people are getting over a dozen eggs! If you go to the fb page and read some of their rants it's downright hilarious. I know times are tight for allot of people right now but seriously if you get that bent out of shape over a $1.50 carton of eggs then you need help.... seriously!

Which reminds me. I never quite got the point of advertising campaigns for certain products. Eggs for one. Not a brand of eggs. Just eggs. Is there really someone sitting out there somewhere that said, "hmm... eggs I forgot about those!". Milk has undoubtedly spent billions on advertising. I would be interested to see what a difference it made in their sales. I can see somewhat the point of advertising milk and getting it out there as a alternative beverage to soda and whatnot. But then you have advertising for things like electricity and coal. I'll never forget the day I was sitting at home and watching my battery powered TV in my freezing cold house, and I saw a commercial and realized I should go out and get myself some ELECTRICITY! :razz: