Goodwill great deals on target

brithug00

This could again be a ymmv thing, but my local goodwill has become a second Target clearance rack locally-i know they donate once things go 75, but i swear our goodwill is over 70% all target brand new items. I went in the other day to look for some long sleeved tops for my kids and browsed the clothing sections for about 45 minutes. Everything from target is new, lots with tags, and i have seen nothing with stains or tears. I scored a tankini top in black for 1.99 and a skirt for 3 dollars. they had lots of mix and match bathing suits, maternity jeans, pants, tops, flip flops, plus sizes, dresses, some housewares (although i think overpriced). also lots of the mens suits seperates, brand new-i think the suits were 3.99 for the pants and not sure for the jackets.

I've seen Target items at Goodwill in the past. At our Goodwill stores, the prices were close to retail, not anywhere near the clearance price offered atTarget. Around here, they're not great deals at all. I'm glad at your store they were discounted.

Alot of times our Goodwill stores are selling those items HIGHER than the last selling price at Target. I heard one lady in there arguing with the cashier one day that she wanted the item for the lower price on the target tag and they refused. Every once in a while we do find a deal on some target stuff at Goodwill, but not very often......usually our prices are higher......Glad yours prices better!

I have Target items at my GoodWill some of the merchandise is pricey. But I have found some deals as well. My latest deals were an IPOD Touch 8gb for $79.99, Kodak Zi8 $49.99, Poloroid t1035 $49.99, Flip video recorder $79.99, and Samsung Blu-Ray player $34.99. This is some of my latest deals but I get some great finds all the time.:)

I think it is a mix. I used to get really good deals on the Target stuff at Goodwill, however, I don't see that happening anymore. For example, the step 2 kitchen people were getting at Target for 25 was 60 at Goodwill. The problem is Target does not donate these items, Goodwill purchases these items at a deep discount. I think each store individually prices their items so if you can find a store where they are reasonable it is great. I did get a new pair of Champion shoes from Target at Goodwill for 1.99. Can't beat that for a new pair of tennis shores for my nephews.

yeah, i have to say i know my target prices pretty well, and the housewares they are selling in Goodwill are crazy compared to Target's clearance, however i thought the clothing was great. Maybe it was because they had so much of it...Im going back next week to look for new stuff!:) Does anyone know if its a regional thing? Like, does Goodwill sell stuff from the local target? I was wondering if we would be getting any winter-y stuff at all in a few weeks, not much chance if we are only getting the stuff sold at the Orlando target.

Same here, my goodwill prices their Target merchandise at 50% off retail. If only the people buying it, knew that it had been cheaper than that when it was in Target. If it doesn't sell after 3 weeks though, they will mark it down to 75% off.

yeah, i have to say i know my target prices pretty well, and the housewares they are selling in goodwill are crazy compared to target's clearance, however i thought the clothing was great. Maybe it was because they had so much of it...im going back next week to look for new stuff!:) does anyone know if its a regional thing? Like, does goodwill sell stuff from the local target? I was wondering if we would be getting any winter-y stuff at all in a few weeks, not much chance if we are only getting the stuff sold at the orlando target.

i don't think so, at our gw i see lots of target stuff that the local stores were all out of. But i don't know for sure. I suppose when they buy it, it goes through some sort of central clearinghouse???

yes, Target donates the stuff they can't clearance out in their own store. And yes, Goodwill has that stuff priced higher than clearance on most times...it's funny to see the clearance tag from Target on the item lower (sometimes half) than the Goodwill price.

Every Goodwill is different, as the employees do the pricing (for the most part anyway). I often see the exact same item with 2 or even 3 different prices throughout Goodwill. I guess it depends on the mood of the pricer on any given day.

yes, Target donates the stuff they can't clearance out in their own store. And yes, Goodwill has that stuff priced higher than clearance on most times...it's funny to see the clearance tag from Target on the item lower (sometimes half) than the Goodwill price.

Every Goodwill is different, as the employees do the pricing (for the most part anyway). I often see the exact same item with 2 or even 3 different prices throughout Goodwill. I guess it depends on the mood of the pricer on any given day.

Target doesn't donate it, Goodwill buys it by the truckload.

The goodwill stores in my area vary in how they price it. The GW in the big retail area near the mall prices the stuff crazily high. The one in a more modest area prices it cheaply. Last week I got Converse sneakers for $1.00, Anna Sui for Target top for $1.00 and some Target brand clothing for $1.00 as well.

our goodwills price targets stuff likes its GOLD!! i did call all of them and ask if they had any itouches. i'm not sure the people working there even knew what they were!! they had never heard of them before and certainly had never sold one:) thanks though for making me think of that. under 100$ for an itouch is great!

Target doesn't donate it, Goodwill buys it by the truckload.

That may vary by location, because Target does donate their "unsold merchandise" to Goodwill.

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/bargainshopping/tp/Save_Money_at_Target.htm

Save Money at Target

8. Shop at Goodwill

What does shopping at Goodwill have to do with saving money at Target? Not much, but it does have a lot to do with saving money on Target merchandise. Since the retail giant frequently donates its unsold merchandise to Goodwill, a little thrift shopping could lead to big Target savings.

I love our Goodwill in Burton, MI. All Target kids clothes that come in are 49 cents up to 6x and 99 cents up to size 18 kids. I get some great deals on kids clothes that I COULD NEVER get at Target. So I guess it depends on your goodwill. Also some housewares stuff is high but if you say something they change them sometimes, they have for me a few times. I will say ummmm, these were 75% at Target a few weeks ago, how come they are so high here.