Verizon Help Please

Me and my husband signed a 2 year contract with Verizon in Aug-09 and I got a Rival. It had great reviews so I got it....well it freezes up all the time and when I charge it, it turn off. I call the CS number and all they said was they could send me a refurbished one. Well if the brand new one does not work I am worried that the refurbished one would be worse. We as of this weekend it froze up and I took the battery out (as usual) and not it will not work at all. I tried to charge it, but when I charge it the phone just cut on and off none stop. The guy at our local Verizon says it is a programing error. Is there anyway to get the verizon people to just let me get a different phone and sign a new 2 year contact on a phone that actually works or am I stuck with this one for 2 years?:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

does the rival have it's own warranty? I had a Motorola (will never get another) and after bringing it to verizon they replaced it with a new one. not refurbed.

the new one worked, but I still did not like the quality of it.

If you take the refurbed and it does not work, what kind of warranty will it have?

Have you tried updating it. I know mine and DH's both freeze and won't send text messages sometimes and after we update them they work great. Also have you tried taking the battery out for 1 minute the putting it back in and starting it up? I would try both these things.

For the most part I have had excellent customer service w/Verizon. My husband and I both have Rival's and love them.

As for the refurbished, they will send it to you next day air. They will warranty that one just as they did your new one. My son had problems w/his Voyager and was sent the refurbished ones. I will say he did finally end up w/the EnV Touch because after so many replacements in a short time period they replaced it w/a similar model. However, I think that was more the voyager than the fact that they were refurbished. I've had a friend that received a refurbished phone replacement and there was never any other problems.

I took it back to the verizon store and they replaced it. They said to bring it back if I have any trouble. Well I took my son to Best Buy and my phone is froze up again. I took the battery out for a few minutes and put it back in and it is working for now. This is how the other one done. I will give it some more time and see if it happens again.

Hi I work for verizon as a sales exec one unfortunately your stuck with it until at least august (primary line gets an anual upgrade) but you can try to contact motorolla and do it as a manuf. defect and it should be replaced with a brand new one you can always argue you bought a new phone and since it's not an insurance claim you should get a new one. I hope this helps but I recomend taking it to a corporate location with a tech center.

Okay, here is my update...I took my phone to the corporate store and the replaced it with a refurbished phone. I got to the next place I had to go and the phone was already freezing up. Well then I went to send a text and slide the keyboard out and it almost fell off. So today I took the replacement phone back to the store and they are overnighting me another on of the same phones. They noted my account and said if I have trouble with that one they will give me a new model. My question is what other phones are in the as model family as the Rival. I wander if they will let me pay the difference and get a more expensive phone?

I had problems with my verizon phones from the moment I got home. It wouldn't work in my home or outside my house. The phone wasnt strong enough to catch the signal or some blah blah like that. I called the CS# and had them start noting my account for every problem I was having. The phone started freezing up...got a new one in the store. 2 weeks later it was doing the same thing. Got another new one in store and before I even got out the door it messed up too. After 4 of the exact same phones they argreed to let me get a different model. I payed the difference for a better model. I would recommend constantly calling CS and having your account noted for all the problems. I also recommend finding out what it would cost to end your contract and if you continue to have problems get a different carrier. Good luck and keep calling until you get what you want. :)

Okay, here is my update...I took my phone to the corporate store and the replaced it with a refurbished phone. I got to the next place I had to go and the phone was already freezing up. Well then I went to send a text and slide the keyboard out and it almost fell off. So today I took the replacement phone back to the store and they are overnighting me another on of the same phones. They noted my account and said if I have trouble with that one they will give me a new model. My question is what other phones are in the as model family as the Rival. I wander if they will let me pay the difference and get a more expensive phone?

I had a problem like this once...it took going in 3 times with the same problem on that model before they gave me another model....I think that must be the standard....BUT they have always been nothing but nice!