Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Does anyone have an idea of how low the bulk stuff will go? I would love to pick up some diapers at even 50% but we're so stocked up already 15% isn't tempting enough for me. Also what days do they normally mark this stuff down?

This is the first year for that section at this time so I'm not sure anyone really knows how low it will go. I know there is some stuff at my store that is already 50% though, and I have found diapers at 50% off before. Though Target seems to be playing mind games this year with their clearance.

I went today and stocked up on Valentine's for next year. Didn't want to chance waiting until 75% off. Everything was just thrown into one aisle and you had to pick through stuff to find anything. They were already putting the Easter stuff up. I found some Valentine's plastic placemats that were over in the domestics area. They were 50% off too. I needed some new ones for the kids, so they work fine. I found some other stuff though at 75% off

### 207020320 Flash Focus DS game $4.98

### 207120090 Monsters Vs. Aliens Playstation 2 game $7.48

Our bulk section today (clothing and accessory bins) was between 50 and 75% off. The 75% off stuff included all the colorful zip-up sweatshirts for infants through boys and girls, plus the short-sleeved and long-sleeved t-shirts and flip-flops, in many colors. I got tons of sweatshirts for $1.50 and t-shirts for $.75. I think, but I am not positive, that some striped Tommy Hilfiger men's shirts were also 75% off (I didn't even know they carried these in the bulk section!) and some other men's colorful polos were 50% off...

Most of the bulk grocery/housewares/diaper/office supply stuff still appeared to be 30% off.

Edited by cokemeyer

Wow! What's up with Target this year? Maybe it will jump from 30% to 75%? Surely 2-21 isn't the date they they'll go 50% on the dollar spot, especially with Easter not that far away.

They've been doing it like that since Halloween and it must work out since they keep doing it. Some people are probably not noticing.

Went to 7 Targets and found VERY little Valentines stuff left at any of them. A few stashes were there. Others were looted already. bit of a bummer. Did find some good Easter stuff coming out.

Since the bulk items is a seasonal department that took the place of Global Bazaar, is it possible it will follow a similar mark down schedule that Global Bazaar followed?

Also, regarding Valentine clearance.

Keep in mind what happened with Chr-stmas.

They may get more merchandise delivered on trucks for a week or so, even though the holiday is passed. If you are going to Target anyway, keep checking.

If someone has the clearance schedule for various holidays throughout the year for different years, could you post them in one post? I would love to take them all and put them in to the first post of this thread.

Thanks!

Since the bulk items is a seasonal department that took the place of Global Bazaar, is it possible it will follow a similar mark down schedule that Global Bazaar followed?

They may get more merchandise delivered on trucks for a week or so, even though the holiday is passed. If you are going to Target anyway, keep checking.

If someone has the clearance schedule for various holidays throughout the year for different years, could you post them in one post? I would love to take them all and put them in to the first post of this thread.

Thanks!

It seems it may vary wildly store by store, since my store had tshirts and sweatshirts at 75% off and someone else just reported those were only 5% at their store. Then again, we have been dumped with about 50 inches of snow here in the last week and people are just now starting to get back into a routine, so it is possible that our Target is just desperate to move merchandise...

It seems it may vary wildly store by store, since my store had tshirts and sweatshirts at 75% off and someone else just reported those were only 5% at their store. Then again, we have been dumped with about 50 inches of snow here in the last week and people are just now starting to get back into a routine, so it is possible that our Target is just desperate to move merchandise...

We never got any of the clothes at all.

Thanks!

This is for Decatur, AL, but here are the dates that I have....

Christmas 07

Dec. 26th, 2007 = 50%

Dec. 31st, 2007 = 75%

Jan. 4th, 2007 = 90%

Christmas 08

Dec. 26th, 2008 = 50%

Dec. 30th, 2008 = 75%

Jan. 6th, 2009 = 90%

Jan. 2nd, 2009 = 75% Dollar Spot Christmas (black dot)

Christmas 09

Dec. 26th, 2009 = 50%

Dec. 31st, 2009 = 75% (black dollar spot too)

Jan. 5th, 2010 = 90%

Valentine's 08

Feb. 15th, 2008 = 50%

Feb. 18th, 2008 = 75%

Feb. 20th, 2008 = 90%

Valentine’s 09

Feb. 15th, 2009 = 50%

Feb. 17th, 2009 = 75% (red dot dollar spot too)

Feb. 21st, 2009 = 90%

Halloween 08

Nov. 1st, 2008 = 50%

Nov. 4th, 2008 = 75%

Nov. 8th, 2008 = 90%

Halloween 09

Nov. 1st, 2009 = 50%

Nov. 3rd, 2009 = 75%

Nov. 7th, 2009 = 90%

Toys 08

Jan. 10th, 2008 = 75%

Toys 09

Jan. 15th, 2009 = 75% on MOST toys some still 30-50%

Jan. 29th, 2009 = 75% on remaining toys

Toys 10

Jan. 15th, 2010 = 75% (Friday)

Baby 09

Jan. 19th, 2009 = 75% on MOST already clearanced

Jan. 26th, 2009 = 75% on remaining clearance

Not technically a clearance item, but at my store today they had Hefty gallon zipper bags with a "price cut" down to .99 for the 17 count boxes and there were .20 off peelies so they were only .80 a box- I got all four that were left. Might be worth checking for at your stores.

Also, V-day was 50%, pretty picked through but brownie mix left and some candy- lots of bags of hershey bliss and I had a 1.00 off one coupon for them. T-shirts and the bulk section 50% and 30% depending on what the item was- oh card table & chair sets were 50% off which was pretty good.

Tons of boxes of Crest whitestrips but only at 30% so I am holding out since I have a $7 off and $10 off coupon, hoping to snag a box or two at 50% and use the coupon

Got some GOOD deals today! The plain kids t-shirts that used to be in the bulk section were marked at $1.50 (on a rack in the boys section). I got to the register and they rang up $.75! Woo! So I went back after I paid to get more in every size to save and went back to the same cashier. These shirts rang up $1.50! We looked over my receipt and found that two colors in the size small rang up $.75, but one color was $1.50 and all of the larger sizes were $1.50. Weird. So, anyway, I at least got a bunch of small t-shirts for $.75 each! Also saw hoodies for $1.50, but those were picked over and couldn't find the sizes I needed.

Also found some Tide Free for $5.xx (50% off). Used a couple of coupons and got it for $3.xx and got a FREE Tide Stain Release (coupon from the 2/7 P&G).

I also picked up a few things from the bulk section at 30% off. Not rock-bottom prices, but cheaper than I could normally find them, so I bit.

V-Day still 50% off as expected.

Anyone have an idea when all of the Backugan toys will go 75% off? Maybe this Wed/Thurs?

Got some GOOD deals today! The plain kids t-shirts that used to be in the bulk section were marked at $1.50 (on a rack in the boys section). I got to the register and they rang up $.75! Woo! So I went back after I paid to get more in every size to save and went back to the same cashier. These shirts rang up $1.50! We looked over my receipt and found that two colors in the size small rang up $.75, but one color was $1.50 and all of the larger sizes were $1.50. Weird. So, anyway, I at least got a bunch of small t-shirts for $.75 each! Also saw hoodies for $1.50, but those were picked over and couldn't find the sizes I needed.

Also found some Tide Free for $5.xx (50% off). Used a couple of coupons and got it for $3.xx and got a FREE Tide Stain Release (coupon from the 2/7 P&G).

I also picked up a few things from the bulk section at 30% off. Not rock-bottom prices, but cheaper than I could normally find them, so I bit.

Anyone have an idea when all of the Backugan toys will go 75% off? Maybe this Wed/Thurs?

Not sure where you found yours, but if you can't find them in the bulk section, check the normal kids clothing sections too. I found all those colored hoodies and t-shirts marked at 75% off but they were all in the boys/girls clothing section just hanging in with the other sale clothes. I even found a couple boys Lauren Polo shirts for 75% off. Got them for my nephews. Lots of size medium red, orange, navy and white t-shirts for 75 cents. There were also Hilfiger hoodies hanging there too, but they looked like they ran small and I only saw mediums. This was in Stanly.

went to Target yesterday and the bulk section had been reduced, all the things in the bins were gone (I was there like last Thurs) don't know where it went, bunch of socks-are these in the appropriate sections now (like kids socks in kid clothing or ?) No Ed Hardy purses in our bulk but don't think there ever was.

I was at Target when the employees were marking down the bulk 75% off - the t-shirts, hoodies, purses, golf shirts for men, and last but what I liked most was kids flip - flops. They had sizes 12/13 small to large 3/4 youth marked $.25! So I stocked up - my kids are just those sizes! Their summer play is set. Got some good chocolate for me 50% from valentines too!

Went to our Belden Target today....very disappointing. Most bulk is just gone....still some stuff not yet marked and a few things 15-30%. Not much left in the red dot dollar 50% off. I guess it is good as I spent only $4.00. Hopefully the weather will get better so I can check the one in Massillon and Arlington Rd. I also don't see any of the dyson vacs either hmmm. Valentines stuff was 50% and candy was marked 30% but I didn't scan any as there wasn't much left....

Didn't notice any additional markdowns today. Bulk Dept is mostly 15% and 30%, with some 50% (Luggage, Ed Hardy, etc) and some 75% (kids t's and sweatshirts, VERY picked over). None of the things I have been stalking showed any movement (garage storage and drapery still 50%, lamps have pretty much disappered at 50%).

I saw some of those anniversary Dysons in the blue box, they are still lingering at around $300 (I think that is 30%?)

Did they have any girls bulk section stuff clearanced or is it mostly boys items? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what department the fireplace tools would fall under for markdown. I'm trying to hold out for 75% off. TIA.

Sorry, don't know which day. But I found them at 75% off at the end of last week. This was only at one of the several stores I shop, so I would keep checking this week.