Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

For those of you whose stores are 50% - I scanned several toy items and they registered 50% off on the Red Scanner. But when I asked an employee to scan it with the PDA, they came up 75%. So make sure to ask someone to scan if toys are showing 50%. Don't know why, but this happened in 3 stores........

Also, please remember, if you didn't get what you want, check back in a couple of days. Some of us will be returning stuff. LOL, so you'll have a second chance!!!!

Just wanted to add to this that not just any employee with a PDA can do this. Most all of them have PDAs, but ONLY the pricing team's PDAs will adjust the price down. So when looking for one with a PDA make sure they have a PDA and a printer either attached to their belt or in a buggy near them. At least that's how it is at my store, because I've taken the same item to a regular team member with a PDA and they scanned it and said the price was correct. Then I found a pricing team member and they scanned it and it had gone to 75% off.

Here's a picture and a list of all of my finds today:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z117/elaineb1/DSC09880.jpg?t=1263597415

### Little Pet Shop Mall Madness game $6.24

### Dangling Charms Creations $3.87

### Light up disc shooter .98

### Nascar Helmet Racers $2.47

### Counting Money Jar $2.50

### Nascar with Hauling Truck $3.74

### Micro Terrain Titans $3.74

### Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 DVD with 2 cars $1.48

### Spongebob Sorry game $4.48

### Exago game $6.24

### Spongebob Cranium game $4.48

### Dominos set in wooden case $1.48

### Little Pet Shop light up dome $2.97

### Nascar Hauler $4.97

### Velcro gripes w/ball for toss game $2.50

### Monopoly Theme Pack for dog lovers $2.48

### Matchbox Taxi Workday playset $3.24

### Matchbox Construction playset $3.24

### Wheel of Fortune electronic game $7.48

### Clue Carnival game $2.74

### Hot Wheels over the door hanging display $2.74

### Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 Battlekey Blast set $4.98

What a great day, I love this sale!!!!

Thanks so much for the updates! Sorry I couldn't talk much. I had to look so FAST! LOL We're going to eat Greenbriar tonight! I'm hoping to sneak off to the Unv. Dr. Target!!! :) Thanks so much!!!!

You're very welcome! I always send a mass family and friend text so it was no problem. Plus it was fun to meet someone else from this board!!

I meant to ask you this morning, but are you from Decatur? I'm from Somerville, but we are in the process of purchasing a house in Hartselle.

Hey, do you do Facebook? I do a lot of updates of my finds on there if you want to find me on there http://www.facebook.com/Timswife81404?ref=profile

Edited by Timswife81404

Can someone tell me when the dora adventure hut and other play huts will go 75% off, I thought this would happen with the toys but these are only 50% off at my store.

They didn't even go 50% yet, so it could be a few weeks. They are considered Sporting Goods rather than toys. Sometimes after Christmas they'll skip the 50% drop, but in my experience, these usually go through the whole cycle. I feel your pain. We are waiting for the Star Wars one (the big one, not the small one). DS had one from last Christmas, but it got destroyed. I will only replace it at 75%.

75% northern CA. Got there right as they were marking down. Also hit West Sac & Riverside. Had to go home as neither my friend or I had any room left at all..Even trying to decide if we wanted to buy rope to strap stuff to the top of the car!

We did get the Step 2 kitchens,petshop,and a few other things that were mentioned as well.

###Little tikes Easy Store Jr Slide 204090340 $11.24

###Little tikes Climb n Slide 204090510 $17.48

###Printies 086000920 $4.98

###Little people pink castle playset 204033051 $8.74

###FIsher price laugh & Learn Farm 2041000209 $19.98

Edited by Gator Pam

LOL!! I almost asked a couple people this morning if they were Meredith but I chickened out! :tongue1:

Hey Lisa, Thanks for letting me know about this morning. I was able to get a lot of toys for 100.00 dollars as well as a couple of clothing items for my DD. It truly was a great day at Target. Do you plan on going to the one in Covington?

It was so funny that I went up to two people saying " Hi i'm Meredith, are you Lisa" They both said no:no: LOL

I stopped at the one on my way home that just started marking around 1! Looked like a tornado had went through and every single item I wanted was gone! I was very disappointed and left empty handed! :( Glad I got some stuff at another store at lunch or I would have been really depressed!

It is fun reading about everyone's toy hunts and great finds here, even though I am not in the market for toys right now!

I've been mostly looking for kitchenwares. I did manage to score one 75% off frying pan, it was a Kitchenaid 10" nonstick for $5.XX. It was hanging in the aisle and not marked (yep, I was looking for "oddballs", that's how I found the Christmas tape!). There were also some Bialetti frying pans that were 75% off/not marked. For those looking, the Kitchenaid pans were black on the outside, and the Bialetti ones were red on the outside and called "Bella".

Also scored some workout clothes 75% off (a zip-up jacket and some stretch capris).

I find it frustrating that when I went to my Target store in Kansas right when they unlocked the doors at 8am, there were workers inside (who were supposedly clocked out) piling toys into their carts to purchase. So they were basically buying the marked down toys before the store even opened and the rest of us were left with barely anything to choose from! Is that really fair!

According to the manager I deal with that is hanging offense! If he catches any of his employees doing this they will be X employees!

Got the following yesterday:

###204030206 Fisher-Price Little People Play & Go School $5.50

Got the these today:

###086120593 Fisher-Price Bouncy Bee $3.24

###204090079 Fisher-Price Little People Time to Learn Ride On $9.18

Visited the 48th St. store in Lincoln, NE yesterday & got the play school. I'm not sure the original price so don't know if it was 30-50 or 75% off.

Today couldn't get there until afternoon so I wasn't real hopeful. I had see the riding toy @ the 48 St. store yesterday so started there. Nope. But did get the bouncy bee. Then finally found the riding toy at the Super Target. I was really, really happy because everything was totally picked over. I found it in with the regular priced riding toys! Now I am all set for a DGD's 1st birthday in June. 3 nice FP toys for under $20 is sure a winner!

And slightly OT -- I can't believe the stuff that some of you were finding at your Targets. I never saw most of that around here, even at 30%.

Edited by Norma Hyle
add a word

I know its a lot to ask but if anyone finds 2 of the christmas story trains, can someone please purchase for me and I'll pay for all charges. I went to two stores today after work and neither had it, I will try again tomorrow. I did get 2 or 3 smart cycle cartridges (Scooby Doo and Bob the Builder), I'll look later to see who wanted them. I will post what I bought late today or tomorrow once I'm able to smuggle it inside.

75% northern CA. Got there right as they were marking down. Also hit West Sac & Riverside. Had to go home as neither my friend or I had any room left at all..Even trying to decide if we wanted to buy rope to strap stuff to the top of the car!

We did get the Step 2 kitchens,petshop,and a few other things that were mentioned as well.

Little tikes Easy Store Jr Slide 204090340 $11.24

Little tikes Climb n Slide 204090510 $17.48

Printies 086000920 $4.98

Little people pink castle playset 204033051 $8.74

FIsher price laugh & Learn Farm 2041000209 $19.98

Was the climb n slide the climb n slide castle?? That has a castle look to it??

Can someone tell me when the dora adventure hut and other play huts will go 75% off, I thought this would happen with the toys but these are only 50% off at my store.

They didn't even go 50% yet, so it could be a few weeks. They are considered Sporting Goods rather than toys. Sometimes after Christmas they'll skip the 50% drop, but in my experience, these usually go through the whole cycle. I feel your pain. We are waiting for the Star Wars one (the big one, not the small one). DS had one from last Christmas, but it got destroyed. I will only replace it at 75%.

Well, after answering you earlier, I went back to check on a Star Wars Lego set that I hid a couple of weeks back. I had to move it this AM before it got marked as they were rearranging the aisle where it was hidden. I got it! Very pleased.

Anyway, I checked the tents at this store and they were 50%. I went ahead and got the one for DS, but I noticed the one you want was also 50%.

Printies 086000920 $4.98

I was wondering what time you got there?

This is the first year I have really hit Target Clearance right when they are marking down. Got to the first target a little late (around 10:30) and there was a woman and I assume her daughter just leaving the toy dept with about 3 buggies absolutely overflowing. So disappointed. But I did do ok. The other targets I stopped at where pretty much picked over by the time I got there.

I have a question though. Will they continue to add newer toys to the 75% stuff, or is what gets marked down today pretty much it?

This is the first year I have really hit Target Clearance right when they are marking down. Got to the first target a little late (around 10:30) and there was a woman and I assume her daughter just leaving the toy dept with about 3 buggies absolutely overflowing. So disappointed. But I did do ok. The other targets I stopped at where pretty much picked over by the time I got there.

I have a question though. Will they continue to add newer toys to the 75% stuff, or is what gets marked down today pretty much it?

Some stores still have stuff in the back, but most don't seem to. However, people continue to return stuff, and there are always new things showing up, it seems. Plus there are the people who buy several of an item at 50%, then return them all at 75% hoping to get them when they re-shelve them. Sometimes you can get really lucky when that happens.

Printies 086000920 $4.98

wow... you were lucky .. i have been looking for that step 2 kitchen but it had vanished from stores in my area at 50%..

i did score with Trio Kings castle .. marked for 18.74 and had a $10 coupon on it... got it for $8.74 DS is gonna be really happy...:)

LOL!! I almost asked a couple people this morning if they were Meredith but I chickened out! :tongue1:

you should make up a gottadeal button and wear it when your shopping, it will help identify others

Or get a GottaDeal shirt!

I wear mine so much, it has been relegated to a house shirt, as I've worn holes in to it. :cry2:

Well, after answering you earlier, I went back to check on a Star Wars Lego set that I hid a couple of weeks back. I had to move it this AM before it got marked as they were rearranging the aisle where it was hidden. I got it! Very pleased.

Anyway, I checked the tents at this store and they were 50%. I went ahead and got the one for DS, but I noticed the one you want was also 50%.

Which Star Wars Lego set are you talking about? DS is a HUGE lego and Star Wars fan...if this is a hidden one at my store I would be LOVE to find it!! TIA

Our Chesapeake Va Target has some toys 30% some 50% and some 75% I scanned to be sure. It is very picked over. I did get two FP ride ons for my grandson and nephew for next Dec. (Birthday or Christmas) for $9.98 each. They look like ice cream trucks. I hope to go to another Target tomorrow but I am not sure I'll have the time.