Quality of Clothing??

jennybeanfrog

Has anyone noticed the decline in the quality of the Kohl's "house" brands of clothing (Sonoma, Croft & Barrow, Apt. 9)?

I have recently purchased a few shirts and they lasted about one wash cycle. They faded and shrunk badly.

I have done a TON of shopping at Kohls over the past year, but have gotten discouraged lately and think that, from now on, I am going to stick to the Levi's, Dockers, Chaps, etc and that will ONLY be during 30% off time. I recently found TONS of name brand (Calvin Klein, Tommy, Polo) at Macy's on clearance for cheaper than some of the stuff that Kohls has "on sale".

I actually have two Croft & Borrow sweaters right now from Kohls - of the nicer cotton though I think - and they've held up decently and they're pretty soft still.

A lot of the other clothes, I do pause before I think about buying it. I'm pretty particular about clothing quality. Some of the other Croft & Borrow sweaters I tried on just didn't feel right.

I have noticed a decline in most department stores. Funny thing is, I've started to see some fairly stylish items at Walmart lately, and good quality too!

I am a bigger guy so I have to shop big and tall sizes. That is discouraging! Hardly anyone sells stylish big and tall sizes. I'm tired of them assuming all big guys want to wear are oversized shirts with dumb sayings on them like "Big Man on Campus", lol!