Need suggestions on Practical/Personal Items Stocking stuffer suggestions

noehlp

So, I've decided to make stockings a little different this year. I want to go with Personal Items for the kids. I need ideas, plus, if you know of a good/cheapo way to get some of them, feel free to post that too! I'm tired of the kids' using my stuff all the time when they are too lazy to find theirs or have run out.

Btw, I've got 2 girls, 14 and 8, and 1 boy who is 12.

Here's what I'm planning, add anything you can suggest:

• Deodorant - anyone know of good coupons to clip for these? Should prob watch Walgreens
  • Brush and comb
  • Nail Clippers (I swear walgreens sometimes has these for like $0.39)
  • Nail files for girls
  • Nail polish for girls
  • Tag body spray for Trevor
  • Mini body spray/spray perfume for girls, glitter body spray - I'm thinking Ulta? Or maybe if VS gets a real good deal
  • Makeup - girls
  • Hairspray and Hair Gel - girls, but maybe a gel for Trevor
  • Lanyard for Trevor, maybe Katy too - Hmmm... Wonder if I can find a WWE or San Diego Charger's one
  • Tooth brushes
  • Floss
  • Mouth Wash mini's
  • Band Aids w/a Theme
  • Hair Ties and stretchy head bands for girls
  • Chapsticks or Carmex
  • Disposable Razor - Katy

I DO need a few more ideas for sure for Trevor's stocking, as he won't be getting make up, nail polish or files, poor fella! lol

I will be also throwing candy in there too.

Edited by noehlp
updated list

If you think Trevor will be willing to learn, I suggest a full manicure and pedicure kit. The girls can use polish to hide any nail problems, but I think a well groomed male includes properly manicured finger and toe nails.

In fact, if the kids all enjoy going to sleep overs, perhaps get each of them their own toiletry kit which has those mini empty bottles to put shampoo and conditioner in, as well as a toothbrush holder and soap caddy.

Beorn honestly started growing facial hair at 12. While he still has yet to use a razor himself due to sensory issues, perhaps for Trevor an inexpensive small electric razor, or maybe a mustache trimmer, would be a gift he could anticipate using in the future. Perhaps a curling iron for your older daughter and maybe some old fashioned plastic curlers for your younger one to have fun playing around with their hair.

If Trevor doesn't already have, you may want to toss in a lanyard with an ID holder attached. Beorn keeps his restricted license and high school ID in his, as well as using it to carry around his flash drive.

That's all I have at the moment. If anything else strikes me, I'll post some more.

So, I've decided to make stockings a little different this year. I want to go with Personal Items for the kids. I need ideas, plus, if you know of a good/cheapo way to get some of them, feel free to post that too! I'm tired of the kids' using my stuff all the time when they are too lazy to find theirs or have run out.

Btw, I've got 2 girls, 14 and 8, and 1 boy who is 12.

Here's what I'm planning, add anything you can suggest:

• Deodorant - anyone know of good coupons to clip for these? Should prob watch Walgreens
  • Brush and comb
  • Nail Clippers (I swear walgreens sometimes has these for like $0.39)
  • Nail files for girls
  • Nail polish for girls
  • Tag body spray for Trevor
  • Mini body spray/spray perfume for girls - I'm thinking Ulta? Or maybe if VS gets a real good deal
  • Makeup - girls
  • Hairspray and Hair Gel - girls, but maybe a gel for Trevor

I DO need a few more ideas for sure for Trevor's stocking, as he won't be getting make up, nail polish or files, poor fella! lol

I will be also throwing candy in there too.

Start couponing!!! All of that stuff is free or nearly free with coupons- and the good, fancy stuff, too.

The make-up and nail stuff is always free or very close with coupons. I picked up 120 bottles of the expensive Sally Hansen stuff (normally $8 per bottle) for Kate for about -$10 a couple of months ago.

There are always coupons for Got2B and Aussie products, along with Fructis. Got2B has a great boys' line. There are also lots of q's for Tag and Axe products.

Also, if you can wait until the week of, Wags and Target have started marking down their holiday stuff before the holiday this year. Chances are it will get cheaper before and if you have some good q's, you can load up.

Check out the Degree and Dove body sprays- always q's for those.

What about:

toothbrushes

toothpaste

cutesy bandaids

hair ties

(this is all stuff I've stocked up on for free with coupons this year)

-- glitter body spray for the face/hair for the 8 year old. (Maybe the 14 year old too..depending on where you live. I have seen teenagers in some regions use it, and in other regions steer clear of it.)

-- I assume under "make up" you would have lip gloss/balm

-- Spray hair coloring for Trevor--for the school dance etc. (blue or green is always "safe" color to pick up for boys.)

-- Toothbrush/paste/mouthwash ??

You guys are GOOD!

I guess I should buy a newspaper tomorrow for the coupons.

And yes, definitely toothbrushes! Love the glitter spray idea! And hair ties and bandaids, esp one's that they'd like. I KNOW FOR SURE, they could each use a box. Trust me, I think we go thru 2 boxes a month it seems. LOVE the lanyard idea too!

And yes, you all know me, I DO want to make this as cheap as I can, so I plan on trying to find the best/cheapest route for each item, combining coupons with store sales.

Not so sure on the razor idea for Trevor, maybe next year. I don't know. I just know his own father didn't have facial hair until he was like 22 or so, and then it wasn't much at all. I assume guys grow it around when their fathers did? Either way, so far, nothing to shave yet.

I do want to get Katy some more disposables.

Keep your ideas coming please. I'll try to update my list with the ideas that I Definitely will be using too. TIA!

I just got a coupon in the mail from B&BW for $10 off $10. And I got one from VS for a free product (up to like $13, I think).

Target has some cute little packs of nail files. They almost look like matchbook. There's about 20 or so in a pack and they break off for use. The pack is pink -- I think it's call "Little Miss Manicure" or something similar.

For the girls body spray and such -- VS will have sales...8 for $24, I think? I stocked up over the summer with a sale like that. ;)

What about travel size products?

I'll have to check around for coupons. I'm sure this is all stuff you can get for relatively cheap. :yup:

There is just one insert this week, the P&G. Here's what's in it (for a large city's paper)

PROCTER & GAMBLE

Align Product $5 (12-31-09)

Bounty Towels or Napkins, any size .25 (12-31-09)

Charmin Bathroom Tissue, any size .25 (12-31-09)

Covergirl Product $1 (12-31-09)

Crest Toothpaste, 4.1 oz+ or liquid gel (excluding Crest Extra White Plus Scope Outlast) .75 (12-31-09)

Crest Whitestrips Advanced Seal, 14 count $7 (12-31-09)

Crest Whitestrips Premium, Pro-Effects, Daily Multicare, Daily Whitening+Tartar Protection (excludes Classic) $5 (12-31-09)

Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay Beauty, any size .50 (12-31-09)

Dawn, any size .25 (12-31-09)

Febreeze Air Effects $1 (12-31-09)

Febreeze Candle $2 (12-31-09)

Febreeze Flameless Luminary Refill $1 (12-31-09)

Febreeze Flameless Luminary Starter Kit $3.50 (12-31-09)

Fixodent, 1.2 oz+ .50 (12-31-09)

Gillette Body Wash, 12oz+ $1 (12-31-09)

Gillette Deodorant Product (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Gillette Fusion Razor $4 (12-31-09)

Gillette Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Gillette Shave Prep Product (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Herbal Essences Shampoo, Conditioner or Styler (except trial size) .50 (12-31-09)

Metamucil Product $1 (12-31-09)

Nice n Easy Hair Color Product $1 (12-31-09)

Olay Body Lotion Free wyb Olay Body Wash(excludes trial size) (12-31-09)

Olay Facial Moisturizer or Facial Cleanser (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Olay Regenerist Facial Moisturizer or Facial Cleanser (excludes trial size) $3 (12-31-09)

Old Spice After Shave or Cologne, 4.25 oz FREE, WYB 3 old Spice Deodorants (excluding trial size) (12-31-09)

Old Spice Body Spray FREE, WYB 3 Old Spice Deodorants or Body Washes (excluding trial size) (12-31-09)

Old Spice Deodorants or Body Washes (excluding trial size) $1 on 2 (12-31-09)

Old Spice Fragrance Gift Set $1 (12-31-09)

Oral-B Floss Picks, 45 ct. + or Oral-B Satin Floss or any Crest Glide Product $1 (12-31-09)

Oral-B Pulsonic, Professional Care or Sonic Complete Rechargeable Toothbrush $10 Rebate (mail-in) (12-15-09) (12-31-09)

Oral-B refill, 3 ct.+ $5 (12-31-09)

Oral-B Stages or Zooth Manual or Power Toothbrushes $1 on 2 (12-31-09)

Oral-B Stages or Zooth or Kids Crest Toothpastes or Liquid Gels $1 on 2 (12-31-09)

Pampers Diapers or Pants, any $1.50 (12-31-09)

Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive, Swaddlers, Cruisers, or Extra Protection Diapers, any $2 (12-31-09)

Pantene Products (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Pantene Styling Product or Treatment (excludes trial size) $1 (12-31-09)

Pepto Product .50 (12-31-09)

Prilosec OTC, 42-ct $7 on 2 .35 each (12-31-09)

Prilosec OTC, any size $3 (12-31-09)

Prilosec OTC, any size $1 (12-31-09)

Puffs Singles .25/3 or one multipack (12-31-09)

Pur or Pur Flavor Options System (Pitcher or Faucet mount), any $3 (12-31-09)

Pur Pitcher or Faucet Mount Replacement Filter Multi-Pack or Refrigerator Filter 1-Pack, any $3 (12-31-09)

Scope Mouthwash, 710ml+ .75 (12-31-09)

Tide to Go, any size .35 (12-31-09)

Tide, any size .35 (12-31-09)

Vicks NyQuil or DayQuil Product $1.50 (12-31-09)

Vicks Product (except NyQuil or DayQuil) .55 (12-31-09)

Not so sure on the razor idea for Trevor, maybe next year. I don't know. I just know his own father didn't have facial hair until he was like 22 or so, and then it wasn't much at all. I assume guys grow it around when their fathers did? Either way, so far, nothing to shave yet.

I do want to get Katy some more disposables.

!

a little ot, but I always thought guys facial hair was inherited from the mothers side... so the maternal grandfather...

of course, my little guy is 9, so what do I know?

How'd you get the BBW and VS coupons? In email? Mail?

I just got a coupon in the mail from B&BW for $10 off $10. And I got one from VS for a free product (up to like $13, I think).

Target has some cute little packs of nail files. They almost look like matchbook. There's about 20 or so in a pack and they break off for use. The pack is pink -- I think it's call "Little Miss Manicure" or something similar.

For the girls body spray and such -- VS will have sales...8 for $24, I think? I stocked up over the summer with a sale like that. ;)

What about travel size products?

I'll have to check around for coupons. I'm sure this is all stuff you can get for relatively cheap. :yup:

What about the cans of foam soap? You can get it in pink/purple for girls and blue/green for your son. Your oldest daughter might be too old for it but my 11 yr old son loves it. When he takes a shower he uses it to grow his own facial hair lol. I've seen them at Walmart during the holidays and a lot of times at the Dollar Tree.

Oh and what about a comb and hairbrush set? That would be a gender neutral thing. Ok nevermind just saw the brush and comb set on your list:p

OOH What about sunglasses? You can always find lots of different styles of those at the Dollar Tree too.

Thought of something else, how about shower gel/body wash? I know around the holidays you can usually find a gift pack of different scents, you could divide it up between the 3 kids. And to go with the body wash you could go to the dollar tree and buy 3 different kinds of shower puff thingies, argh ya'll know what I'm talking about I just can't think of what they are called lol

Dang now I'm thinking of using some of these ideas for my own kids stockings!

Edited by Angelseyes28
adding more lol

sometimes at cvs they have sample size cologne for men and women.i always pick up the men stuff for my sons usually it is only $1.49 a sample they have roughly about 12 sprays in them.

i always stick in my sons stocking a new toothbrush and those floss sticks

i always go to a locoal candy store they make fresh candy i always get them something from there(it is usually chocolate dipped rice krispie treat)

one year i found a closeout special of post it notes in the shape of the kids first initial

hand sanitizers

Edited by dealluvr
add

Well, I have two girls, 13 and 16... I purchased them a henna kit for a stocking stuffer. I've always done practical stuff like you do, but this year I thought I'd throw that in too---and it doesn't last forever. But, my girls are very artistic, so I thought they could use the templates and do some of their own designs. Not everyone is into that, but a thought... Also got them some press on nail designs---and they have asked for the nail polish pens, as they like to do their own nail designs too.

cute change purses for the girls

sea monkeys who wouldnt love these!!!

make some homemade candy easy stuff and bag up a few of each for each kid

truffles,peanut butter cups,fudge

i think target had glitter type hand lotion and body sprays for $1 in the dollar spot

lottery tickets

key chain

Edited by dealluvr
add

My ideas...maybe some of these would be great for them to leave in their school lockers, which will probably need re-stocked by this time....

Odor Eaters (for those gym shoes)

Bod spray for guy (I find the Tag and Axe Products to be very strong and "hairspray" kind of potent, just IMO...) we really like the BOD products alot, they are not aerosol, maybe that is why....

tic tacs-less annoying teens with gum, crack, crack, crack...

single wet ones..to keep in purse or

the upright canister of wet ones....they can clean up a little locker mess or a spill on a binder that anti-bacterial cannot...

TIDE or SPOT stain pads or PENS to carry in purse or leave in locker for messy lunch days :rolleyes:

new cell phone case?

trendy contact lenses or glasses case ?

body mist and shower gel

thats all I got:D

I had another thought and yes it has to do with the Dollar Tree again. Hey my hubby is losing his job so the Dollar Tree is all I think about lately:p

Anyhow, how bout those washcloths that come shrink wrapped in different shapes? I've seen all different designs and that way each of your kids could have their own personal washcloths. I do this for my kids each year, that way when they start wearing out I don't feel bad about turning them into cleaning cloths cause they have new ones in their stockings:) I just got dinosaur ones for my son this year since he's always loved dinosaurs:yup: