OKLAHOMA prices not fair at Walmart

denisekraemer

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am so p***** at WM. Their Black Friday ad online is different for the state of Oklahoma. Apparently OKLAHOMA can not sell anything that is below the cost to make the product. For instance if a camera is advertised all over for $188 for Black Friday at Walmart, the stores in Oklahoma have to sell it for $199 the cost the store buys the item for. They wont price match for the online price..which is also $188.00. So now we either have to suck up the extra $11 or buy it online and wait for it to get here. This S***CKS!!:mad::mad::mad:

This has been discussed on here every year (and there are a few other threads about it this year somewhere).

It's your state's fault, not WM's. Same thing happens here in WI.

WM cannot do anything about it without breaking the law.

And you might not be able to buy it online either - that's how it worked when WM had the cheap DVDs and books earlier this month.

I don't see how buying it online would make it any different. How do they know where you are ordering from??

They have your shipping/billing address. WM does business in your state, so it doesn't matter if you buy it in a store in OK or they ship it to OK - the same state laws apply.

I live in WI and see the same thing here. For example, everyone else's $2 movies were $3.20 for us. I'm glad I got to see the local flyers before I went out - there are times that I don't get a chance to check and am disappointed at the higher price when I get to the store.

I was able to order $10 pre-release movies online. I used my account and card to pay, but had to have the movies shipped to family in Illionis were there is no minimum markup law. We aren't allowed to have them sent to us in WI.

Yes in Tulsa the prices matched the ads also. But I do have a question, why is Wal-Mart the only one affected by this law, because Target, Best Buy etc. don't have a issue with this law?

There prices mustt not be below the cost and that is why they don't have an issue, that is the only reason I can think of.