The Final Word for BF items

JasonAnna09

Alright,

Every WM unless controlled by some local ordinance will be open Thanksgiving Eve into BF.

Tickets will be handed out for BF items starting at midnight.

You can get more than one BF doorbuster item, as long as you have a ticket.

In addition to the Hot Item maps, stores will have maps with the location of EVERY BF item listed.

If you have a ticket for a BF item, you will get it.

This is one of the best plans I've seen from WM.

Most every customer I've told this to loves the idea. Should eliminate brawls and crowds for items.

Once you have your ticket, as it gets close to 5am, there will be que lines setup for you to get your larger items.

I just called my local Walmart, and was told that tickets would be handed out at 0500, that they would be forming lines at midnite. We are planning to be there at 9 pm Thanksgiving nite. The $199 laptop is not on the map of my store, they said they don't know where it will be yet, but should know by 9 pm tomorrow.

I forgot, they also said the potty passes will be for only 10 minutes.

OMG! Are u serious??? :confused: I understand the issue of trampling and applaud WM for trying crowd control but 10 minute potty breaks?? Give me a break! Are we in elementary school? Hope nobody goes to WM with diarrhea...:blush: hehe

I guess all WM's are different because the store I work for is going to have "Big Ticket" lines forming at 1AM local time. When you get into the line you will be given a piece of paper indicating which line you're in. If you must leave the time limit is 15 minutes.

There will be maps at the front as you come in indicating where "event" items will be located. Of course, each store has a different manager but the rules shouldn't deviate too much.

If it wasn't for me working at WM I would be home in a toasty warm bed. I'm not into the drama BF brings out of people. I do laugh a lot. It's the best day to people watch and trade stories in the breakroom of the customers we have encountered.

I guess all WM's are different because the store I work for is going to have "Big Ticket" lines forming at 1AM local time. When you get into the line you will be given a piece of paper indicating which line you're in. If you must leave the time limit is 15 minutes.

There will be maps at the front as you come in indicating where "event" items will be located. Of course, each store has a different manager but the rules shouldn't deviate too much.

If it wasn't for me working at WM I would be home in a toasty warm bed. I'm not into the drama BF brings out of people. I do laugh a lot. It's the best day to people watch and trade stories in the breakroom of the customers we have encountered.

lol I bet u do see alot of funny things. I bet u could write a WM BF Funniest Moments book! People do act crazy on BF. I guess everyone is grumpy from being up so early on their day off.

I just called my Walmart and they said that they are aware that many are opening at Midnight, but they are not opening until 5:00. She said they are going to be letting in 20-25 people at a time. So I guess it'll be waiting outside again for me! This could be a huge advantage if I can get in on the first group, and get to my TV quickly, then move on to smaller things like DVDs. This is Simi Valley, CA.

Quite funny to see all this deviation. The whole point WM was hoping to create from this new plan was standardizing it so all stores had the same plan. Although, I've still talked to several managers at my store who still don't have a clue, lol. From the store manager today I was told, "all tickets will be handed out starting no earlier than midnight, and all stores are doing that".

Remember though, there are a few rogue managers out there who are stuck in their ways, so that's where you get the deviation.

Trust me, when you work in my job (loss prevention) and your whole existence is protecting thr inventory, you better believe I am going to know where it is going to be and how people can get to it.

I do agree, the potty passes are a bit dumb. However, WM didn't come up with this plan. They hired a firm that does crowd control for the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, etc.

I just called my Wal-mart, and they said that you can get the I-pod touch with $50 gift card starting at midnight because it is not a doorbuster. I have my doubts that that will be the case when I get there, but I guess I'll go and see because that's the only big ticket item I want. And thanks JasonAnna09 for the info!

I just called my Wal-mart, and they said that you can get the I-pod touch with $50 gift card starting at midnight because it is not a doorbuster. I have my doubts that that will be the case when I get there, but I guess I'll go and see because that's the only big ticket item I want. And thanks JasonAnna09 for the info!

If that is the case then I will be so happy. I hate to wait until 5am for a non doorbuster. The ipod touch is the only thing that I want.

As stated in the above posts, if the item is a 5am doorbuster, you can get a ticket for it or if it is a smaller item you can have it in your cart but CANNOT buy it until 5am.

If it is an ALL DAY item you can buy it any time after midnight.

And the hot items are listed on the map that WM provided on its website. There is a thread called "Link to Hot Item Map" here on Gotta Deal that let's you see the map.

The whole purpose of this new BF plan is to eliminate mobs, trampling, fights, etc. The items will be spaced out in various locales in the store to help disperse the crowds and spread people out.

As stated in the above posts, if the item is a 5am doorbuster, you can get a ticket for it or if it is a smaller item you can have it in your cart but CANNOT buy it until 5am.

If it is an ALL DAY item you can buy it any time after midnight.

And the hot items are listed on the map that WM provided on its website. There is a thread called "Link to Hot Item Map" here on Gotta Deal that let's you see the map.

The whole purpose of this new BF plan is to eliminate mobs, trampling, fights, etc. The items will be spaced out in various locales in the store to help disperse the crowds and spread people out.

You know whats funny, is at my local store, they actually are putting almost all of the items in one row in an aisle between the food and clothing..just like last year. This was horrible as someone passed out due to the large crowds and ambulances had to come. I can see it being a disaster yet again..

You know whats funny, is at my local store, they actually are putting almost all of the items in one row in an aisle between the food and clothing..just like last year. This was horrible as someone passed out due to the large crowds and ambulances had to come. I can see it being a disaster yet again..

I would call 1800walmart and let them know! They aren't supposed to be doing that, it defeats the purpose of this whole new BF plan. All stores are supposed to be dispersing the items according to the hot item maps.

Just got this deal at my walmart today!:rwb: Yeah Walmart:rwb:

Looking at the fine print on the back of the ad....

Pages 1-23 - 5 am till 11 am

Pages 24-31 All Day Fri

Page 32 All Day Saterday

So I guess I will take my ad with me just in case I might have any trouble :o, I have to be at work at 4 am on fri :( ,waiting till 5 am its in my cards.....:confused:

Just got back from picking up something I forgot for thanksgiving, they were just about set-up for tomorrow. There were 2 giant yellow mylar baloons marking the 10 big ticket items locations. It also appears they have moved a lot of the middle of the floor displays, and it even looks like they have, somehow, widened the aisles where the doorbusters will be. There were already several black wrapped palettes on the floor. This is at a southwest VA walmart.

at my walmart in sw va im in the 19in tv line and was told absolutely no tickets will be handed out before 5am...and yea 15 min potty passes if ur gone for longer than that you lose ur place and no you cant have a friend tag team you so you can leave for a while lol i grilled management so id know what the hanna was goin on..were always the last to know..

bathroom passes are for fifteen minutes. You are not to leave the store you have to stay. We will start handing out tickets once people show up for an item once you have your tiocket you will be in line and are not to get out of line. Least wise at our walmart and I work there I am at the entrance to a line.