In-store or shipping

lynchbaby

When buying items online starting today at say stores like Sears and BestBuy and Walmart is it a good idea to set it up as in-store pick up or should one have it shipped?

I like in-store because it saves on shipping and allows me to do a little shopping while picking up.

I've only had experience with Walmart...it's great in that you don't have to pay shipping, but last year when I went to pick up my stuff a week after BF it wasn't the best of experiences: I was the only one in line, but it took them almost 20 minutes to find 'all' my stuff (3 DVDs, a toy, & a set of food storage containers)

with sears I'd do shipping although can always go to store if it falls through. I've had too many orders through them with store pick up cancelled after verifying stock only to go into store to pick up other items and find the thing is in stock. sears has free shipping over 60 i think

I've only had experience with Walmart...it's great in that you don't have to pay shipping, but last year when I went to pick up my stuff a week after BF it wasn't the best of experiences: I was the only one in line, but it took them almost 20 minutes to find 'all' my stuff (3 DVDs, a toy, & a set of food storage containers)

my walmart site to store is usually empty but they are SLOW. takes them 5 minutes to show up (never had an associate at the desk when I show up) and then another 20 minutes or so to find items between playing with tape and other things processing order email and just general chatting etc amongst each other.