Arriving at Walmart

Shamonica38663

usually about 3. I shop around for things I can price match from other stores, find things on the floor on sale that arent on pallets then line up for my items

this year it is the DS lite for my son and my mom is doing my clothing items. She keeps the cart and I am going to use a cloth shopping bag to put my items in to be able to get out of there faster. You all know the traffic jam of shopping cars in electronics right...

I always get there right before the sale starts. Like 5 or so minutes. I am going to check out the cheap Wii games, DVDs, hoodies, jeans, and some other small things like games.

Nothing too major, but yeah, the electronics dept. is nuts. Last year I had to ditch my cart by the auto dept. just so I could walk and look at the dvds. Then I went and got my cart again. lol

I believe the DS lites that are on sale BF have different model or SKU numbers. The reason I think this is one of the DS lites is the black (onyx) one that was discontinued back in Feb, also the pink one could be the original pink one and not the (new) metallic pink one (I have the original pink one). Just a little heads up! ;)

careful with the bag ideas....no one wants to spend BF explaining you werent concealing un-purchased merchandise...I know in some larger towns backpacks and even diaper bags are no-nos in stores.

Working in Asset Protection for Wm, I can honestly say, "I hate those bags!". Lol! They are great for the environment but have made my job ten times tougher than it already is. The real theives love those bags, lol. Id probably be following her around if she was loading up a cloth bag on BF at my store, lol!

But whatever works for ya:) Gotta laugh though, it is good for your heart...

I'm hoping that the GPS units will be a part of the online sale. If they are....then I will probably show up at WM at nearly 5. If they aren't...then probably an hour or two before opening at the most. I'm not big on waiting in line to save money...

The BF ad is now on Walmart.com and if you click on the items in the ad, they tell you if they're available online, in-store, or both.

The GPS units are both online and in-store. :)

You can also print your BF maps for your local store. lol

Thanks for the picture of the pallet of ds lites. now at least i know i dont have to stand IN electronics.

The bag I am just gonna use to get the electronics i need in that area then transfer the stuff into my cart. I just dont want to drop anything while i am being pushed and shoved. If a CM or another worker is right there I will let them know.

My walmart removed all ds lites out of the case so you couldnt buy it and price adjust.

Well this is actually what they look like

http://ydkjman.com/dslite1.jpg

Hmm...they look dark blue in the pic, are they black? Looks like they might all be the discontinued ones: Crimson Red, Onyx Black, Polar White and Coral Pink. Which is fine with me, I've been looking for the Black one everywhere! ;)

Does any one know if Wal-mart will let you do a price adjustment on the DS Lites if you were to buy them now and then take them back in on Friday during the sale and return them and re buy them to get the $98 price ?

I called my local Walmart, and they said it will have a different sku number....so no, you can't do it. That is what I had planned too.:(

FYI, our Walmart said they will not allow any bring back for price advustments since the blitz items are totally different from the regular stocked items. They said the regular stock items they pay more for and the blitz they got a special deal on, so they would not allow folks to "try to beat the rush" by buing early and getting PA that day Just thought I'd let you know. YMMV

Also I read I think on Targets ad they will not have the return center even open so no exchanges there. It may have been K-mart, not sure. It was in the circular.

Hmm...they look dark blue in the pic, are they black? Looks like they might all be the discontinued ones: Crimson Red, Onyx Black, Polar White and Coral Pink. Which is fine with me, I've been looking for the Black one everywhere! ;)

They are blue. And just so everyone knows they are actually the same UPC's that are on the shelf as of Saturday.

Since my Walmart is opening at 4:00 I'll probably get there about 3:00 or so, after a Dunkin Donuts run, of course! Disappointed to see the map only lined out where the electronics would be and not more specifically the toys. Last year while in line an employee handed out maps highlighting every item that was on sale and where you could find it. It made it so much easier for me to find the toys they had on sale.

But I have a feeling I already know where I can find them--probably where the toys were last year, right in the middle of the aisle. I noticed too that the electronics on sale at my Walmart are going to be located right in the most obvious place--in the electronics department! I'll be staying away from that area! lol!