Questions about online Black Friday shopping? Post them in here!

Brad

We'll use this thread to try and answer any questions about online Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) shopping that you may have.

Note: if your question is something like "Will this store have their BF items online?" or "What time will this store put their items online?" or "Will this particular item be offered online?", you probably won't get an answer in here.

We're going to post whatever info we have in the threads in this forum. So find the thread for your site and see what information we have. If there isn't a thread yet for your store, be patient. Once we have firm information, a thread will be created.

Not really a question, but just wanted to say that I like the way you have the store logo/sign next to each thread; really makes it easier to find the store you're looking for.

Yeah I'm going to try to quickly make a few more for the "big" stores and sites, just to make things easier to spot.

Being new to the Black Friday online thing here are my questions:

1.) How long does it normally take for the item to get to you?

B.) Do they charge for shipping?

5.) Will they ship out of country?

F.) Circut City used to have that order online and pick up in store thing. Does any store still do this?

F.) Circut City used to have that order online and pick up in store thing. Does any store still do this?

1) That will depend on which online store, and on which item and how well their warehouse is stocked. The fastest shipper for me in the past has always been Amazon.

B) Most do, unless you qualify for free shipping for spending X amount of dollars, if the store offers that.

5) Can't help ya on that questions

F) Walmart has site-to-store, Sears has pick up at store, as does Ace Hardware.

Does anyone know if I put items in my cart ahead of time will the prices adjust on their own when they implement the Black Friday prices or will it not work that way. I'm looking at trying online at Sears, Kohl's, & Officemax. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Niccole :gdflower3:

Does anyone know if I put items in my cart ahead of time will the prices adjust on their own when they implement the Black Friday prices or will it not work that way. I'm looking at trying online at Sears, Kohl's, & Officemax. Thanks in advance for any insight!

It 'might' work. That's the kicker, everything is going to be a 'maybe'. It couldn't hurt to try, though you may be wasting your time. I'd say, the night before the sale, go ahead add stuff to your cart, and check it first thing when the sales go live.

At Kohl's you can save your shopping cart then when you sign in on the sale day go to your account and get your cart then the prices will show up or at least they did for me last year.... but Kohl's doesn't save your cart unless you hit the save cart button. I am not sure about Sears or Office Max but if you try please come back and tell us how it worked out for you ;)

At Kohl's you can save your shopping cart then when you sign in on the sale day go to your account and get your cart then the prices will show up or at least they did for me last year.... but Kohl's doesn't save your cart unless you hit the save cart button. I am not sure about Sears or Office Max but if you try please come back and tell us how it worked out for you ;)

I've noticed that, on most sites, as long as you don't click away from the site altogether, your cart should stay as-is until you want to come back to it; in other words keep your chosen site open in one tab and don't close it until after you've come back to order.

I was just wondering if anybody had more information about this? Did anybody do it last year?

I was just wondering if anybody had more information about this? Did anybody do it last year?

It's impossible to say. Each store's checkout system works differently (and may have changed since last year).

My suggestion just to be safe would be to open windows/tabs for each product, then when the time comes, add them to your cart one after another.

It'll take a little longer, but it'll be quicker than having to remove items from the cart first if the prices didn't change.

Or better yet, do what I suggest above in one browser (IE/FireFox/Chrome/etc...) and in a different browser, put the items in your cart ahead of time. If the prices update in the cart, use that browser, otherwise use the first one and add the items one at a time.

Or better yet, do what I suggest above in one browser (IE/FireFox/Chrome/etc...) and in a different browser, put the items in your cart ahead of time. If the prices update in the cart, use that browser, otherwise use the first one and add the items one at a time.

Perfect Brad thanks! I will try that and see how it works :) Unfortunately this year we forgot to block our schedule so we can't make it out... hoping to get the deals online :)

Any info on Black friday at American Eagle? Ill probably be shopping them online-ive gotten an email from them saying Thanksgiving day only they are offering free shipping and 25% off your total purchase, and thats really tempting to get them out of the way, however im wondering if there are any hints of whats to come for Friday? Thanks!

1.) It depends on how much you want to pay for faster shipping and if they have it in stock. (Read their website for more info)

B.) It depends on who is selling it, every store is different. (Read their website for more info)

5.) It depends on who is selling it, every store is different. (Read their website for more info)

F.) Circuit City is NOT the same store it used to be, so the answer is probably no. (Read their website for more info)