Does anyone know how TRU will be handling the to two early bird times?

mommy23kids

I know TRU has the times set at midnight and 5AM, but how in the world are they going to handle that? You can't have people leave after the midnight sale because the lines will so very long. If they stay open how will they handle the 5AM doorbusters? I noticed most of them are electronics so maybe they're going to close the electronic department till 5AM. That would mean there will be ALOT of people at TRU! If anyone has heard anything please let me know. I'm so ready for some serious shopping!!:cheesy:

It's hard to say, they could do something similar to how Walmart is doing their doorbusters where you can't get the item until 5am when the sale starts. I would think that would be the way to do it because of programming in their computer system to ensure they aren't selling the item at the doorbuster price before 5am if it's a 5am doorbuster.

I have been to toys r us when they have had sales for a few hours while open and the stuff is on the shelves with tags that say the times available for that price and what the regular price is. And the registers will ring it up regular price before and after those hours of the sale.

this really really pi*s*s me off! I went to tru on sat and overheard the employees talking about it i pulled on aside to ask about a coupon i had to use that day and ask her how they were going to handle the 12 and 5 sales fri. She said she had no clue thats what they were trying to figure out. TRU Corp should have told them what they need to do! They were all confused as heck trying to figure it out!!! ERRR....This BF is gonna suck thanks to this! So from what she said every store will be diffrent as to how they are handling it! Some stores may have all the 5 am DB in a blocked off area then open that area at 5 then some may have all the items out but marke d "5 am sale" but doesnt look like we are lucky enough for them to close then re open. which that would be crap too but whatever! I have no idea what to do.........:mad::mad::(:(:mad::mad::(:(

this really really pi*s*s me off! I went to tru on sat and overheard the employees talking about it i pulled on aside to ask about a coupon i had to use that day and ask her how they were going to handle the 12 and 5 sales fri. She said she had no clue thats what they were trying to figure out. TRU Corp should have told them what they need to do! They were all confused as heck trying to figure it out!!! ERRR....This BF is gonna suck thanks to this! So from what she said every store will be diffrent as to how they are handling it! Some stores may have all the 5 am DB in a blocked off area then open that area at 5 then some may have all the items out but marke d "5 am sale" but doesnt look like we are lucky enough for them to close then re open. which that would be crap too but whatever! I have no idea what to do.........:mad::mad::(:(:mad::mad::(:(

What's worse is TRU manager and employees here had no clue there even was a 5 a.m. sale, and this is Tuesday before BF!!

i just talked to someone at the york, pa store. she said the 5-1 items will be available at 12, but won't ring up with the sale price until 5am.

just thought of this...couldn't you just take your receipt back after 5, before 1, and just get a price adjustment? i should have asked that! lol

she also said she didn't know if they would have zhu zhu, but if they did they have never set a limit per person on them. not sure if that's true.

and lastly, she said that in years past when they opened at 5, people normally started lining up outside around 4am.

i just talked to someone at the york, pa store. she said the 5-1 items will be available at 12, but won't ring up with the sale price until 5am.

just thought of this...couldn't you just take your receipt back after 5, before 1, and just get a price adjustment? i should have asked that! lol

she also said she didn't know if they would have zhu zhu, but if they did they have never set a limit per person on them. not sure if that's true.

and lastly, she said that in years past when they opened at 5, people normally started lining up outside around 4am.

TRU won't do price adjustments on BF until after 1 p.m. and then you can't get the sale price.

TRU won't do price adjustments on BF until after 1 p.m. and then you can't get the sale price.

i asked an employee on saturday if they would price adjust something i was buying if it was on sale for bf, and she said they have a 14 day pa period. so they should do that during the doorbuster time...tho i understand them not doing it for fridays two doorbuster deals. (i.e. buy before 5, then come back after. it was just a thought i had, but doubted they would do it). it just seems silly to me for them to have 2 different times altogether!

i asked an employee on saturday if they would price adjust something i was buying if it was on sale for bf, and she said they have a 14 day pa period. so they should do that during the doorbuster time...tho i understand them not doing it for fridays two doorbuster deals. (i.e. buy before 5, then come back after. it was just a thought i had, but doubted they would do it). it just seems silly to me for them to have 2 different times altogether!

I was also in the York, Pa store on Sunday and asked about the price adjusting and I was told the same thing, that they would price adjust if it was within the 14 day period. I bought what I wanted, hopefully that will hold true!!